• Advertisement

Rick and Morty

Aya♥

I decided to give in and watch Rick and Morty, and I can honestly say I really loved it. I've never really watched adult shows before, but this one I found really enjoyable. I really like the character Rick, I find him a perfect example of how you can make a character an asshole but make him likeable at the same time. I especially liked the episode The Wedding Squanchers and The Rickshank Redemption. I can't wait to see the rest of Season 3.

Spoiler

enjoyed both episodes as of late and they were pretty funny in their own ways. Can't believe Rick was able to move around as a pickle so much, very creative as always. Rip Robot Morty in particular.

• Like 1

I wasn't crazy about Rickmancing The Stone, but man Pickle Rick was a great episode. Hilarious all through out and just seeing Rick going on a rampage as a pickle was great, as well as the super awkward therapy scenes, and Rick fucking with the people in the building. I hope tonight's episode doesn't disappoint because I really did like Pickle Rick a lot.

I loved both episodes. 

Rickmancing The Stone was a great commentary on modern society, whereas Pickle Rick was a an action movie with focus on Beth/Rick relationship.

Both episodes weren't as funny as season 3 premiere but they still had tons of solid jokes and I'm digging where they are going with changes of season 3 premiere.

I can't wait to see how this season goes.

Vindicators 3: The Return of Worldender is an episode that a lot of people seem to divided just like how this season seem to be divided. Some love it and some hate it for same reasons actually. I'm one of the lover ones, although I wouldn't say this episode was that funny. It still had it's moments but it was more of a dark thriller than a comedy. I appreciated the whole episode that and it kept me edge on my seat.

Spoiler

People have called this episode too mean-spirited and they don't like the direction of turning Rick into unsympathetic asshole who doesn't care about anything. Although yeah, he did show some emotions over his kid and grandkids; he has always been a careless person for the most part. He did leave an entire universe with mutated people, he took a Morty replacement coupon and he always thinks everything is meaningless. That was always been the premise of this show. I agree that Rick has been more nihilist and careless than ever before but I'm digging the whole story arc here. Some people also seem to complain they think crew writes Rick's fucked up decisions to be right but it's not. During this season, he has been called out by Morty multiple times, even in this episode. Rick may seem undefetable right now but there are definitely gonna be consequences of his actions soon. Back to the episode, I actually love the direction of making Rick the villain. That worked out with Walter White in Breaking Bad so perfectly and I love it here too. I actually felt so cheated but at the same time, I laughed at the whole ride drunk Rick made was for some character named Noob Noob in this episode, instead of Morty. The show really knows when you feel like you are gonna feel emotional towards Rick but instead it's a big cop out and it's funny, tho it shouldn't be abused. But keep in mind, Rick still cared for Morty in this episode. When he thought the ride was meant for Morty, he believes in because of how he feels about Morty but he still keeps that blocked by explaining the characters it's logical to think the ride is meant for Morty. I also loved how Rick took down the Vindicators "one by one" by manipulating the members against each other and himself. One thing I'm not such a fan is that occasional toilet humor. I don't mind that in this show sometimes but I have noticed there have been more poop jokes in this season and I hope the crew cuts them down. Rick getting diarrhea was just unfunny.

So that's my take on this episode. I really loved it for what it told and I can't wait how they'll explore further but I hope they'll do more good jokes in upcoming episodes.

Next episode seems like a fun time.

RICK AND JERRY EPISODE

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Vindicators 3: The Return of Worldender is an episode that a lot of people seem to divided just like how this season seem to be divided. Some love it and some hate it for same reasons actually. I'm one of the lover ones, although I wouldn't say this episode was that funny. It still had it's moments but it was more of a dark thriller than a comedy. I appreciated the whole episode that and it kept me edge on my seat.

Hide contents

People have called this episode too mean-spirited and they don't like the direction of turning Rick into unsympathetic asshole who doesn't care about anything. Although yeah, he did show some emotions over his kid and grandkids; he has always been a careless person for the most part. He did leave an entire universe with mutated people, he took a Morty replacement coupon and he always thinks everything is meaningless. That was always been the premise of this show. I agree that Rick has been more nihilist and careless than ever before but I'm digging the whole story arc here. Some people also seem to complain they think crew writes Rick's fucked up decisions to be right but it's not. During this season, he has been called out by Morty multiple times, even in this episode. Rick may seem undefetable right now but there are definitely gonna be consequences of his actions soon. Back to the episode, I actually love the direction of making Rick the villain. That worked out with Walter White in Breaking Bad so perfectly and I love it here too. I actually felt so cheated but at the same time, I laughed at the whole ride drunk Rick made was for some character named Noob Noob in this episode, instead of Morty. The show really knows when you feel like you are gonna feel emotional towards Rick but instead it's a big cop out and it's funny, tho it shouldn't be abused. But keep in mind, Rick still cared for Morty in this episode. When he thought the ride was meant for Morty, he believes in because of how he feels about Morty but he still keeps that blocked by explaining the characters it's logical to think the ride is meant for Morty. I also loved how Rick took down the Vindicators "one by one" by manipulating the members against each other and himself. One thing I'm not such a fan is that occasional toilet humor. I don't mind that in this show sometimes but I have noticed there have been more poop jokes in this season and I hope the crew cuts them down. Rick getting diarrhea was just unfunny.

So that's my take on this episode. I really loved it for what it told and I can't wait how they'll explore further but I hope they'll do more good jokes in upcoming episodes.

Next episode seems like a fun time.

RICK AND JERRY EPISODE

With that spoiler, oh my god I agree so much. I love this change they're doing and I know it's building to something. Rick, before, was an asshole, but it seems this season he's just become more immature, unsympathetic, and reckless with him being an asshole, and I like how Morty, who Rick's beat down in the past for being whiny, obnoxious, wimpy, etc is showing real signs of maturity and is starting to stand up to him. It's a really nice character change to the relationship of Rick and Morty and I really think it's building up to something. I just think it's such an interesting idea to make Rick an antagonist because he's just become so depraved and assholish.

And I really loved the new episode. I loved the Vindicators and I really did enjoy just how over the top Rick became. It plays with expectations and I thought it was really funny? Was it mean spirited? Yeah. But Rick is an asshole, even more so so far this season and less caring and the fact Morty has called him out on it breathes fresh air into their chemistry and is some nice character progression.

• Like 1

The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy is so far the funniest episode of this season and a great way to move the character arcs of season 3 further. 

Spoiler

Finally an episode that almsot everyone adored, can't say I can blame them. A lot of jokes were top notch like little people, who work as slaves in Rick's device, tricking Morty to make them escape, Rick being drugged that he finds himself pathetic and that worm hole trip sequence, such a trippy scene. Rick and Jerry dynamic was amazing and It quite surprised me how they handled Jerry being such a pathetic dude. I really felt bad for him in the entire show until Rick actually called him out for feeding on people feeling bad for him. I can't help but feel it was also a commentary on fandom feeling bad for Jerry but dear lord, it hit me so hard. I'm glad Rick did admit he drove Beth to get a divorce from Jerry tho. Jerry's development on finally toughen up was great, although he's still back to needing some stuff from people but it's a slow development, he'll eventually become someone who doesn't need anyone's sympathy. Morty is slowly becoming Rick and this episode proved that. Not only he put Summer's crush in a horrendous situation for insulting Summer's looks, Morty called out her mother for acting so attached to Rick that she is Rick but it was also ironic that Morty was like Rick in this episode, calling out people's bullshit and making them suffer. Even if this season hasn't quite reached season 1-2 humor yet, character study of this season has been perfect and this episode was just a hilarity.

This is one of the best episodes in this show already. Tons of humor with great characterizations.

4 hours ago, Dr. WhoBruh said:

The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy is so far the funniest episode of this season and a great way to move the character arcs of season 3 further. 

Hide contents

Finally an episode that almsot everyone adored, can't say I can blame them. A lot of jokes were top notch like little people, who work as slaves in Rick's device, tricking Morty to make them escape, Rick being drugged that he finds himself pathetic and that worm hole trip sequence, such a trippy scene. Rick and Jerry dynamic was amazing and It quite surprised me how they handled Jerry being such a pathetic dude. I really felt bad for him in the entire show until Rick actually called him out for feeding on people feeling bad for him. I can't help but feel it was also a commentary on fandom feeling bad for Jerry but dear lord, it hit me so hard. I'm glad Rick did admit he drove Beth to get a divorce from Jerry tho. Jerry's development on finally toughen up was great, although he's still back to needing some stuff from people but it's a slow development, he'll eventually become someone who doesn't need anyone's sympathy. Morty is slowly becoming Rick and this episode proved that. Not only he put Summer's crush in a horrendous situation for insulting Summer's looks, Morty called out her mother for acting so attached to Rick that she is Rick but it was also ironic that Morty was like Rick in this episode, calling out people's bullshit and making them suffer. Even if this season hasn't quite reached season 1-2 humor yet, character study of this season has been perfect and this episode was just a hilarity.

This is one of the best episodes in this show already. Tons of humor with great characterizations.

I just finished it and I wholeheartedly agree. This episode was fantastic. It was hilarious all through out and the Rick and Jerry dynamic in it is great, and this comes from someone who can't stand Jerry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HelloMisterSpringtime said:

Am I the only one who never hated Jerry?

I never hated Jerry. I actually like him, despite stupid dad trope but the crew know how to use that trope. I loved his development in last episode.