• Advertisement

Rick and Morty

Aya♥

Rest and Ricklaxation was a nice lil character study for both Rick and Morty. I identify with Toxic Morty a bit too much than what I'm comfortable with lol. That final confrontation between both sides was pretty awesome and deep. Just hearing Rick actually console Morty for once was pretty heart breaking with everything put into perspective, especially since feelings like that are what Rick truly deems to be toxic to himself. It was also nice to see Jessica play a bigger role than what we're used to seeing from her, and seeing that she cares about Morty enough to help put him back to normal. Clean Morty was a freakin card.

• Like 2

Massive spoiler below. It's probably not going to be so much of a spoiler within a few days, but I'm keeping it marked for those who haven't caught up with the latest episode.

Spoiler

New episode aired recently. Evil Morty is back and has become President of the Council of Ricks, establishing his plan to take over the Citadel of Ricks. It's the definitely the biggest surprise from S3 so far, while the series just keeps getting darker and intriguing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steel Sponge said:

Massive spoiler below. It's probably not going to be so much of a spoiler within a few days, but I'm keeping it marked for those who haven't caught up with the latest episode.

Reveal hidden contents

New episode aired recently. Evil Morty is back and has become President of the Council of Ricks, establishing his plan to take over the Citadel of Ricks. It's the definitely the biggest surprise from S3 so far, while the series just keeps getting darker and intriguing.

I think this might be the best episode of the series so far.

Spoiler

I loved every single Rick and Morty that played very unique roles in Citadel. Evil Morty running for president, cop Morty being a corrupt cop and being mean to cop Rick, the Rick who refused to work and wanted to explore the universe, Morties in Morty school who goes to garbage wishing portal etc. After hearing the same music from 1x10, I knew Evil Morty took over Citadel and yet it was very dark and sinister. Not the mention Simple Rick's snack which is made of one Rick's happy memories, real shit man.

This season keeps getting better and better and I can't wait how it'll wrap up.

seen every episode except the last one that came out. I might need to brush up on rewatching eps but I don't find rick more asseholeish this season like some people do. Actually I feel he's nicer in some ways, like drunk calling jessica about missing morty, owning up that he tried to get beth to divorce jerry, etc. Compare that to leaving behind his original dimension family (except morty of course) and the free morty coupon and etc eps.

was iffy about this season, but the three eps I saw after pickle rick have confirmed to me that this season has fresh ideas as ever.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kiyozu♡ said:

seen every episode except the last one that came out. I might need to brush up on rewatching eps but I don't find rick more asseholeish this season like some people do. Actually I feel he's nicer in some ways, like drunk calling jessica about missing morty, owning up that he tried to get beth to divorce jerry, etc. Compare that to leaving behind his original dimension family (except morty of course) and the free morty coupon and etc eps.

was as iffy about this season, but the three eps I saw after pickle rick have confirmed to me that this season has fresh ideas as ever.

oh you gotta see the last episode. Quite possibly my favorite R&M episode ever.

Holy crap with the last episode. This show keeps getting better and better.

Spoiler

Nearly everything about this episode was unforgettable in a funny and a messed up way with reality switch because of evil squirrels, the suicidal alien that wanted to live later on and then died, the man on the moon killing himself, Rick building a simple looking machine that creates pleasure, Morty correcting Rick, Mr. Poopy Butthole engaging with Morty, possessed Morty, Morty using magnet to gain redhead girls, Summer restoring Rick and Morty's memories and getting shit from them end credits with Jerry and so much more. I loved how this was more than just Morty dealing with shit from others. It was also Morty screwing things up and Rick removing some memories from Morty he doesn't want him to keep. That made all sketches very unique on their own. By far the most interesting aspect of this episode was that Rick hates when Morty ends up being superior to him a few times and he removes those memories. We knew Rick wants to feel the smartest and the flawless person but showing that he's not perfect and Morty can be better than him at certain aspects was great to see that Rick is still an imcomplete human being.

This was a much more clever way to do Interdimensional Cable 3 than another Interdimensional Cable because previous one was weak in terms of plot. Next week is Rick and Beth episode and I can't wait to see how their dynamic will play out.

Grade: A

Edited by Dr. WhoBruh

ABCs of Beth wasn't one of my favorites of this season but it's the most important one yet unless season finale manages to top this.

Spoiler

After three seasons, Beth actually realized her true self. She's just like Rick, except maybe even more sociopath and destructive. The talk about Rick making an imaginary world to keep Beth out of others in danger shows some sort of theories I have in regards to Rick's past. I think Rick left Beth and his ex-wife because he didn't want Beth to become like himself and there's this fact that Rick's nihilistic thoughts; nothing matters, there are infinite versions of Beth and her mother but after many years, I think he actually missed Beth, so he decided to be with Beth and her kids and deal with Jerry all the time but he still jumps in between universes due to hiis nihilistic nature and Beth is aware of our Rick not being her Rick. This episode gave us some of that backstory of Rick and Beth's past and I couldn't be happier and I feel like what little we are given is a much more interesting backstory than just your typical "oh my whole family is murdered, so that's how I became this guy", even though that still gives us the question of why other Ricks have abandoned Beth unless our Rick killed them and that still leaves the question of why he didn't stay with them. I'm glad this episode gave us some explanation and Beth actually got some good development here. I'm also glad Rick is in the wrong too. Beth is finally aware of Rick's shittiness and she has every right to be mad at Rick for leaving her. So we are left with question of If Beth right now is real or a clone. I tyhink she's a clone since she was talking like everything is great and yeah people do that but there was something off about her. If the next episodes continue with this,  I'll believe she's legit clone. Damn, the show most likely jumped another universe again and now Beth could be a clone. The show continues to be so unpredictable and plays with our knowledge.

As for Jerry's subplot, Jerry is slowly being developed into a lesser pathetic person. He finally had guts to tell the truth about himself and It makes me happy Summer and Morty refused to help him, this was all Jerry's fault and Jerry is the one that should fix this. One small moment but I think Rick is a bit more caring for Jerry now. He killed his ex's husband and he tells this in a message. Good to see Rick being less shitty with Jerry but that's probably because Jerry is also being self-aware of his problems and that's what Rick always wanted.

If there's one problem is that one joke got on my nerves. The jokes were good in this episode but the one with Rick telling every shit of Beth got too long and tiresome, I found myself watching Family Guy long gags.

Another great character study episode for this excellent season and I can't wait to see how season 3 finale will go.

Grade: A-

I don't know if any of you guys know, but they're bringing back Szechuan Sauce at select McDonald's locations this Saturday. https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/1/16385268/rick-and-morty-mcdonalds-szechuan-sauce

I plan to go to my select location because it's just a short bus ride over and a short one back. I don't think it should be that crazy, and what do I have to lose. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Old Man Jenkins said:

That finale, while not as heavy as last season's, was still pretty freakin hilarious broh. I fucking love Keith David, always a pleasure to hear him especially when he goes balls to the wall. And congrats to the new Poopybutthole family!

yeah it wasn't exactly heavy since they planned to do 14 episodes but they didn't have time, so we got a random episode about the president vs Rick

Spoiler

I also thought this episode was funny. However, it's perhaps my least favorite out of all episodes of this season. I felt like this episode was a bit too referency with pop culture. I don't mind that but it was a bit overdone in this episode. The whole nihilistic stuff at the end was a bit too on the nose  but it was still engaging and I'm more convinced that the Beth rn is clone since real Beth wouldn't act like she's questioning if she's a clone or not unless she pretends to question it ? I disliked that Beth and Jerry are back together again. Their on and off relationship isn't that interesting and I hope they won't go with this again for season 4. I'd prefer if they kept Jerry seperate and make him less pathetic of himself. Other than that, I'm glad the family stopped giving shit about what Rick says now and it's gonna be an interesting family dynamic next season. Preisdent vs Rick fight at the end was amazing, I laughed all the way through. And Poopybutthole family yes <33333

Kind of sucked that all the set up of Evil morty and PhoenixPerson didn't happen in this finale but it'd feel overstuffed anyway, so I hope they plan on a 2 part episode for both in the next season.

Season 3 was another fantastic season brought by the crew. It could be even my favorite out of 3 in terms of the arcs, themes and characterizations. I'm not sure if it's the funniest season but episodes like The Rickshank Redemption, The Wirly Dirly Conspiracy, The Ricklantis Mixup and Morty's Mind Blowers are some of the hardest I've laughed in this show. Here's to season 4, whenever that is. I suspect it's Christmas 2018 based on what Mr. Poopybutthole said about keeping a Santa beard.

1 hour ago, Old Man Jenkins said:

That finale, while not as heavy as last season's, was still pretty freakin hilarious broh. I fucking love Keith David, always a pleasure to hear him especially when he goes balls to the wall. And congrats to the new Poopybutthole family!

Yeah I thought it was pretty alright. I thought it wasn't really a good finale though but a good episode.

• Like 1

Yeah same with WhoBob, I didn’t want Jerry and Beth together again but I like how the family is growing more and more chill and understanding each other, especially Rick’s antics. And also it ended on a good and happy note. Besides the fart joke of course. Being on a cliff hanger while it’s a quality thing usually, for selfish reasons I feel better that it didn’t go out that way. Who would want another year and a half or so of just again of agonizing waiting. See you eventually again, show.

• Like 2