• Advertisement

Breadwinners

Jjs Goodman

http://www.nick.com/shows/breadwinners/

An upcoming show on Nickelodeon, based off of a Youtube short. So far I don't know what to make of it. The animation seems bizarre, and so does the concept. But hey, if Nick doesn't abandon this show after the first season and actually gives it a chance, maybe it'll be some decent programming it has long needed.

• Like 4

This is only just what I thought. Nickelodeon is getting wierder and wierder.

The flames of the classic fans are getting flamier (no offense BTW)

And the hiatuses are getting hiatusier.

Since I haven't even watched Sanjay and Craig yet, this one is a miss for me.

The flames of the classic fans are getting flamier (no offense BTW)

I wouldn't say all of them.  ;)

I watched the YouTube short this Summer and it looks like something Nickelodeon needs: something that's wacky, yet not too over-modern. From what I remember, the show has it's own style and isn't trying to be modern or copying another successful show (Sanjay and Craig anyone?).

Then why did you join a forum based on a Nickelodeon show? This ain't a forum about singing and dancing.

Who actually talks about SpongeBob here?

Anyways, as for the show, I keep my hopes down for a Nick show, but hey, you never know.

Guys! Here is a difference from the original version (It's shocking it's based on something) to the Nickelodeon version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHlcVx2_nc0

Adventure Time, Fairly Oddparents, My Life as a Teenage Robot, and Regular Show (and probably others) are all "based on something". It's not that shocking. It's usually how cartoons happen.

• Like 2

SpongeOddFan, on 02 Nov 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:snapback.png

it's called an opinion.

Oh, that's what those are called.

Everybody has opinions, even if you don't think others opinions are right, there might be those who will think they are. I actually decided to watch the sneak peak/first episode of the show when it first aired. It seems to be pretty good so far.  :) All "Breadwinners" has to do in order to continue being a good show is to NOT go down the road that shows like "Planet Sheen, Fanboy & Chum-Chum" have taken, and they should do just fine. :D

Well, it's becoming very obvious.

Only if you make it obvious by boiling each show down to something it's not.

Adventure Time: A warrior and his step-brother (who's a magical shape-shifting dog) fight through - and help - the citizens of "Ooo", while trying to save princesses from the nefarious - and super-powered - Ice King.

Sanjay and Craig: A boy goes to school and deals with life as an average everyday kid except he has a pet snake that talks.

Regular Show: A group of anthropomorphic animals/inanimate objects try to run a park, except the main characters just want to slack off all the time and try to look for ways out of work (side-bar underlying theme: the reason why there are animals and inanimate objects and humans is because it's about a group of friends and when you're friends with someone you see them for who they really are, which is why Margaret is a bird and her dad is a person).

Breadwinners: ?????????

Just because it's a sudden surge of "HEY DUDE BRO, LET'S DO SOMETHING RADICAL JUNK" doesn't make it all the same radical junk. If you only see them for their (slim) similarities then that's all you're going to see. Is Gravity Falls a rip-off of Scooby-Doo because they're both about mystery? No, probably not.

• Like 1