• Advertisement

131b. A Pal for Gary

Jjs Goodman

it made me go insane that spongebob didn't know that fluffy was evil and trying to eat or kill gary, and it made me go insane that he still thought it was gary hurting fluffy and told gary to put fluffy down EVEN THOUGH HE KNEW that fluffy turned into a monster when he walked into the room. ok, WHAT THE HECK? that ain't right. HOWEVER, even though i hated it, i also loved it because that's part of the intensity and suspense of the episode. that's the way it seems like it should be. it's not like i haven't seen anything like it before. so i hated what happened 50 percent and loved what happened 50 percent. and now, that does not mean i would give the episode 5/10 or a C because i hated and loved it. i would still give it a 10/10 and an A because if spongebob didn't find out and react the way he did, the episode would have been stupid and pointless, and so that's supposed to be the composition of it. so ya.

what could have been a sensible balance is for spongebob not knowing that fluffy turned into an evil monster and attacking gary, but then when he walks in acts normal by panicking and trying to save gary or something. not telling gary to put fluffy down which is something that not even an idiot would say. however, i still felt that it was needed for spongebob to tell gary to put fluffy down because that's what made the episode the most funny and that's what really put the icing on the cake to finish off the episode. it seemed wrong, but it also seemed right. i know, my viewpoint is really ironic, but i feel that everyone else feels the same way, even though that is probably not true. really idk though.

• Like 6

My least favorite episode in this season.

I agree. Perhaps it's just because I like 'equality', but I really don't like character abuse when really they have done nothing wrong (except for Squidward, but I have a limit for that too - Boating Buddies, anyone?) and this episode was no exception. SpongeBob, I hate to say, really was beyond idiotic - alright, so he's very naive and clueless, but that was just too far. I really wanted Gary to win at the end, but sadly that was not the case. (One thing I did like though, was the 'enchilada' scene. SpongeBob was hilarious then.)

Rating: 3/10

Now I'm sounding like somebody from TV.com, so I think I'll stop.

• Like 3

AHH GOD MAKE IT GO AWAY

Surprised that a lot of people like this episode. I'm honestly willing to call it the worst episode of Spongebob. Why? Well, imagine how the plot of the episode came about.

Richard Pursel: Hey, guys, I need an idea for a plot? Any thoughts?

Steven Banks:.......You could torture Gary needlessly for 11 minutes while making Spongebob look like an idiot-

Richard Pursel: GENIUS. PURE GENIUS.

I really don't understand this episode. All it seems to try to do is torture Gary for no reason whatsoever. Puffy Fluffy was actually sort of cute, I'll admit. You know, until he turned into this:

Fluffy1.jpg

And, I'll admit, the design was actually pretty cool, but it doesn't fit in Spongebob. And, while the first half of the episode was actually good (the animation was incredibly nice in the opening scene, and the storyboards were oddly pleasant) right after Spongebob says "Enchiladas" (which is hilarious :P) the episode takes a dive into an unremarkable, unfunny horror movie skit. Gary gets chased by a giant monster. ISN'T THAT HILARIOUS?! Gary almost gets burned. OH MY GOSH, MONTY PYTHON LEVEL COMEDY WE'RE WRITING HERE! Spongebob is totally oblivious to the fact that Gary is about to die. BWAHAHA- OH GOD, I CANNOT BREATHE, I'M LAUGHING TOO HARD, OH- OH-

No. That's not funny. Spongebob is a comedy. And when you manage to make an episode almost entirely devoid of laughs (except for the "enchiladas" gag :P), you've done something wrong. The mentality that says that we should torture a character for an episode just bugs me. Bad episode, incredibly unfunny second half.

2/10

• Like 5

This episode made me think that the "Spongebob who loves Gary with all his heart" from "I Was a Teenage Gary" to "Spongebob who doesn't even listen to Gary". This episode had it's funny moments, but it was pretty heartless. Spongebob came off as a jerk who didn't listen to Gary or anyone, bringing home a dangerous pet, and not getting come-uppance as usual. Way to go, guys.

2/10

• Like 5

I thought it was an ok episode. Puffy Fluffy was cute and evil at the same time. It got a little creepy and strange near the ending and Spongebob was kind of annoying. There was some funny parts though.

But i will give it a B.

oh hey old me

But yeah, ignore that post of mine. My thoughts have really changed of this episode. This episode had a promising concept but it got ruined by SpongeBob's obliviousness (how did he not recognize Gary?). Puffy Fluffy was pretty cute up until it turned into a monster. I normally like Gary episodes, but this one wasn't really one of my favorites. It's a bad episode, though I will admit it had its moments (like the enchiladas joke). 4/10

• Like 1

This episode was really bad. Thanks to SpongeBob. He keeps blaming Gary in this episode. I really felt bad for Gary in this episode. There was only one funny moment in this episode and It's Gary watching a movie. Also Gary saving SpongeBob was awesome. 3/10

• Like 1