• Advertisement

131b. A Pal for Gary

Jjs Goodman

On 1/7/2016 at 3:22 PM, 4EverGreen said:

I think it's ironic how DESPITE the fact the episode itself seems pretty terrible AND hated; as of January 7, 2016, the topic has over 8,000 VIEWS!!!!  Pretty weird, if you think about it!

What is it about this thread having 8,000 views though? Is it not a lot? Is it as much as you didn't expect?

7 hours ago, Steel Sponge said:

What is it about this thread having 8,000 views though? Is it not a lot? Is it as much as you didn't expect?

Actually, what's weird is that 8,000 views is a LOT more than I would expect for an episode of this nature!

20 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

Actually, what's weird is that 8,000 views is a LOT more than I would expect for an episode of this nature!

I say it's prominently because it's really interesting to talk about some of SpongeBob's most controversial episodes. Just look at One Coarse Meal and its 13,000 views.

This is one of the very few episodes in which my original post in this thread under the spongebobfan29 banner, I still highly stand by. Except for the fact that I now find it the worst of the entire series. This episode has absolutely NOTHING going for it at all IMO. Puffy Fluffy was horrible, from the design of the creature to how terrible he was to Gary. Absolutely the worst character this series has ever had. Then, there's the fact that the first half was very dull, which meant that leading up to the abhorrently bad second half I was already not enjoying myself and wanting to switch the channel. But, the biggest problem with this episode: SPONGEBOB! He is so UNGODLY ignorant of how Gary is being treated by this monster, and the "You put puffy fluffy down right now!" line still upsets me to this day. I absolutely HATE seeing SpongeBob so unbelievably ignorant and CRUEL towards the treatment of his pet, it is so f**ing painful and frustrating to watch! But what REALLY makes this the worst episode of all time IMO, is the fact that there's not even a single joke I slightly liked. Even in most of the absolute worst episodes of SpongeBob, I could probably, if asked, name at least one tiny little thing that made me laugh or that I slightly enjoyed watching (Example: In One Coarse Meal, my 4th least favorite episode,  the opening of the episode was actually pretty fun to watch. It went all downhill from there, of course, but the opening saved it from being the absolute worst thing SpongeBob has ever created). But this? I honestly can't even name ONE slight thing, not even how SpongeBob says "enchiladas" (Which I actually found more stupid than amusing or funny). It is the absolute worst episode in the series, and I don't see it ever changing (Though then again, if Ink Lemonade taught me anything, it's that we can never be so certain about what our bottom 5 episode will remain to be up until the day the show actually ends).

0/10 (I think I'm being nice even just rating it this score rather than a negative score).

Hey, I just thought of a CRAZY Cartoon Conspiracy that can't be ENTIRELY dis-proven! o.o What if they Gypsy Woman who sold Spongebob the Nudibranch, also CURSED Spongebob to be incredibly STUPID and neglectful to Gary as long as Spongebob HAD the Nudibranch, because she KNEW that the Nudibranch would cause him nothing but trouble?! And the reason she CURSED Spongebob, was simply because she was bored, and it amused her?! If you watch this episode thinking that, it kind of makes the episode a lot more bearable and entertaining to watch! :hysterical: Just a thought! :D Enough said! :cool: