• Advertisement

Xbox One Rant

Aya♥

This has to be the single greatest downfall of any press release in video gaming history.
Let us sit down and I will put info through your mind in the form of many lists.

First List I will provide:  Reasons why the Xbox One will fall in comparison to the PS4 and Wii U consoles.

1. The design doesn't look any different than the Xbox 360 Elite.
  2. The controller has that stupid looking tumor coming out of the top
  3. It looks like a VCR
  4. NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE WITH THE 360
  5. YOU CANNOT PLAY PRE-OWNED GAMES WITHOUT A FEE
  6. YOU CAN NOT BORROW/LOAN GAMES WITHOUT A FEE
  7. NFL/MICROSOFT PARTNERSHIP WHICH MAY INCLUDE MORE FEES
  8. YOU MUST LOG ONLINE ONCE A DAY
  9. YOU MUST HAVE THE KINECT 2 PLUGGED INTO TO TURN ON YOUR SYSTEM
  10. IT IS A FUCKING REMOTE CONTROL FOR YOU TELE
  11. THEY DID NOT RELEASE ANY LAUNCH TITLES FOR THE SYSTEM AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE
  12. THE HALO TELEVISION SERIES HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CONSOLE IT'S SELF
  13. CALL OF DUTY: GHOST IS REHASHING AND MAY BE XBOX EXCLUSIVE, TAKING MONEY FROM SONY AND NINTENDO
  14.  EA AND MICROSOFT ARE LIKE MONEY SUCKING LEACHES
  15. THE ENTIRE PRESS CONFERENCE WAS ABOUT TV, THAT'S IT
  16. THE ENTIRE PRESS CONFERENCE WAS ABOUT SPORTS, THAT'S IT
  • Like 3

I forgot some points

1. You MUST download your games onto a 500 GB hard drive, where eventually you will run out of space
  2. What's the fucking purpose of the discs?
  3. You can access it from your phone?  What if you don't have a fucking Windows phone?  WHY NOT JUST GET A FUCKING PC, SINCE IT'S PRETTY MUCH THE GOD DAMN SAME THING

The Xbox One itself sounds kinda disappointing but I'm sure Microsoft will sort this out somehow. On the other note, people seem to love the Wii U again since the One was announced, especially in gaming forums. But PS4 fans are not surprised of this from what I've seen so far.

The Xbox One itself sounds kinda disappointing but I'm sure Microsoft will sort this out somehow. On the other note, people seem to love the Wii U again since the One was announced, especially in gaming forums. But PS4 fans are not surprised of this from what I've seen so far.

The Wii U and the PS4 will put the Xbox One to shame

I can see the XBox One being this bad, but I wouldn't judge too quickly and too absurdly. Perhaps this is because I won't probably get any of the consoles as I considerably won't afford one in the near future.

I can see the XBox One being this bad, but I wouldn't judge too quickly and too absurdly. Perhaps this is because I won't probably get one of the consoles as I considerably won't afford one in the near future.

I'm not judging it, I'm just saying the Truth

EDIT: well I mean when I criticized the design yeah, but all the rest are facts, practically

Edited by Malcolm♥

Step 1: Integrate everything into a Cloud.

Step 2: Have users pay a fee that depends on how often they play and how many games they play (so someone who pays for one game a month would pay considerably less than someone who pays for unlimited for a year).

Step 3: Get rid of all the unnecessary garbage that has nothing to do with video games.

In summation: Get a Steam account.

In other summation: Buy a Wii U because not having to use a TV for video games is friggin' revolutionary and they need to advertise the fact that you can play anywhere as long as you have power.

Please, god please everyone on SBC, DO NOT BUY AN XBOX ONE. DO NOT LET YOUR PARENTS BUY YOU AN XBOX ONE. AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME, OPENLY SPEAK AGAINST THE XBOX ONE.

Why am i so passionate about this?

Because if the Xbox One sells well (which, it quite possibly can, what with all the xbox sheep and fanboys), Sony will probably think some of these qualities, including but not limited to NO USED GAMES, are good and integrate them into their systems, along with everybody else. Unless most of these are proven to be rumors at E3 or even holiday season (which, some of these are already confirmed.), do NOT buy this.

Buy a PS4.

it will have good launch games.

Thank you

• Like 5

These rants.  They speak to me.  They tell me that I should buy an XBox One to spite you all. :smirk:

Spoiler

Nah I think I'm good with my Wii U for now.  When it comes to my eventual second next gen console, I was gonna probably end up buying a PS4 anyway when the price is right.

Please, god please everyone on SBC, DO NOT BUY AN XBOX ONE. DO NOT LET YOUR PARENTS BUY YOU AN XBOX ONE. AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME, OPENLY SPEAK AGAINST THE XBOX ONE.

Why am i so passionate about this?

Because if the Xbox One sells well (which, it quite possibly can, what with all the xbox sheep and fanboys), Sony will probably think some of these qualities, including but not limited to NO USED GAMES, are good and integrate them into their systems, along with everybody else. Unless most of these are proven to be rumors at E3 or even holiday season (which, some of these are already confirmed.), do NOT buy this.

Buy a PS4.

it will have good launch games.

Thank you

Yeah, that no used games thing is literally the least of our problems.  Steam doesn't do used games and they're showing absolutely no signs of being in any sort of trouble and no one is up in arms about anything they're doing.  People only like used games because they're cheaper, but if we just cut out the middleman (ie: Gamestop) then they would be cheaper anyway because then we wouldn't have to pay for the disc and the packaging.  I think everyone's just super ticked about the way Microsoft is doing this because Xbox is a console and not a computer so they shouldn't be making the Xbox One into a shittier version of Steam, but they're doing it anyway because it's the easiest way to make money and the sheeple will give them the money they want and then they'll just keep doing it.

Regardless of that, though, Sony won't conform to Microsoft's way of operating (the only way I could see that happening would be if literally zero PS4s sell from the time it gets released until the next console is announced and literally every single Xbox One sells from the time it gets released until the next console is announced).  They both have different ways to go about their businesses so if Sony decides to scrap everything they've been about and go the way of Microsoft then they may as well just let Microsoft buy them out because that'd be stupid.