• Advertisement

Are We Too Generous on New Spongebob Episodes?

PatBack

Loads of people on Youtube and tv.com don't think Season 8 was good at all.

A minority of people on YouTube and TV.com don't think Season 8 was good at all. The MAJORITY (I've seen far more people who think Season 8 was great than people who think it sucks) disagree with them. "Everyone" isn't a few people on a few videos on YouTube.

A minority of people on YouTube and TV.com don't think Season 8 was good at all. The MAJORITY (I've seen far more people who think Season 8 was great than people who think it sucks) disagree with them. "Everyone" isn't a few people on a few videos on YouTube.

Show me any videos on Youtube with comments praising Season 8.

I don't think we're being too generous. I judge episodes based on their individual quality, and on average, their quality has been rising since Seasons 6/7.

Show me any videos on Youtube with comments praising Season 8.

Lol. Are you that desperate to prove that there are people who don't like Season 8?

I don't think we're being too generous. I judge episodes based on their individual quality, and on average, their quality has been rising since Seasons 6/7.

Lol. Are you that desperate to prove that there are people who don't like Season 8?

I just keep hearing that statement, despite the fact I've gotten no proof whatsoever.

I just keep hearing that statement, despite the fact I've gotten no proof whatsoever.

First of all, let me rephrase what I said earlier. Many who despise Season 8 gave up on the show during Season 5 or 6 and believe it hasn't gotten better since. Second of all, you want proof loyal fans still exist? Got some right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gn6KuW5ous

Notice all the positive comments and Season 8 episodes or clips under video recommendations.

• Like 3

There are loyal fans of SpongeBob out there, for instance tigerdude. I met him through a SpongeBob comment on Youtube before he was on SBC and he was from TV.com. As much as it does seem temping to quickly view the views of others on Youtube (I have done so too), in the end their information might not be trustworthy. Likely they probably haven't even seen all or even most of the newer episodes to have a fair opinion. What SG was saying earlier, some fans just have given up on the show in general and might be bias about simple S8 episodes that are not even bad.

There are loyal fans of SpongeBob out there, for instance tigerdude.

Tigerdude loves anything the Spongebob writers throw to him, at least ever since Season 8 began.

As much as it does seem temping to quickly view the views of others on Youtube (I have done so too), in the end their information might not be trustworthy. Likely they probably haven't even seen all or even most of the newer episodes to have a fair opinion. What SG was saying earlier, some fans just have given up on the show in general and might be bias about simple S8 episodes that are not even bad.

But some people HAVE seen Season 8 and still think the show is terrible. The people who had given up, I understand. But some Youtubers apparently have seen Season 8.

Tigerdude loves anything the Spongebob writers throw to him, at least ever since Season 8 began.

But some people HAVE seen Season 8 and still think the show is terrible. The people who had given up, I understand. But some Youtubers apparently have seen Season 8.

Have you spoken to tigerdude to know that? I don't know much about tigerdude personally, but he probably doesn't like every little thing about the newer episodes. Yeah there probably are people who have seen Season 8, but I think we should get other people's opinions from other sites besides Youtube if we can.

1) Have you personally read all of his reviews? No, so don't judge him by a few reviews, that is generalization.

2) The bad episodes? Or they could have had nostalgia goggles on? I swear, nostalgia gets the best of older people.