• Advertisement

After SpongeBob Ends, Would You Want A Spin-Off?

Ron

Spin-Off  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to see a spin-off?

• Absolutely, I would LOVE a spin-off.
    • Yes
    • Sort of
    • Meh. I'm indifferent.
    • Not really.
    • No.
    • Absolutely not, I would HATE a spin-off.

After SpongeBob ends, would you like to see it continued in the form of a spin-off? Maybe a Patrick show, or a series focusing on Sandy's experience as a scientist?

I'd love to see a spin-off, but not about any of the main characters. A departure from the entire series and focusing on an entirely new set of characters (like SpongeBob's distant cousin, I dunno). Thoughts?

Wow! You sure are in a thread-making mood today :P

If the show did end, I don't think there would be a spin-off and I'm not sure if I would want to see one to be quite honest. I could imagine a spin-off would only last for a few episodes and I don't know if it would taint the memory of the original series. But then again, if a good enough premise is created and some new writers (along with some on the show now) are involved, it could work...

At the moment, no because I think the show would feel naked without all the characters. That's one big thing I felt when I first watched Planet Sheen. I wouldn't mind a spin-off during the show however, but I know that won't happen. ;)

If they could come up with something interesting that's worth the time and resources, then yeah, I'd welcome the idea. Nick has an example of a good and bad animated spinoff, the bad obviously being Planet Sheen. I honestly thought All Grown Up! was good for it was, but I feel one of the big reasons for that is because it didn't just focus on one or a few of the core cast from the original, but all of them just as it was and it managed to freshen that dynamic up by simply having them live life as pre-teens, a big enough leap to let it stand on it's own yet keeping with the norm.

• Like 1

If they could come up with something interesting that's worth the time and resources, then yeah, I'd welcome the idea. Nick has an example of a good and bad animated spinoff, the bad obviously being Planet Sheen. I honestly thought All Grown Up! was good for it was, but I feel one of the big reasons for that is because it didn't just focus on one or a few of the core cast from the original, but all of them just as it was and it managed to freshen that dynamic up by simply having them live life as pre-teens, a big enough leap to let it stand on it's own yet keeping with the norm.

Wow, you said that perfectly. :P

I wonder if the same could be done for SpongeBob. I personally think it'd be a big enough leap if they simply changed the setting... like 'SpongeBob In New York' or something like that... it's a monumental jump, but it'd certainly be interesting.