• Advertisement

Badges

Ron

Yeah, it's a little weird not being able to see my post count. But I guess I can just check my profile if I really feel the need to know that.

I agree. Although those numbers are not quite accurate since I have about 3,500 posts and my profile says 3400, unless you count the ones before the transfer. But I'll look forward to how this will turn out, at least people deserve to know their rank and posts just saying.

You do in fact get to see your post count. As you familiarize yourselves with the ranks and see them more often around the forums, you will be able to distinguish which badges are at the bottom and top of the totem pole. Rather than have several images, your post count, etc. below your avatar, it can all be summed up in a single, clean image that represents your seniority on the forums. :)

You do in fact get to see your post count. As you familiarize yourselves with the ranks and see them more often around the forums, you will be able to distinguish which badges are at the bottom and top of the totem pole. Rather than have several images, your post count, etc. below your avatar, it can all be summed up in a single, clean image that represents your seniority on the forums. :)

Eh, not really what I was getting at. I like being able to see my exact post count. Another thing is that with what you're saying, there's no distinction between 10,000 and 20,000 posts. That doesn't give you a very good idea of how many posts you have.

But I can deal with it, like I said. I'll just have to go to my profile.

• Like 3

Eh, not really what I was getting at. I like being able to see my exact post count. Another thing is that with what you're saying, there's no distinction between 10,000 and 20,000 posts. That doesn't give you a very good idea of how many posts you have.

But I can deal with it, like I said. I'll just have to go to my profile.

These aren't the only Badges we're going to have. Several more will be added in, but because only a minority of people have 10,000+ posts, it's not at the top of our list. Several of them will also be getting upgrades within the next days so that they're just overall prettier end-products. This is all a part of the Orca Initiative, the goal of which is reestablishing SBC and reverting prior tendencies. Badges is all about that, bringing in the new and throwing out the old, even if it's different than... well, ever other forum out there. :P

I'd just like to file a little complaint. My profile says I have 2,000 post + and i'm still Duchman. Shouldn't this have changed to Squirrel now?

The post count that is in your profile and the post count that (was) in your posts are entirely different. The post count that was in your posts was the real post count - the one profile one is different.

Guest hilaryfan80

If you hover over your username, it will show you your Post Count. If you go to your profile, it'll show you your "Active Posts", which is any post you've ever made; this isn't your post count. Does that make sense at all? :lol:

Essentially:

Active Posts = you're OVERALL post count, including the posts you've made in places like The Industrial Park

Post Count = actual post count, not counting places like The Industrial Park (which are mostly spam posts)