• Advertisement

Orca Updates

Ron

Hello there! :) We are planning on releasing the completed version of Orca tomorrow, which will bring us out of beta stages and out into the first stable release of Orca. As with vBulletin, this thread will be used to continuously keep members of the Community updated about Orca. Bug fixes, advertising efforts, goals, design news and updates, and anything else in relation to Orca will be posted in here. We hope you'll enjoy Orca as much as we do! :D

Design

As of right now, the Orca design is incomplete. Tomorrow, several issues will be resolved and the design will (hopefully) be completed, or near completion!

Forums

As you can see, the forums are up and running. Everyone's passwords were transferred, which is a first. In every other move we've had, our passwords were changed. Not this time! :) The forums were also restructured today in a much cleaner and neat design. The bugs in IPB are almost nonexistent in comparison to vBulletin, where just after the first day, everyone had a headache.

Server

The server is performing incredibly well. We worked incredibly hard to make Orca as lightweight as possible, and it has paid off. Speeds are very quick, and everything is much smarter. Even the images are using the best technology around to provide the smoothest experience possible.

Advertising

Our advertising initiative will be beginning after we're out of beta mode. If you're interested in being a part of this great team, please shoot Clapmaster a PM right away requesting to be on the team. Being on the team comes with its upsides, not including greatly helping out SBC!

Overall Goals

By the end of this summer (or by the start of September 1st), our overall goal is to have a total of 200 active members. Yes, this may sound crazy to some people, but I think it's possible. Remember... #TheSpongeIsBack, #SpongebobSeason8.

Also, if anybody is interested in a very special job, please PM me! It involves Teams and intelligence. :)

• Like 1

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing the return of the Shoutbox if possible for those who are unable to access the XAT like our dearest Old Man Jenkins.

And on another note, I still need to figure out a name for this advertising team, but I am willing to start accepting members who are interested in helping me out. :)

Guest hilaryfan80

The shout box is a bit of an issue. I mean, I suppose if we had an off-site based shout box, it can be done, but if it's hosted by SBC itself, our host will throw a fit like the last time.

I'll look into other options for the shout box, and if I like an option, I will add it to the site. :)

So.... is this the finished version of Orca? It feels very similar to the first day version. :P Anyway, the place has been great so far.

lolno

We were too lazy to do anything today. However, what we'll be doing within the next few days is much more clear now. :) Once we finish the design, advertising will start, and feature launches will start! :D

The shout box is a bit of an issue. I mean, I suppose if we had an off-site based shout box, it can be done, but if it's hosted by SBC itself, our host will throw a fit like the last time.

I'll look into other options for the shout box, and if I like an option, I will add it to the site. :)

A small suggestion is something simple like Chatango.

Added some new digs..

1. You can now flag topics - this will make reporting easier for the mods.

2. A top 10 posters widget has been added. :)

3. Birthday is required in registration again (because you will get 100db if you are a GN/KK)

4. You can now rate people's topics 1-5 stars (you can find it at the top of each thread).

5. You can now customize your profiles like you could on vBulletin! Click "Edit my profile" and go to Profile Customization.

Full Features List

Orca 8.1

110exkw.jpg

Fixes

Completed Header

A new header will be arriving that will tie together the entire look of the forum.

Orca Banner and Icons

A completed Orca banner will be present, along with spiffy new forum icons.

Fixed Category Headers

The category headers will be altered to a more updated and sleek design.

Smoother Background

The background images will be updated slightly to a smoother pattern.

Features

Night Control

A special new feature that allows (and automatically based on the user's time) users to switch between sunrise, day, sunset, and night.

Badges

Making the forums look cleaner, everything under your avatar will be replaced with a representative medal that informs users of your rank. Discover the badges and take pride as you become a higher ranking member on the forum.

Teams

The much-hyped feature will soon make its debut on SBC.

Integrated Calendar

The Calendar will be further integrated into the forum.

Custom Emoticons

New emoticons will be installed on the forums, moving away from IPB's factory smileys.

Partnerships

Spongebobness

We may possibly be acquiring Spong3Holly's

Spongebobness as part of SBC very soon.

The Spongebob Wiki

The largest Sponge site of any kind will be soon be integrated into SBC and vice versa.

Spongebob Universe

Coming Soon.

110exkw.jpg

*NOTE: This release will be released in two portions. The fixes will be occur on one day, and the features will be done on a separate day. This is to ensure our focus on only certain areas at a time.

Partnerships

Spongebobness

We may possibly be acquiring Spong3Holly's

Spongebobness as part of SBC very soon.

The Spongebob Wiki

The largest Sponge site of any kind will be soon be integrated into SBC and vice versa.

I'm pretty sure we banned SpongeHolly from the SB Wiki once, so this has the makings of a very awkward reunion.