• Advertisement

Teen Titans Go!

Shark Tale

The original Teen Titans was a good show from what I watched, but I'll be the first to admit that it wasn't one I kept up with on the regular. Probably due to the fact that I was not heavily into Cartoon Network or the WB during the time frame of it's initial run. What I did watch I liked though. The characters were well rounded, the storylines had a good mix of action, drama, and comedy. But something was missing that made me take that next step to wanting to watch the entire series.

This on the other hand. Ugh. I've watched a few episodes of this and I hate it. It's not because it wasn't what I expected to be. I had zero expectations of this being good or even being remotely close to the original. But somehow this show keeps defying my expectations of not being good and just wondering why this exists. The teen titans are all irritating characters who have their extremities pushed to over the edge. The humor is ridiculously juvenile. I mean I watched an episode where it revolved around eleven minutes of having to go to the bathroom. Are you fucking kidding me? Every episode I've seen makes me wonder why this was remade/rebooted. Parody? I haven't seen the original or this enough to know if it is a parody or not, but even if this was in parody, that would require the creators of Go to watch the original and people I've talked to in the past whether it be on here or other forums have all told me that the the Go creators have not. Based off that logic, that makes these guys not even on Friedberg/Seltzer levels of not understanding how parody works. Now keep in mind that I don't even watch the CN that much to know every other animated show on the network,, but it would be damn near impossible for anything on the network CN or Adult Swim that would be much worse than this. This is just amazing levels of bad.

• Like 8

Like the others said above me, I don't hate the show for not being a continuation for the original Teen Titans show. If the show was called something like "Continuation of the Teen Titans" or "Teen Titans Part 2", then maybe I'd be complaining because it didn't follow continuity at all. But it's not. It's supposed to be a parody of Teen Titans. A parody that's pretty much all comedy instead of action and comedy. And it pretty much fails at being a comedy as well. Saying "waffles" over and over again isn't funny. Redubbing a scene over the original series to make it sound stupid isn't funny. Hyping an episode with a returning villain only to have him not return (from what I've heard) isn't funny. Just really stupid. And speaking of that scene, I bet they're doing stuff like that because they assume that all of the haters are Teen Titans nostalgiacs. Don't believe me? Here's an easter egg in an episode of the show. And because of stuff like this, they're gonna take more shots at the "nostalgic haters" and make more stupid episodes. I will admit that there are some good apples on this bad apple tree. I personally liked the episodes Driver's Ed, Be Mine, and La Larva de Amor, but the show is so inconsistent that it's hard to find a great episode of this show. I can't even bother to watch the new episodes because if I do, I'm afraid I'll give TTG more ratings and they'll renew it for another season. I also don't want to set myself up for another disappointing episode. Teen Titans Go may not be a continuation of the original, but it should at least be as funny as the original.

• Like 8

This show is mediocre. Enough said. I did watch some more episodes a few months ago. They weren't necessarily horrible but not really good either. I do like it when they try to put meta humor on the show though and I hated it much more when I first saw it BTW.

As pretty much every one said before me, this show is bad. Like unfunny bad.I watch don't this show regularly, I'll occasionally see an episode when someone leaves the tv on CN, and when I do, man I usually hate it. Sure, some episodes are decent and somewhat interesting, but those are far and few in between. The "good" episodes the show has are no where near good enough to outweigh the bad episodes. I get it, it's supposed to be a kids show, but it's just plain stupid and annoying. There was this one episode where robin was saying something like you should respect money and that you can make your own currency only if all countries agree on them, they BB made a currency of bees (why?) and everybody but robin was in favor of it and they responded saying I thought you said respect money. Like, no, they just completely ignored they the point they were trying to make and the bit didn't even make sense. Don't get me started on the George Washington one, that one was pretty much propaganda.  I mean it's not like they have any incentive to change, unfortunately they're getting views.

I recently remembered that this show was actually based on the DC Nation shorts, "The New Teen Titans", and because those were so popular is the reason this show got made.

I actually really enjoyed those shorts that aired. The animation was a lot nicer  (closer to the show), the characters were more like themselves; and though it focused more on comedy, it wasn't juvenile or unlikable like it is here. I remember one short where Slade did appear (I think it was the "Mayhem at First Sight one) and he actually was funny.

• Like 2

I recently remembered that this show was actually based on the DC Nation shorts, "The New Teen Titans", and because those were so popular is the reason this show got made.

I actually really enjoyed those shorts that aired. The animation was a lot nicer  (closer to the show), the characters were more like themselves; and though it focused more on comedy, it wasn't juvenile or unlikable like it is here. I remember one short where Slade did appear (I think it was the "Mayhem at First Sight one) and he actually was funny.

oh i remember those shorts, those were good. They should've made those into "Teen Titans Go" 

The original Teen Titans was a good show from what I watched, but I'll be the first to admit that it wasn't one I kept up with on the regular. Probably due to the fact that I was not heavily into Cartoon Network or the WB during the time frame of it's initial run. What I did watch I liked though. The characters were well rounded, the storylines had a good mix of action, drama, and comedy. But something was missing that made me take that next step to wanting to watch the entire series.

This on the other hand. Ugh. I've watched a few episodes of this and I hate it. It's not because it wasn't what I expected to be. I had zero expectations of this being good or even being remotely close to the original. But somehow this show keeps defying my expectations of not being good and just wondering why this exists. The teen titans are all irritating characters who have their extremities pushed to over the edge. The humor is ridiculously juvenile. I mean I watched an episode where it revolved around eleven minutes of having to go to the bathroom. Are you fucking kidding me? Every episode I've seen makes me wonder why this was remade/rebooted. Parody? I haven't seen the original or this enough to know if it is a parody or not, but even if this was in parody, that would require the creators of Go to watch the original and people I've talked to in the past whether it be on here or other forums have all told me that the the Go creators have not. Based off that logic, that makes these guys not even on Friedberg/Seltzer levels of not understanding how parody works. Now keep in mind that I don't even watch the CN that much to know every other animated show on the network,, but it would be damn near impossible for anything on the network CN or Adult Swim that would be much worse than this. This is just amazing levels of bad.

I'm sorry but I have to add onto this rant after unfortunately watching The Return of Slade out of curiosity's sake since even I knew about Slade existing in the original TT universe. There is no way in hell that the creators of this have not seen the original now if they knew all of that. But that episode was an absolute "fuck you" to the original fan base if I ever saw it by taking such a major villain and not even have him in this episode at all turning this episode into a clown (pun intended). Like I don't think I've ever seen a reboot/remake give a bigger slap to the face to it's audience. If I did, I would be hard pressed to find one. Not even factoring in this ratings trap, this episode is TTG usual levels of irritation with unfunny humor, terrible characters, and poor writing. Wow, Teen Titans Go. Just wow. Not only is the worst show on CN, but I'll be hard pressed to find a show worse than this for my 2015 Worst List. How did I go this long without watching this irritating mess is beyond me.
  • Like 4

The Return of Slade was just a huge middle finger to audidence and don't even tell me about the clown plot. I'm so tired of this show is going meta. I know I said the show isn't as horrible as everyone says but with episodes like this, my opinions changed. All this show wants to do is breaking forth walls and making immature jokes. We get it, nostalgic TT fans hates this show because it wasn't what they expected. I don't want this show to be like original Teen Titans, that show is dead and it will always be a great show no matter how I age. And no, I don't want this show to be serious like Steven Universe. I just want it to be funny and not immatute and insulting at once. The show can be funny If try harder like Be Mine, Campfire Stories and Nean; just stop with this meta-humor non-sense.

It's offical, the evil clown in the episode is the show itself.

• Like 1

I'm with Mr. Enter on this show. It's horrible and it's nothing like the original.

I don't want it to be like original. Look at Let Get Serious for goodness sake but then again, Let Get Serious doesn't even know how the show worked in the first place. If this show wants to be a comedy, then be a comedy show, not be a dumb show.

The one thing that I can say in defense of the show in response to Clappy's rants is that Teen Titans Go! is not in any form a remake or a reboot of the original show. It's a spin-off.

That's about it, sadly. You don't need to compare this show to the original on any level to argue that it's terrible. It being a spin-off is no excuse for the bad writing, unlikable characters (seriously, the "so terrible, they're funny" schtick does not work with them because of how predictable and repetitive their antics are), and of course, lame humor.

• Like 2

Bletch. This show that is clearly made for kids is too childish and has barely anything resembling to something it never even was trying to be. Therefore, I absolutely fucking despise it.

Ohai there straw man's argument 

• Like 1

Am I the only one that feels opinions are being forced whenever CN does the "Teen Titans Go!, your new favorite show"? I mean it's fine if you wanna promote your content, however that's pushing things. You don't see Nick doing "Spongebob Squarepants, your new favorite show", that's for sure.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that feels opinions are being forced whenever CN does the "Teen Titans Go!, your new favorite show"? I mean it's fine if you wanna promote your content, however that's pushing things. You don't see Nick doing "Spongebob Squarepants, your new favorite show", that's for sure.

My friend, that is milking the cash out of the show. Merchandising TTG is fine but pronoting as "your new fav show"?Are you fucking kidding with me, CN? And I'm not saying that because the show sucks. If they promoted Steven Universe as that too, I'd facepalm as well.

• Like 1

My friend, that is milking the cash out of the show. Merchandising TTG is fine but pronoting as "your new fav show"?Are you fucking kidding with me, CN? And I'm not saying that because the show sucks. If they promoted Steven Universe as thst too, I'd facepalm as well.

What boggles me even more is that they only do the "you new favorite show" with TTG and nothing else. If they did the "your new favorite show" to the whole CN line-up, I would probably be mixed on it since it could either be forcing opinions or become CN's new catchphrase, but it's not T_T. Is it meant to flip the bird at the haters? I mean what? It makes me wonder how long it will be before the "your new favorite show" gets dropped, it'd be for the better.

• Like 1