• Advertisement

Teen Titans Go!

Shark Tale

I need to bump because this show is a disgrace to the original Teen Titans.

They ruined all of the characters by either making them dumb (Cyborg and Beast Boy), very obsessive (Robin) or a fan of ponies for some stupid reason (Raven). Not to mention of how this show is very stupid, which I guess the people of the show said what this show is, which is not the attitude you should go with of your own creation.

It's just a whole huge mess, and now it's Cartoon Network's cash cow. How nice.

• Like 1

If people complain about this not being as good as the original series and wish they never made it, I reserve the right to go "nananana I was right", because I think everyone is going to have ridiculous expectations (especially if they watch Young Justice or the original TT) and they more than likely won't be met and they'll complain about how bad it is. Just wait, I'm gonna be right.

Termi confirmed for Nostradamus 

• Like 1

It's not as horrible as everyone says and I liked a few episodes like "Be Mine" but the show is very stupid in a bad way (for crying out  loud, there's even an episode when the titans say stupidity is a good thing and being smart is a bad thing) and even though It doesn't bother me much as other people, the show is insulting to original series. I don't mind shows poking fun at each other but the way Teen Titans Go does kinda bugs me.

Speaking as a huge fan of the original series, I like it from what I've seen. It's sorta like a parody of the original series to me. It's amusing to me to see how juvenile and low these characters (knowing what they were in the original) can go.

• Like 1

So, apparently there will be an episode with Slade on July 28th.

I can already tell how most people are feeling.

If they continue the the story of the awful series finale of Teen Titans, then It's fine to me cuz that series finale was garbage.

I'll admit I used to watch this show, but I stopped after a while cuz it kept making me sad. As a huge fan of the original TT show, it kept upsetting me about what they did to such a great cast of characters.

In the original, Cyborg's biggest fear was losing the rest of his humanity, and then I saw an episode where he transferred his brain into the tower computer and afterwards turned his friends into household appliance. The vegetarian Beast Boy eats meat in this series; and Robin the badass leader is always complaining that he doesn't have superpowers and is disrespected by his team for it and is also now comically stupid.

If those things don't upset a devoted Teen Titans fan, I don't know what.

If you're comparing Go! to the original then you're judging the show on the incorrect merits. Like OMJ said earlier in this topic, it's more like a parody of the original show than anything. The characters are exaggerated because that's the point of the show.

Now if you have a problem with the juvenile and repetitive humor, that's another story.

• Like 6

I like this show more than the original. I actually find it very funny. The original bored me. Yes, I'm serious. I can understand the hate for it and respect you guys' opinions, but I like this show more than the original. And if you don't like my opinion, you can bite me.

Watching it for the first time back not long after it premiered, I actually kind of liked it and saw it as something alright to watch when there was nothing else on. Watching it as it went on, however, in addition to watching many, and I mean many reruns, it lost its appeal on me. At the moment, I agree with the popular opinion that it's the worst show regularly airing on Cartoon Network. And just like with Nuggets, my beef with it is not that it's nothing like the original show, it's that too much of the comedy is dreadfully childish and unfunny.

• Like 2

If you're comparing Go! to the original then you're judging the show on the incorrect merits. Like OMJ said earlier in this topic, it's more like a parody of the original show than anything. The characters are exaggerated because that's the point of the show.

Now if you have a problem with the juvenile and repetitive humor, that's another story.

I think the biggest problem is that people just didn't get what they wanted. Fans begged for years for a Teen Titans return, and they finally gave in and even brought back the original cast. But instead of giving fans the real thing or something close...they presented this garbage.

• Like 1

I think the biggest problem is that people just didn't get what they wanted. Fans begged for years for a Teen Titans return, and they finally gave in and even brought back the original cast. But instead of giving fans the real thing or something close...they presented this garbage.

Right, and that makes sense. But I feel like at the start people were less mad that TTG wasn't good, and more mad at the fact that it wasn't what they wanted.
  • Like 1

It's not that I hate this show (considering I have never watched an original TT) I like some of the more well rounded episodes where only one of the characters whose attitude was ruining the show I like most of the Holiday Episodes (except for second Christmas one) All the Little Buddies ones, The Driving One, and that's pretty much it

I'm fine with it being a parody but eps like Salty Codgers are just... ugh, and not to mention ones that just decide to give an imaginary middle finger to the audience, whether fan of the original or not, especially in the leaked Slade one...ugh I don't even want to get into the problems with that one, like this show just doesn't know what to do anymore, and it's 1/3rd decent, 1/3rd passable, and 1/3rd screw everything. At least how I feel about it.

• Like 3