• Advertisement

Survivor (series)

Clappy

New season cast info.  Spoilers below:

Spoiler

Rumor has it that this is suppose to be one of the best seasons as Probst has been very vocal about how much he enjoyed S30 as they went the same route they did with Cagayan, which excites me.

So two episodes in and this season is already so much better than the last one.  The contestants feel like they are actually here to play the game and the challenges are a lot better too....especially the one from the first episode.  That was excellent.

My early pick(s) to win are Joe and Max.

Anyone watching this season? This has been a pretty fun one. Not sure if I consider this to be one of the great seasons yet, but it's definitely been more exciting than last season.

Personally loved this season. I'm a regular on the Survivor Reddit, and the consensus over there is that S30 was a mediocre, kinda run-of-the-mill installment, which I disagree with. I personally think it got a bad rap because of the Shirin/Will dispute, as well as the fact that prior to the season, there appeared to be no duds in the cast. Ultimately, each person (in my opinion) turned out to be different than what I had initially anticipated. For example, Shirin turned out to be WAYYY different than I had predicted. Dan was completely different. Max was completely different, Will was completely different (especially after his bubbly persona in the first ep). On the other hand, I got the douchebag impression from Rodney, the weakling impression from Nina, the power player impression from Carolyn, etc.

The boot order was also surprising to me as well (up until the Pagonging of the No Collar alliance). I would've never thought So would be first out, and that's why I was so pumped for the rest of the season after the first episode. Literally everyone seemed like they were playing the game (except Nina). There were so many funny and memorable moments in this season that, in comparison to bland seasons like San Juan Del Sur, Worlds Apart can't be labeled as "mediocre" or "average" because its cast was anything but that. There were so many big characters this season, it was insane. It truly was the "Dirty 30" as they've been nicknamed, and I think that fits it perfectly. 

This isn't a Top 5 season for me by any means, but I would absolutely put it in my Top 10. I'm watching Panama right now, and it kills it by miles (including several other old school seasons as well). 

• Like 1

Shirin getting trounced <3 Hypocrites gonna be hypocritical. Love that Woo got the final word in on her doom before the TC.

So who will get further? Nerdy Stephen or douchebag alpha Savage? Anyone catch that lame story of his?

Wiglesworth is very likeable and I didn't even see her original season.

He'd be the best winner this season can give us

I was legit surprised to see Varner go, but that tribal council is why I love the new seasons so much.  People are actually fighting to stay in this game.  Seeing Woo get straight up strategic instead of being honorable by pointing out Varner's flaws has me rooting for Woo.