• Advertisement

Survivor (series)

Clappy

1 hour ago, Hayden said:

This is what happens when you have a full year to edit the content

Is that really why tho. edit contributes a hell of a lot, but there has to be stuff to work with in the first place, and the characters this season have performed wonderfully in that department. 

I honestly feel like any of the final four can win it this year.  First year in awhile I can say that in what feels like forever...possibly ever.  

Aubry is still my personal choice as the contestant with the strongest resume of the bunch.  She has been the mastermind behind so many of the big moves this season and never really stepped on anyone's toes in the process.  

Cyndey could make the claim that she was just as influential behind said moves too and her jumping ship from the Brawn alliance helped pave the way for Aubry to make these moves.

Michele has been playing a rather quiet game, but I honestly couldn't tell you any personal moves she made outside of voting out Julia; which wasn't really her decision to make because she just went with the majority.  So while I don't think she has as strong of a resume, she really is one of those under the radar choices that could win as we've seen in previous seasons.

Then there's Tai.  He sure as hell as been getting a shit ton of screen time hasn't he?  You could say he's been given a winner's edit that so many others before him have received.  I honestly don't see how he could possibly win though since he has betrayed every single alliance he has ever been and stepped on a lot of toes in the process.  Maybe he can convince the jury otherwise if brought to the end, but I can't picture how Tai could do that when he talks about why he did what he did at previous tribals, he gets under people's skins as seen in the previous few episodes.

The way I ranked said four are the order in which I think who has the strongest chance to win this season.

3 hours ago, Clappy said:

I honestly feel like any of the final four can win it this year.  First year in awhile I can say that in what feels like forever...possibly ever.  

I feel like anyone in the final four of Cagayan could've taken it. I don't think anyone could've won against Tony (I guess Spencer would've had a good shot?), but any combination of Spencer/Woo/Kass would've been pretty close.

As for this final four... I really don't know what Tai could say to get him any votes. He's almost certainly in the final two, but I think he's all but lost at this point. If he hadn't flipped on Scot/Jason/Julia he would've had this in the bag. I think his only shot at winning this would be successfully (and secretly) flip Michele, either he or Michele need to win immunity, whoever wins immunity needs to convince Aubry and Cydney to vote for the one who didn't win, deadlock the final 4 so both him and Michele are safe and either Cydney or Aubry get sent home via rock draw, win final immunity, cut whoever didn't leave at the previous tribal so he can sit next to Michele at the final tribal, and then not suck at talking in front of the jury. All of which are long shots, and wouldn't even guarantee him anything because he'd be flipping on his alliance again. He really should've saved his extra vote and played the idol on Jason. It would've sent either Joe or Michele home, Jason would've wanted to work with him again (meaning come the following tribal he would've had 3 votes), they'd be able to at least attempt to flip Cyndey, and it would've put him back in good graces with Scot and Julia. It's more likely he would've been cut at 5 if he plays his idol at 6 (because the risk is if Cydney doesn't flip and it goes to a 3-3 draw, then Tai and Jason are still in the minority and one of them is sent home), but if he was able to finagle his way into the finals he definitely could've pulled off a win.

Regarding his edit, I think it's definitely more of a downfall edit rather than a winner's edit. They built him up to be this huge social giant pre-merge with everyone loving him and making it almost too obvious that he'd win practically unanimously if he made it to the end, and then the merge hit and, much like him, his edit flipped and started showing his positives as negatives (his emotions cloud his judgment, he's too trusting, he gets manipulated too easily, etc).

I think this is really close for the girls though. I'm personally rooting for Cydney, but I'd really be happy with any of them. They've played super well.

It's really crazy just how a single vote can be a million dollar swing vote, congrats Michelle.  But I would not have given the million to her, personally.

Edited by Aya♥

Aubry only got votes from her Brain allies.

Annoying how that was a sweep though.

Glad Tai got 100 grand and tied with Aubry for money at least.

Also I win my bet with Clappy.

• Like 1

While I think Cydney deserved the win based on gameplay alone, Michelle definitely played an underrated game. She's the archetype of a hero on Survivor and remaining loyal and constructing solid relationships is very under-appreciated (i.e. Nathalie White). Did Michelle ever actually betray anyone aside from Julia? I can't remember. Either way, she's definitely a respectable winner and someone I'd like to see back for an all-winners season. 

4 hours ago, tvguy said:

While I think Cydney deserved the win based on gameplay alone, Michelle definitely played an underrated game. She's the archetype of a hero on Survivor and remaining loyal and constructing solid relationships is very under-appreciated (i.e. Nathalie White). Did Michelle ever actually betray anyone aside from Julia? I can't remember. Either way, she's definitely a respectable winner and someone I'd like to see back for an all-winners season. 

Nick is the only other person she could've betrayed, but I can't remember if they were even together or not.

18 hours ago, Hayden said:

Also I win my bet with Clappy.

Congrats.  You won a bet that I didn't even know I made because last time I checked, you picked four or five other people to win through out this season.  I didn't bet anything with you about this lmao.

3 minutes ago, Clappy said:

Congrats.  You won a bet that I didn't even know I made because last time I checked, you picked four or five other people to win through out this season.  I didn't bet anything with you about this lmao.

• Like 1

Right, so this is back now.

I'm shocked by how boring basically all of Gen X is. I can't tell if they're just choosing not to show any content or if they're actually all non-entities.

Also shocked by how much I hate Taylor, considering how much Probst gushed about him pre-season. He consistently listed him as a "player to watch out for", and said we'd be laughing with him rather than at him, but so far he's just... I don't even know. He's definitely not Fabio, because Fabio was never that stupid, and Fabio had plenty of social connections throughout the tribe. Taylor's just kinda horrible.

Not sure how I feel about this season so far.  On one hand, the tribals have all been entertaining, although the last two it was very easy to figure out who was going home based off the edits.  Then we have the two tribes.  I've been enjoying the Millenial tribe far more because they are actually interesting.  Termi is absolutely right about Gen X.  The only thing I seem to notice about them is who is in charge. Is there really nothing else interesting about them?  Even with how much I've liked the last few tribals of theirs, they are just not interesting contestants.

Hopefully the tribe swap freshens things up a bit as it usually does.

I think my favorite part about this season is having no idea who's winning this thing. It feels like half the remaining cast could take it. Adam/Jay/Michaela have all gotten good emotional content, Chris is playing a technically great game, Ken's edit is basically perfect, David's getting everything, we've been getting consistent content from Zeke even though he's rarely relevant, and depending on where Taylor goes from here on out this last tribal could've been the wake-up call he needed to actually start playing.

My money's on Jay, but who knows.

This week's episode just turned a very good season into an all time great one.  Granted all of this can easily go downhill from here, which I seriously hope it doesn't.  Definitely one of the best ones at the rate this is going.  I still have no idea who's going to win based off these edits.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2016 at 10:03 PM, Aya♥ said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Jess never had a chance anyway, though. She's been on borrowed time since before the swap (it would've been episode 4, right? I don't totally remember, I think it was either 4 or 5 where she would've been eliminated). David made, probably, one of the best moves of the season and there was no way she'd be able to justify her case at FTC if she had made it there. She could've been the strategic mastermind for the entire rest of the game, it'd still all boil down to "well, yeah, but you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for David". She also mentioned in her exit interview how no one respected anyone that flipped (citing that Zeke was targeted for flipping on Chris, and Zeke targeted Hannah for flipping on him) and if she flipped to Zeke's side then she would've bought herself, like, two more tribals and she would've burned her bridges with Ken, David, and Adam (combined with the vote she already wasn't getting from Chris [and also Hannah, in this scenario], that'd be 5 of 10 votes she'd be guaranteed not to get, meaning at best she'd end up in a tie). I'm guessing if she flips then what happens is Zeke works with his initial alliance of Bret/Sunday/Jay/Will, brings in Jess, and splits the votes to take out David. Zeke dumps Jess, runs the table, and heads into the FTC with Bret and Sunday - resulting in a (unanimous, or close to it) Zeke win. Without Jess giving Zeke that additional number, he still has to navigate a tribal or two before he's totally in the clear and in a solid majority.

But, I mean, this is all conjecture. Who knows what could've happened.