• Advertisement

047b. Can You Spare A Dime?

person

What are your opinions on this episode? I thought it was a true gem that remained fresh the whole 12 minutes. I would want it to be a classic as I would consider it one, but unfortunately I don't think it is one because I am pretty sure it is underrated. I thought it was very funny when Spongebob did the puppet show trying to send a message out to Squidward, and I liked the buffet in bed. But my most favorite part of all was when Spongebob strangled and choked Mr Krabs and shaked the "dime" out of his pocket. I absolutely LOVED how it ended the exact same way as it started. Indeed an enjoyable and memorable episode. I could watch it a million times and never get sick of it. Enough about my opinion. What do you guys think about this old season 3 episode? Opinions please. DISCUSS.

I think it's an okay episode.

It was a nice change of pace to see Squidward being the irritating one and SpongeBob being the one on the edge of losing his patience.

I also liked the ways SpongeBob was trying to give Squidward the hint to go look for work, and SpongeBob and Squidward being like "brothers...only closer"

And the "So much later that the old narrator got tired of waiting and they had to hire a new one"

I don't know why, but I love the part when Squidward squeezes Mr. Krabs' eyeballs. It's like... I can't explain it, I just like it. :/

Also, "Here's some alphabet soup! I made it special."

"GET A JOB"

Pretty good episode.

It's a good episode, but it's one of the weakest ones in Season 3.

7.5/10

I just can't believe you would say anything like that. it was easily the best or second best on season 3. the best of season 3 was either this one or as seen on tv.

People are allowed to have an opinions Person ;) .

i know, and i am allowed to have opinions too. i didn't say i don't respect his opinion. all i was saying was that i strongly disagree with his opinion. in the strongest way possible.

Just like It's partner (As Seen on TV), It's another overrated season 3 episode but It's still a great episode and I think It's better than It's partner. I don't think It's perfect because I really hated Mr. Krabs in this episode because he thinks Squidward stole his first dime and at the end of this episode he still thinks Squidward stole his dime and he later thinks placed the dime in his pocket. Also some parts were boring in my opinion. I laughed at some parts in this episode like Squidward saying nobody wanted his paintings and then he saying he ate his paintings, "So much later that the old narrator got tired of waiting, and they had to hire a new one." time card, the puppet show scene and the ending. 8.5/10

One of the biggest things I love about this episode is how it explores what is arguably the show's most interesting character relationship. It reverses SpongeBob's and Squidward's roles, having the latter annoy the former to the brink of insanity. It also gives us some insight into why Squidward continues to work at the Krusty Krab for next to nothing with someone he despises. Frankly, he doesn't have a choice. His lack of talent and work ethic makes finding a different job impossible. While Mr. Krabs doesn't care about what he does at the register as long as there's money in it, any other employer would have him fired on the first day, hence the living-in-a-box and eating-his-own-paintings situation Squidward finds himself in.

Though this episode had a lot of philosophy to it, that didn't stop the jokes from coming at a rapid-fire pace. SpongeBob's "football playing king in space" comment and the above-quoted title card in particular come to mind here. Overall, this was a great episode that had everything that made Season 3 Season 3.