• Advertisement

136a. A Day Without Tears

Sabre

Well i will paste my review from Earlier (7 New eps online thread)

A Day without Tears:

* Spongebob, you do know you are being a huge cry baby right?

* And yeah i agree with you guys that this episode seemed like a remake of Funny Pants.

* Of course, cry over a rotten pattie..

* Now Squidward and Spongebob make a bet eh? That's kind of new, they didn't make bets before.

* I think my brain melted from all the crying.

* lol at those news reports. Though i wish they would use Johnny ( That fish head that reported news) again.

* Anyways, it looks like Spongebob is winning squidward, you better pull out the big guns..

* And spongebob wins! Noo! *Gets flooded my spongebobs tears*

* Aww, it's ok squidward, there is always next time. Anyways, this episode was a little better then i expected, but not by much.

Grade : B

This is the kind of episode that proves that Spongebob is going downhill. This episode is my least favorite out of all SB episodes. It annoyed me (don't hate me) and couldn't bare to watch what the crew did.

Finale Score: F

• Like 2

I find this episode to be derserving to be pulled off airwaves worldwide (along with Summer Job, although I have no problems with that episode) because IT IS INDIRECTLY OFFENSIVE TO THE AUTISTIC LIKE ME. I have crying fits like this from time to time, but this is an huge overexaggeration. The first time I saw, my brothers were with me, and one of them says to me, "Hey, that's just like you!" NERD! Sentimental Sponge has a similar problem, but it is nowhere as severe as this piece of poop (no, not like "People Order Our Patties")! And isn't this episode's message contradictory of Stuck in the Wringer (which that same brother hated)? I may sound like I'm ranting, but I feel this is serious. While what I cry at makes sense, while what SpongeBob cries at is so stupid. And this scene is akin to what I dreaded and heard and did as a kid:

Squidward: SpongeBob, will you stop crying?!

SpongeBob: The Krabby Patty fell on the floor and—

Squidward: Krabby Patty nothing! [spongeBob tries to speak, but Squidward interrupts again] Krabby Patty nothing!!! [spongeBob tries to speak again, but Squidward interrupts him very loudly] KRABBY PATTY NOTHING!!! [he pants, then SpongeBob whimpers with tears] What now?

SpongeBob: [stifled] You yelled at me! [sobs loudly, continuing to soak Squidward with tears]

Squidward is a massive jerk in this episode, with that scene being a prime example. Same with THIS:

Squidward: It's a quick montage of flashbacks I've edited together that shows the hundreds of tears you have cried over the years.

[the video begins to play, showing SpongeBob crying in the Krusty Krab, in a library, at Mrs. Puff's Boating School, in Jellyfish Fields, in the bathroom, and more like near a bus stop for no reason, as I said]

SpongeBob: [in the video] Boo! Hoo! Boohoo! Sob. Whimper.

Isn't he wearing the same hat EVERYWHERE? Obviously, he made this on video editing software, although I DOUBT he has a computer. And Squidward gets almost gets SB to cry OVER THE STUPIDEST OF THINGS! AND IT'S ALL WEAK! For more info, click the link below.

I do not believe this abomination is enough to stop me from being a fan of SpongeBob, and contributed 0% to it, and nothing has.

To the people who often cry or have regular crying fits, I apologize to you and I hope the writers of SpongeBob and the people at Nickelodeon will, too.

As for YOU, Nickelodeon and SBSP writers, I expect an apology to EVERYONE you've offended, and I also expect you pull this episode, Summer Job, and Nick Studio 10 worldwide. I hope you take some time to THINK about this. You really should. Same for you, fellow readers.

All transcript quotes come from The SpongeBob SquarePants Wiki on Wikia.

Sincerely, Brainulator9, who is not a ranter

• God Himself 2

While what I cry at makes sense, while what SpongeBob cries at is so stupid.

See, and this is where I feel the distinction must be made. The episode wasn't meant to mock people who have crying fits; it was meant to mock SpongeBob's crying over the stupidest things.

(Also, you can't be "racist" towards autism.)

• Like 2

I hate this episode a lot. SpongeBob is a real crybaby, and I know SpongeBob has had crying fits over the show's life span. SpongeBob 's usual crying fits aren't usually terrible and I can tolderate it. This one crossed the line. He cries about ttearing his favorite shirt, even though all of them are the exact same one? God... when I stub my toe I just yell a little and just go with the flow. The ending was something SpongeBob DID NOT deserve at all. Poor Squiddy, you have my sympathy.

• Like 2

I hate this episode a lot. SpongeBob is a real crybaby, and I know SpongeBob has had crying fits over the show's life span. SpongeBob 's usual crying fits aren't usually terrible and I can tolderate it. This one crossed the line. He cries about ttearing his favorite shirt, even though all of them are the exact same one? God... when I stub my toe I just yell a little and just go with the flow. The ending was something SpongeBob DID NOT deserve at all. Poor Squiddy, you have my sympathy.

thats_the_joke.jpg

• Like 1

I don't think I ever actually gave my opinion on this one. Despite the stupid premise (take SpongeBob's worst trait and make it into an episode? OH BOY) I think it worked. Some parts were funny, and when it got past SpongeBob crying over everything, the episode progressed nicely. Not perfect, but not terrible either. I'd give it a B.

Z------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ WORTHY!

• Like 1

Z------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ WORTHY!

I've seen far worse from its partner, let alone the rest of the season.

I know many people hates this episode but to be honest, I actually liked this episode. I know SpongeBob cries too much in this episode but It was less annoying than All That Glitters and Funny Pants. I don't think It's a great episode because SpongeBob crying was a little annoying at the begining and some parts were boring. I liked this episode because there were some hilarious parts in this episode like Squidward saying "So far today, and it's not even 2: 00 yet, you have cried 43 times.", SpongeBob saying "And you wrote that number on a chalkboard.", then Squidward saying "Yes", then SpongeBob saying "why?" and then Squidward saying "I have no idea", the parts with Bikini Bottom Choir, Patrick taking SpongeBob's TV after SpongeBob threw the TV out of his window and Squidward crying at the end. I can understand why people hate this episode and I don't recommend this episode too but I thought It was a decent episode. 7.5/10

I actually like this episode. Yeah, SpongeBob is a crybaby but it's part of his character and people make too much of a big deal out of it. At least in this episode, SpongeBob tried to overcome it when he was pointed out to him. The attempts of Squidward trying to make him cry were also pretty funny. I also liked seeing SpongeBob winning the bet and Squidward having to sleepover at SpongeBob's house as a result.