• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2018!

Wumbo

15. "Thank you for the introduction, Quickster, but we all know who I am!"

Image result for mermaid man and barnacle boy v

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V, 167 points

(10 of 32 lists. 1 #1 vote - BeachBob)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Mermaid_Man_and_Barnacle_Boy_V

almy: this has been one of my childhood favorites for a long time and it still sticks with me today. it's quite a ride from start to finish.

Wumbo: Through the series, even through the worst seasons, it is remarkable to see how well so many of the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episodes hold up. There are exceptions, of course, but Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are just fundamentally great characters that bring a different energy to the cast and always (well, most of the time) have an interesting plot to share. The fifth one has always stood out as far and away the best of the bunch, accept no substitutes. It puts our favourite characters directly in the role of superhero, all with different powers to boast. It also hosts the best story, kind of completing a character arc with Barnacle Boy by reconciling him with Mermaid Man. The ending is super sweet, an all-time favourite of mine. And as usual with a superhero outing in this show, the comedy is top-notch. All the superhero and supervillain antics of Bikini Bottom are brought to their full comedic potential, with both Dirty Bubble and Man Ray appearing, as well as great new characters and setpieces like the chief and Makeout Reef (good times). This episode is peppered with fun and excitement and has the most compelling story of the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy collection. This is an easy Top 10 pick for me, one of the best of its season.

• Like 4
  • Happy 1
  • Thanks 1
  • God Himself 1

MMBB V was this close to making my list but unfortunately it didn't make it. But the episode stays as one of my favorites ever. It's such a great celebration of superheroes as a whole and tbh I would like to make a small comic about International Justice League of Super Acquaintances. It's my favorite of all MM BB episodes because it's the most hilarious and the most energetic one yet. Great popculture refeences, some innuendo ones like "Make Out Reef" and a godly superhero showdown that went south. Not the mention, it's kind of sweet deveopment of Mermaid Man finally accepting that his sidekick grew up to be a man. This episode is one big smile on my face. 

• Like 1

MM&BB V is definitely the best Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episode. Not only is it funny, there's also the character dynamic that forms when Barnacle Boy turns evil and goes to "the dark side" (which is just the part of the Krusty Krab without lighting; that's one highlight joke of the episode) and the ending's pretty good also. While this episode didn't make my list as far as I remember, it's a definite recommendation as one of Season 3's top episodes.

MM/BB V was #17 on my list, and is the best MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy episode. It is very hilarious the whole way through, and it is so cool and unique to watch BarnacleBoy actually become a supervillain. I loved watching all the characters come together with their special abilities to try and fight the dark side as well! Just like Plankton's Army, if this actually was MM & BB's last appearance, it would've been a very fitting and fantatsic ending to their saga. Everything about this episode is just plain awesome and it deserves its spot in the Top 15! 

Edited by SpongeNicko

I prefer III but this one definitely has more than it's fair share of great moments. From BB going from justified pissed off sidekick to petty criminal to superpal and jokes like The Chief, Makeout Reef in general, hey man that's not cool, krabs only lighting half the store, the suits giving the powers (Mermaid Man begins a real continuity destroyer) and them all sucking ass as heroes, this episode stands out a lot and while I don't think I'll ever have it top 15, it making the list is justified and it has been in my top 50 before even though I'm unsure where I'd rank it now.

14. "Oh, don't tell me, Jethro. The pioneers?"

Image result for pizza delivery spongebob

Pizza Delivery, 167 points

(13 of 32 lists. Highest Ranking: #5, CDCB/Patty Sponge)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Pizza_Delivery

homie: Pizza Delivery sits in the untouchable pantheon of beloved episodes for a damn good reason: it just is that good. The so-to-speak friendship between Squidward and SpongeBob is explored here in a way quite uncommon for the earlier seasons of the show, and Pizza Delivery hits the nail right on the head by juxtaposing SpongeBob's love for his work and devotion to the Krusty Krab against Squidward's indifference towards practically everything, which culminates in the duo attempting to deliver a pizza in the middle of nowhere. This episode is littered with great individual moments like SpongeBob singing about the Krusty Krab pizza, but the peak of it for me will always be Squidward slamming the pizza into the customer's face after he makes SpongeBob cry. Little moments like that which show that Squidward to some degree does care about SpongeBob (or anyone else other than himself) are all too uncommon and something I cherish even in small doses, and here is no exception. Even the reveal at the end is funny and works with the overall tone of the episode. 

jjs: Pizza Delivery was once my #1 favorite episode of the series, and while it it isn't anymore (it is now my #10), it is still an episode I hold in high regard and as a great pre-movie classic. The concept is simple enough, but it manages to bounce very well with its adventurous tone, character dynamics and comedy. There are many great gags scattered about, such as everything related to the pioneers, SpongeBob's breakdown on the road, the "It's not a boulder, it's a rock!" line, and "This one's on the house!". However, the main reason I love it so much is that the SpongeBob/Squidward friendship is explored very well here, and that at its core, is why this episode is such a fun adventure. 

• Like 3
  • Happy 2
  • God Himself 1

MM/BB V: Great episode with great humor, and I love the idea of the main characters being heros, as well as Barnacle Boy becoming evil. A bunch of cool action would have already been really fun to see, but the comedic way they fail to get a single hit on the dark side is even better! Not on my list, but it's in my top 50

Pizza Delivery: Classic and funny episode with a great ending and great characters, also not on my list but in my top 50.

Pranks a Lot (#34)

Missing Identity (#32)

Valentine's Day (#50) 

Squid's Day Off (#43)

Plankton's Army (#33)

Employee of the Month (#40)

Mid-Life Crustacean (#36)

Survival of the Idiots (#35)

Something Smells (#39)

The Great Snail Race (#45) (Might be higher but whatever)

Rock Bottom (#49) 

Clams (#41)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Imitation Krabs (#20)

Life of Crime (#30)

50: Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V (#15)

49: Club Spongebob (#42)

48: ???

47: ???

46: My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

45: ??? 

44: Fear of a Krabby Patty (#27)

43: ???

42: Big Pink Loser (#38)

41: ???

40: Have You Seen This Snail (#26) 

39: ???

38: ???

37: Squidville (#47)

36: ???

35: Pizza Delivery (#14)

34: Sailor Mouth (#22)

33: Idiot Box (#15)

32: ???

31: ???

30: ???

29: ???

28: ???

27: F.U.N (#48)

26: ???

25: ???

24: ???

23: No Weenies Allowed (#37)

22: SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (#29)

21: ???

20: Dunces and Dragons (#23)

19: Roller Cowards (#24) 

18: ???

17: ???

16: ???

15: ???

14:Krusty Towers (#19)

13: Snowball Effect (#25)  

12: ???

11: SB-129 (#28)

10: Mimic Madness (#31)

9: Can You Spare a Dime (#18)  

8: Welcome to the Chum Bucket (#17)

7: ???

6: ???

5: ???

4: ???

3: ???

2: ???

1: Just One Bite (#21)

22/50, 11/25

I didn't have it on as I prefer a few other season one episodes that beat it out, but Pizza Delivery is still one of if not the best episodes exploring the SpongeBob/Squidward dynamic. From Squidward not trusting the tidbit on moss to still defending him after being ticked off at the customer who instead of being pissed off for waiting so long can't work through a simple mistake or even have his own drink, it shows that while Squid can be cynical, he's not satan. In other eps he isn't as nice and he's harsher, even in this season, but seeing this rare moment for his character was pretty exciting.

Pizza Delivery was never one of my favorites but it has a special place in my heart because it was the first SpongeBob episode I've seen from my memories. It was such a great SpongeBob/Squidward episode to balance their dynamic and add some cute jokes. It was the first episode to focus on SpongeBob and Squidward's relationship (Reef Blowers doesn't count much imo) and this episode made that bond special. Gotta love Squidward actually standing up for SpongeBob and the episode ending with a hilarious joke. I'm totally not against at this being high on the list, such a fastastic episode that had humor and heart.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Chum Bucket features an amazingly well-expressed bond between SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs. I love that small yet emotional cry they share once they realize SpongeBob will never return to the Krusty Krab. The song has the right amount of cheese and melodrama for it to still stay emotional while also kind of being funny. It’s also surprisingly well-performed. I love Mr. Krabs’ little rasp to his singing voice. The main plot is fairly decent too. Great to see Plankton’s faux compassion and patience quickly run out as SpongeBob gets more and more bratty and demanding. Those shoes Plankton bought for him have to be my favorite. SpongeBob has such a hilarious love for overly kitschy stuff, like in Bossy Boots. It’s also cool to see how he’s only compatible with working for the Krusty Krab and nothing else.

Squidward’s role in Idiot Box is terrific. I love episodes where he ends up getting roped into SpongeBob and Patrick’s shenanigans, and ends up becoming more interested in them than they are. My favorite scene of him has to be his little moment of joy once the box actually starts “working” for him and how he really starts getting into it. It’s nice to see him be so happy for once. I also love his confused and worried reactions to the sound effects, and his anger at how everything on the TV is about boxes. They seriously used that joke to its full advantage, by the way. The actual imagination scenes themselves are the highlights, though. Amazing how the writers were able to create something so hilarious without any visual aid but the shot of a box. The mountain climbing sequence has to be the best one fall. I adore how innocently it starts off until it suddenly drops off into something so incredibly violent.

MM&BBV feels like the culmination of the entire superhero saga. I love the IJLSA and think it’s genius that everyone assumes a different superhero personality. Although I would’ve liked to see them more in action, they make up for it by being really funny. Besides the fact that it’s our beloved characters running around, the way absolutely everything goes wrong for them in one fell swoop is a major highlight. The sight of their badly maimed bodies at the very end says it all. The villains are pretty awesome too. I like how previously, Man Ray and the Dirty Bubble were committing actual crimes, but with Barnacle Boy they suddenly become so mundane, like ding-dong ditching and simple teasing. I thought it was a clever way to show his immaturity. Speaking of Barnacle Boy, he’s handled really nicely here. I like how his motivation to be evil comes from everyone constantly patronizing him, which I find to be pretty funny. A few of his quotes are classics too, like “I’m sixty-eight years old and I want a Krabby Patty!” and “I’m tired of playing second banana to a man who wears a bra!”

I think what makes Pizza Delivery so great is how well it outlines the contrast between SpongeBob and Squidward. While Squidward is panicking, yelling and/or complaining, SpongeBob’s just singing a song or imitating the pioneers. The little interactions and arguments they have are so many throughout the episode, but you can tell how close the pair are during the whole ordeal are. And of course, you have the Krusty Krab Pizza song that sort of ties everything together. It all culminates in the scene where Tom makes SpongeBob cry, and Squidward is left to stand up for him. That single scene is satisfying, emotional, memorable, and absolutely classic. Of course, there are also supporting details to this episode that really embellish the rest of it. The situation and resolution are so entertainingly absurd, the fight for the pizza between the duo is a great climax, and even the littlest of jokes like Squidward eating coral and playing the spoons really bring out how grand this episode truly is.

50. ???

49. ???

48. ???

47. ???

46. ???

45. SB-129 (#28)

44. ???

43. Missing Identity (#32)

42. ???

41. ???

40. ???

39. ???

38. Sailor Mouth (#22)

37. Pizza Delivery (#14)

36. SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (#29)

35. ???

34. ???

33. ???

32. Just One Bite (#21)

31. Clams (#41)

30. ???

29. ???

28. ???

27. Idiot Box (#16)

26. ???

25. ???

24. Big Pink Loser (#38)

23. ???

22. ???

21. ???

20. Something Smells (#39)

19. Snowball Effect (#25)

18. ???

17. Squid's Day Off (#43)

16. Fear of a Krabby Patty (#27)

15. ???

14. Valentine's Day (#50)

13. ???

12. Imitation Krabs (#20)

11. ???

10. ???

9. Roller Cowards (#24)

8. Life of Crime (#30)

7. ???

6. Can You Spare a Dime? (#18)

5. Krusty Towers (#19)

4. My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

3. ???

2. ???

1. ???

Not on List:

Rock Bottom (#49)

F.U.N. (#48)

Squidville (#47)

The Great Snail Race (#45)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Club SpongeBob (#42)

No Weenies Allowed (#37)

Mid-Life Crustacean (#36)

Survival of the Idiots (#35)

Pranks a Lot (#34)

Plankton’s Army (#33)

Mimic Madness (#31)

Have You Seen This Snail? (#26)

Dunces and Dragons (#23)

Welcome to the Chum Bucket (#17)

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V (#15)

• Like 1

"Pizza Delivery" was #20 on my list. It's such a classic episode, with the "Krusty Krab Pizza" singing, to all the obstacles SpongeBob and Squidward encounter on their way to delivering the pizza, to the fact that Squidward actually stands up for SpongeBob for once and throws the pizza in the ungrateful customer's face, it is all just amazing and a very nostalgic Season 1 episode. In general, it's probably one of the most solid episodes ever to air on this show, and with just how classic and memorable it is I felt it deserved a spot on my Top 25 list.

I really don't have a strong opinion one way or another about "Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy V". Personally, I feel that "Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy II" is a better episode. But "Pizza Delivery" is a pretty good episode. It didn't make my top 25 list this time, but it's still good. Spongebob: "Krusty KRAYAB, KRAYAB, KRAYAB PIZZA! Is the pizza for you and...MEEEEEEEEEEH!" :hysterical: That part just gets me every time! :D I can't wait to see what other episodes wind up on this list! :cool: Enough said! ;)

Pizza Delivery is a good example as to why Season 1 was great. It kept a simple premise and coupled that with great, on-point writing to make one of the most memorable episodes of the show. From Spongebob and Squidward getting lost in the desert to Squidward standing up for Spongebob in the end (one of the best moments of Season 1), there's a lot to say about this episode, but I'll leave it at that while it didn't make it onto my top 25, it's one of Season 1's best and a shining example of how great the show could be, even early on.

13. "YES! Hello."

Image result for krab borg

Krab Borg, 171 points

(12 of 32 lists. 1 #1 vote - Ironic Sonic)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Krab_Borg

RDSP: Krab Borg is a prime example of why a lot of people consider Season 3 to be their favorite season; it's funny, memorable and just an outright great episode. From Spongebob's paranoia after watching the movie to him and Squidward breaking Mr. Krabs's appliances, this episode is packed with comedy, and that coupled with some of the smaller jokes (like Spongebob's "They're everywhere" line, Squidward grabbing comedy records while collecting torture equipment, etc.) makes for one of the funniest and overall greatest episodes of the show. Everyone is in character here, there's nothing detracting from the viewing experience and, again, it's a really funny episode, solidifying this one as one of Spongebob's best.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • God Himself 4