• Advertisement

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Jane

Welp, considering The Force Awakens is kicking ass, it's not too surprising they're releasing Episode VIII in the same timeframe, specifically December 15, 2017.

Set to be directed and written by Rian Johnson and executive-produced by J.J. Abrams. The actors from TFA will reprise their roles as well.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-to-open-december-15-2017?cmp=smc|339573417&linkId=20528618

1 minute ago, Metal Snake said:

Not surprising at all there's going to be another. The second movie of the original trilogy was better than the first, so let's hope that the same is true for this.

They announced that they were making it a trilogy all the way back in 2012.

Isn't it too early to make a thread about this? No one has even make a thread for Rogue One yet. I expect big things from this since the second one in the original trilogy took the franchise into a different direction and inspired a lot of people to improve their sequels upon their first movies.

12 minutes ago, Fred Rechid said:

We pretty much knew that there was gonna be another movie. Plus, they also announced an IX too.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/star-wars-8-9-and-rogue-one-releases-dates-plots-casts-and-directors-a6785291.html

Judging on the pattern, IX could be released on December 20th, 2019.

I could've sworn in the initial announcment back in 2012 they were making it a trilogy. 

16 minutes ago, WhoBob said:

Isn't it too early to make a thread about this? No one has even make a thread for Rogue One yet. I expect big things from this since the second one in the original trilogy took the franchise into a different direction and inspired a lot of people to improve their sequels upon their first movies.

We have a release date and it's supposed to start shooting next month. I think it's not early at all. We're gonna get a lot of news really soon.

Not surprised Disney moved the release date back at all.  It was pretty ballsy because Avatar 2 was originally scheduled to be released that same weekend...and of course now Fox delayed it again as early as last night.  Hilarious. 

While I personally don't think magic will strike twice with this move box office wise because that would be close to impossible (and before people point out to me what the last one just did, no movie ever behaved like that EVER.  You would be asking a lot to have a movie repeat that pattern twice, especially with how The Force is behaving normally now.) , I am far more excited for this than I was originally for The Force Awakens.  Rian Johnson is one of my favorite directors today and I personally can't wait to see him handle one of my favorite movie franchises.  I know he can do sci-fi action/adventure movies and not only do I think, but I know he can make this sequel much better than the original Force.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clappy said:

Not surprised Disney moved the release date back at all.  It was pretty ballsy because Avatar 2 was originally scheduled to be released that same weekend...and of course now Fox delayed it again as early as last night.  Hilarious. 

While I personally don't think magic will strike twice with this move box office wise because that would be close to impossible (and before people point out to me what the last one just did, no movie ever behaved like that EVER.  You would be asking a lot to have a movie repeat that pattern twice, especially with how The Force is behaving normally now.) , I am far more excited for this than I was originally for The Force Awakens.  Rian Johnson is one of my favorite directors today and I personally can't wait to see him handle one of my favorite movie franchises.  I know he can do sci-fi action/adventure movies and not only do I think, but I know he can make this sequel much better than the original Force.

Me too. I'm really hoping that this will be the Empire of the sequel trilogy.