• Advertisement

Despicable Me 3

jdfr03

The second made a shit ton of money so this comes as a surprise to nobody.  Four years seems like enough time between sequels.  Plus they have The Minions movie coming out in 2015.  Illumination Entertainment is going to milk this franchise for as much money as they can get.

The possibilities are really endless with that sort of universe, and I think the characters have enough depth for people to continue to care about them as long as the writing is up to snuff (think of this franchise like Ice Age done right). I'm stoked, personally. Also wouldn't be surprised if the villains in Despicable Me 3 were the villains from The Minions, because that'd be the easiest way to make a lot of money but also the easiest way to ensure a really really good plot.

Yeah, everybody keeps praising this series, but I look at it and I'm just like... "eh"? The trailers must not do the movies justice.

Pretty much this. All the good parts are not in the trailers for both movies. Well to me at least.

Yeah, everybody keeps praising this series, but I look at it and I'm just like... "eh"? The trailers must not do the movies justice.

The trailers for the second one were so awful. There was zero semblance of any sort of actual plot; all that was shown was Gru and Lucy not doing anything and then sometimes Cyrus popped up and said his name for that one scene and that was it. There was a lot more to it than that and I thought it was a lot better than the first one. There were a myriad of problems with the first movie though, with a list that starts with the animation and ends with Jason Segel's voice.

I adore the first movie and the second one was just decent but there's going to be third one? A minion spin-off wasn't enough, they decided to make a third movie? NOOOOOO!!! They just can't let the series die. A minion spin-off sounds already bad and I don't think the third movie is going to be better.

On 06.02.2014 at 11:59 PM, Dr. WhoBob said:

I adore the first movie and the second one was just decent but there's going to be third one? A minion spin-off wasn't enough, they decided to make a third movie? NOOOOOO!!! They just can't let the series die. A minion spin-off sounds already bad and I don't think the third movie is going to be better.

You hoe (D)

Well, I still stand by this but Trey Parker as villain interests me. If they do a pretty good job with him, as well as the story, sure why not. But right now eh, another unnecessary movie sequel just to milk the cash out of this franchise and sell more minions (no problem with minions, just saying they are nothing but cash grabs now lol).

• Like 1