• Advertisement

Despicable Me 3

jdfr03

17 hours ago, Fred Rechid said:

Sorry for bump, but:

http://screenrant.com/despicable-me-3-villain-trey-parker/

Apparently, this is going to be a thing.

I hope people know that this is a pretty big deal. Him and Matt Stone almost exclusively stick to their own projects (I want to say they've done, like, two things that aren't theirs), even though they're both super talented voice actors. I'm more excited now.

• Like 1

Yeah Trey Parker being cast as the villain is a pretty big deal because as termi has already stated, him and Matt exclusively stick to their own projects.  So I'm absolutely more excited for this than I already was.

Also to all of those complaining about the Minions, they will fall back into place here as the comedic relief where they were best utilized at in the previous movies.  I don't need to see this to know that because Gru and the girls have always been the focal point of the Despicable Me movies, even if the Minions have become the breakout characters.  Of course they'll get their fair share of the screen time.  Universal and Illumination aren't fools.  They know what makes them money and what kids like.  I just hope people who are "sick of the Minions" realize that the Despicable Me movies aren't entirely about them and, to me at least, is about the story the movie tells which I can't wait to see what the third is about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clappy said:

Yeah Trey Parker being cast as the villain is a pretty big deal because as termi has already stated, him and Matt exclusively stick to their own projects.  So I'm absolutely more excited for this than I already was.

Also to all of those complaining about the Minions, they will fall back into place here as the comedic relief where they were best utilized at in the previous movies.  I don't need to see this to know that because Gru and the girls have always been the focal point of the Despicable Me movies, even if the Minions have become the breakout characters.  Of course they'll get their fair share of the screen time.  Universal and Illumination aren't fools.  They know what makes them money and what kids like.  I just hope people who are "sick of the Minions" realize that the Despicable Me movies aren't entirely about them and, to me at least, is about the story the movie tells which I can't wait to see what the third is about.

But Clappy! They're sooooooooooooo annoying! They just like those rabbits from Ubisoft and Rayman! :(:(:(:(:(

Real talk tho, I'm not that sick of minions. I mean, sure they are annoying, but I'm not really sick of them as much as the other people. Though I am sick of those pictures with quotes with a minion next to the quote.

As for Trey Parker, I'm glad that he's doing something outside of his exclusive projects. Though one of my friends on The Annotation Station is not taking this very well. He hates South Park and Trey Parker with a burning passion.

I still haven't seen the second but this looks interesting. I'm completely indifferent about the Minions but a good story about Gru and the girls and a villain voiced by Trey Parker is good enough for me.

BUMP

Alright, screw me from 2014, holy crap, I laughed and I just enjoyed the trailer so much, rn I'm watching for the second time. Trey Parker is gonna knock it out of the park with the villain. And for those who hate Minions, they were only in last scene of the trailer, so I'm sure they won't be focused as much. I'm hyped honestly. This will be so much fun.

I'm going to sit back and wait for another trailer because the Despicable Me movies in particular have always suffered from, in my opinion, very poor trailers.  This one was no different, although I did like the commitment to selling Trey Parker's villain.  He was highly entertaining and without a doubt the best part because everything else about the trailer did absolutely nothing for me. 

1 hour ago, Shego Claus said:

I think this villain members the '80s too much.

'Member 80's sitcoms? Oooh, 'member Full House? Ooh, I love Full House! 'Member ALF? Oooh, I love ALF!

Sorry for going off topic, I couldn't resist considering Trey Parker will play the villain.