• Advertisement

Oh Good God Almighty: There's A Sheldon Prequel Series In Development

Hayden

It would be easy to make fun of how much worse The Big Bang Theory is now in comparison to when it first started, but the idea of spinoff...actually makes a lot of sense and is worth the risk for CBS.

The Big Bang Theory is still the number one rated comedy on television somehow but it's become very expensive to keep going.  The main three actors (Johnny Galecki, Jim Parson, Kaley Cuoco) are all being paid over a million dollars an episode and are expecting more money as well as the rest of their main character cast mates.  The series is up for renewal after the current season and despite the amount of viewers that still tune in, rumor has it that CBS doesn't want to continue having to potentially pay upwards of 5-10 million dollars an episode to keep this show airing.

The idea of a spinoff series about Sheldon makes a lot of sense in that regard because it's about a character that is most of the fan base's favorite and it will cost so much less to make.  And if CBS does want to pay too much money to keep The Big Bang Theory going, they can potentially monopolize a comedy block for a hour for CBS.  I hate to say it, but this is a good investment for CBS.  Now will it be good is another post entirely.

Where's the laugh track?  How am I suppose to find out if things are funny?

Otherwise, with how long that trailer was and that there is an extended one also out there, CBS sure seems to be banking A LOT on this being a massive hit.

Forgot I made this thread but that was the worst 5 minutes of my life.

The thing I'm baffled by is some of the TBBT haters are proclaiming it looks better than the sitcom itself. I'm not sure those people are living in reality.

The single camera and zooms were a horrible choice. Title they settled on isn't creative, just them trying to grasp attention from people who recognize the name Sheldon. Teachers were terrible with their lines (hi Arwin). That has to be the most annoyingly bad actor family I've ever seen. Especially cringed at the Sheldon/father couch part. This makes more sense as a one and done theatrical movie, the trailer even seems like a trailer for something like that. I'm trying to figure out which of this or Diary of a Wimpy Kid 4 was worse put together.

It'll be cancelled by the end of Season 1. Stop treating your viewers like idiots, CBS. Should've waited until Big Bang ended if you wanted those viewers to have enough of a Sheldon withdrawal to watch this. For Jim Parson's voice, since aside from that, this is unrecognizable.

On 5/20/2017 at 1:18 PM, Hayden said:

Forgot I made this thread but that was the worst 5 minutes of my life.

The thing I'm baffled by is some of the TBBT haters are proclaiming it looks better than the sitcom itself. I'm not sure those people are living in reality.

The single camera and zooms were a horrible choice. Title they settled on isn't creative, just them trying to grasp attention from people who recognize the name Sheldon. Teachers were terrible with their lines (hi Arwin). That has to be the most annoyingly bad actor family I've ever seen. Especially cringed at the Sheldon/father couch part. This makes more sense as a one and done theatrical movie, the trailer even seems like a trailer for something like that. I'm trying to figure out which of this or Diary of a Wimpy Kid 4 was worse put together.

It'll be cancelled by the end of Season 1. Stop treating your viewers like idiots, CBS. Should've waited until Big Bang ended if you wanted those viewers to have enough of a Sheldon withdrawal to watch this. For Jim Parson's voice, since aside from that, this is unrecognizable.

R.I.P. Hayden's sanity

• Like 1