• Advertisement

Favorite Video Game Company?

Metal Snake

My favorite video game company would have to be Square Enix. Somewhat of an old-fashioned choice, I know, but out of the three favorite companies I had when I was younger (the other two I had were Capcom and Konami), I feel they've fared the best without question. True, they're very reliant on sequels and remakes, but seriously, what company isn't? :P They've got great-looking upcoming games like Kingdom Hearts III and the Final Fantasy VII remake as well as a lot of great stuff under their belt like Dragon Quest, Bravely Default, and SaGa, which finally got a game ported to North America after fourteen years. Sure Capcom has talk of Resident Evil 7 being survival horror and Phoenix Wright: Spirits of Justice and Konami has...um...talk of there possibly being another Metal Gear game and/or Silent Hill game, but that just doesn't compare to what Square Enix has to me.

But that's just me, what's your favorite video game company? Bethesda? Rockstar? Naughty Dog? Shoot away.

Edited by Metal Snake
  • Like 1

latest?cb=20130728135302

Insomniac Game- they have a great, laid back culture and are very appreciative of their fans. The have a forum on their website which I'm a prominent user of and it's a great place. Plus they created my favorite game series.

Edited by Teamwork
  • Like 1

Nintendo is number one easily for me. So many of their first party games (Super Mario anything, Donkey Kong country series, Pokemon, Zelda, etc) were my first ever and even though I'm not as heavily into either gaming/Nintendo as I used, I would call them my favorite based on that.

Right behind them I would say Naughty Dog for not only creating Crash Bandicoot (the first game I ever played) but then coming back and creating excellent games that on are on the complete end of the gaming spectrum such as The Last of Us and the Uncharted series.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wendy said:

Nintendo is number one easily for me. So many of their first party games (Super Mario anything, Donkey Kong country series, Pokemon, Zelda, etc) were my first ever and even though I'm not as heavily into either gaming/Nintendo as I used, I would call them my favorite based on that.

Right behind them I would say Naughty Dog for not only creating Crash Bandicoot (the first game I ever played) but then coming back and creating excellent games that on are on the complete end of the gaming spectrum such as The Last of Us and the Uncharted series.

Nintendo's definitely my favorite when it comes to first party developers, their ips are timeless. I mean, who hasn't played Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or Pokemon for example? They have some of the best content out there despite some of their recent troubles.

Nintendo.  Their first party games are miles above others.

But if you want me to pick from a company that's not one of the Big 3, I really like 2K Games.  Minus the sporting series that I love to play from NBA to WWE, Borderlands is a hell of a good time and BioShock is so much fun.

• Like 1

I'll always have a soft spot for Capcom and Rare. A company that always delivers for me would have to be Rockstar. From GTA to Midnight Club to Manhunt to Max Payne (Remedy themselves is a company I can dig too) to Red Dead to Bully to L.A. Noire to The Warriors (<3). There just isn't a game that really disappointed me. Even their earlier ones like Smuggler's Run and Oni I found fun when I first played em like four years ago. They give their games, as controversial as they are, a certain tlc that I find rare in some other companies these days.

• Like 1