• Advertisement

Have you ever got held back a grade?

abisert

Not a whole grade, but I ended up repeating a French class as a Junior in high school. I'm sure I was very close to being held back for all of Sophomore year. Probably almost got held back a couple other times, too.

I failed to garner enough credits during my freshman year and again for sophomore, so it was mainly those classes in general I had to re-do/make up while I just carried on in the classes I actually did decent in but my school ID would say "Class of 2012" and my picture in the yearbook would be placed one grade lower (and that would be embarassing for about a hot minute in front of my GTenius friends), so I guess I was held back technically. Got dat work done in junior year tho.

Never been held back but I failed my Intro to Math Modeling class during the fall of my freshman year of college and retook it in the summer. I managed to make an A the second time since I studied my butt off.

Never been held back but I retook a few classes. In middle school, I retook 8th grade Math instead of taking 9th grade Algebra since I was doing very bad in my advanced math class that was one grade ahead.

And like the other college aged users on here, I retook Biology in college as well as Marketing.

Nope but where I live (I'm sure this applies to the US as a whole) we take end of year exams starting in 3rd grade and for the longest time (Up to 7th grade) I thought you had to pass the exams or you had to repeat the year......