• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2015 Edition!

Wumbo

Simmer down everyone. We're two episodes left, no need to police what people say on this thread. that's my job

Also Fluttershy, you only have episodes up to 11 on your recap, so, point kinda moot, as helpful a resource as that is

• Like 2

Call it overrated all you want, the episode is so amazeballs. Yeah, the song made the episode popular but the story was also brilliant, the jokes were funny and the ending has to be the best way to end an episode ever. I think we all know what #1 is but I don't wanna speak too much  :funny:

Omair: Honestly you know why lets not even bother

God, I love you Omair.

• Like 1

Nice commentary, Omair :hysterical:

You can't deny how iconic this episode is. It's packed with jokes. My favorite part isn't even Sweet Victory, but rather the band rehearsal before the performance. I left it off my list but let's slide it into my top 10 somewhere :P

• Like 2

SpongeBob following up that inspiring, almost tongue in cheek speech and getting that band to business by saying "a one! A two! A skeelah-deelah-do!" is perhaps one of the most underrated and iconic scenes from the show

Nobody ever seems to notice this but this episode is so quiet. It's almost like a parody of movies in this vein, but it works and adds up to a great episode. It always feels so delightfully downcast and somber in a way, and the strange pacing I've always loved here too. The trumpet playing in honor of that death as Squidward gets on the ground in the fetal position is just so weird and silent and I love it. I wish more Post-Movie episodes would've run with that feel. Gone almost got it right and was much better for it.

• Like 2

Why am I not surprised? Honestly I don't find this near top 10 worthy, somewhat near top 25 worthy, but 50 worthy? That I actually agree with. No I'm not disliking it more because of the song at the end, although I don't get the "OMG PERFECTION THIS IS MY LIFE AND SOUL!", I agree it is a pretty great ending but having to re-watch it, it has it's moments definitely, but stuff like "is mayonnaise an instrument" is not funny after seeing it over and over again, it gets stale. Plus the flag twirlers scene... uh that one gets mixed feelings from me as I'm not sure whether that was dark humor like Nasty Patty with death and everything. MOVING ON! Honestly highlights joke wise were the lines like the stupid music rental clerk, and do instruments of torture count, and well this face:

Spoiler
Sponge_Bob_-_Band_Geeks22.jpg

Don't get me wrong I like the plot a lot, but it just feels like something is missing now, like do they literally play the one song only? Maybe I just need to brush up on my halftime show knowledge, but I'm pretty sure an entire band of that size would have to do more than one song to beat Squilliam. It was always one thing that irked me even as a kid. Feel free to say "oh I'm against most of the list anyways", I'm ready to defend my opinions on any point needing further explained, as I am completely expecting at least 5 questions anyways. :P

• Like 1

Band Geeks would be in my top ten, but not top five. It's great, and I love some jokes, but like trophy said, the jokes like Is Mayonnaise an Instrument?. The song is good, but it isn't amazing and while I really like this episode, its not top five material for me. Also I think I do know what numero uno is.

Some jokes and some don't get stale