• Advertisement

My Rambling/Praising/Reviews About Assorted Things, Mostly Music

CyanideFishbone

I love writing rants. I really do. It's a hobby of mine, and i want to show you all my opinions of the world. Yes, I will review things, and yes, I do take requests, so if you want me to review anything, I might do it, it's all up to me. Without further ado:

(WARNING FOR ALL THESE RANTS (JUST RANTS): THERE WILL BE SOME VERY HARSH LANGUAGE.)

Well, woop de frickin' doo. 5SOS craze has hit my town. Now, I can reach the cynical music critic I am inside. Fuck 5SOS. Fuck them so hard. 

It's just a watered down Blink-182. I have a limit when it comes to pop punk, and Blink's just the limit of poppiness. 5SOS just feels like a "punk" One Direction. It's the same topics: girls, being a teenager, and it's so damn repititous. You see, good pop punk bands (Green Day, Blink-182, The Offspring) have other goddamn things to sing about. Hell, one Green Day song that became extremely popular was about insane boredom. Hell, even bad pop punk bands have other things to write about (MCR, Pierce The Veil, etc) This craze is just normal, the little fucking girls wearing the damn shirts with their faces, the notebooks/binders/pencils plastered with these 4 aussie fuckheads on it. Luke Hemmings is trying way too fucking much. They're trying to be these big icons of rock like Nirvana, AC/DC, Metallica, etc. Try to find a picture of Luke Hemmings wearing something other than a Smashing Pumpkins/Misfits/ACDC/etc shirt/tank top/whatever. I know the magazines make them wear this, but come on.

Anyways, back on the craze. It's not as bad as One Direction, but whatever, it's still the same (t-shirts, folders, whatevers) so it's nothing to be scared of. I just hate how these shit pop punk bands are becoming the "ideals" of "punk rock" and "pop punk" bands, AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN PUNK ROCK.

I'm sorry..... I just get really heated sometimes. 

• Like 1

I could care less about 5SoS. Apparently, I think they hold the management of mainstream rock, and I never thought those words would come out of my mouth. Really, I think having 5SoS around is a bit tame for me when living in the world where everybody seem to have almost forgotten about Daughtry, The Fray, Neon Trees, and even Foster the People. They're a boy band in disguise and they're stuck with that label. Punk bands like Green Day and Fall Out Boy *ducks* are still better than them though.

• Like 1

I could care less about 5SoS. Apparently, I think they hold the management of mainstream rock, and I never thought those words would come out of my mouth. Really, I think having 5SoS around is a bit tame for me when living in the world where everybody seem to have almost forgotten about Daughtry, The Fray, Neon Trees, and even Foster the People. They're a boy band in disguise and they're stuck with that label. Punk bands like Green Day and Fall Out Boy *ducks* are still better than them though.

Hate Fall Out Boy, but adore Green Day. Fall Out Boy isn't punk though, it's mostly pop rock.

Reviews typically go into Downtown Bikini Bottom, and rants typically go into Sharing Time. What sort of things will you be reviewing?

Like, albums maybe, TV shows, idk. Random things. I'll talk about random things here. You can move it, i don't really care if you move it, honestly.

It is time to reveal my first album review.

2uny6nb.jpg

It turned 20 today, and it's one of the most influential nu metal albums ever. What do I think of it? Tune in soon to find out.

Yes, and I will do the Mollusk as my next album review after this.

It is time to reveal my first album review.

2uny6nb.jpg

It turned 20 today, and it's one of the most influential nu metal albums ever. What do I think of it? Tune in soon to find out.

Yes, and I will do the Mollusk as my next album review after this.

My opinion on KoRn can basically be summed up as:

tumblr_mwen1kzfFX1somw7ho4_1280.png

That being said, there definitely are much worse Nu-metal bands out there (hi Puddle Of Mudd), and that South Park episode they were in was funny.

Also, on a side note, I'd love it if you could review Drawn Together.

My opinion on KoRn can basically be summed up as:

tumblr_mwen1kzfFX1somw7ho4_1280.png

That being said, there definitely are much worse Nu-metal bands out there (hi Puddle Of Mudd), and that South Park episode they were in was funny.

Also, on a side note, I'd love it if you could review Drawn Together.

I'll just say it right now: I love Korn, and the album. Korn's one of the only good nu metal bands out there, besides Disturbed and... I think that might be it.

I'll think about it.

So, i'm cancelling the Korn review, i'm just really lazy rn and i just don't really want to do it. The Mollusk review will come soon, so be patient. I need to listen to the album and write the review.

Here's something to hold you all over. A giant list of shit I like. Enjoy.

A BUNCH OF SHIT I LIKE

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT EVERYTHING I LIKE IN EACH CATEGORY, JUST SOME. have fun 

RESTAURANTS 

Moe's

Chipotle

Five Guys

Chick-Fil-A

Burger King

P.F. Chang's

California Pizza Kitchen

Subway

Taco Bell

Auntie Anne's

Domino's

In-N-Out (Only on west coast my ass)

FOODS

Mexican food

French fries

Mozzerela sticks

Garlic knots

Soft pretzels- my shit

Donuts (Best type are strawberry frosted and sprinkled, Homer Simpson style as i call it)

Pizza (duh)

Onion rings

Chicken strips/tenders- also my shit, fuck chicken nuggets, they don't have shit on chicken tenders

DRINKS

Milkshakes

Slurpees/slushies- my shit, target food court man

Coke

Dr. Pepper- Also my shit

Hot Chocolate- also my shit too

Apple Juice- "you need to grow up" my ass. I still drink it every day, best juice hands down

VIDEO GAMES

Retro games

Earthbound/Mother series

Final Fantasy series

Pokemon series

Mario series (including mario kart, mario tennis, mario runs around and goes to a green day concert or whatever mario crossovers they do these days)

Fire Emblem series

TV SHOWS

South Park

The Simpsons

Bob's Burgers

Parks And Recreation 

Rocko's Modern Life

Pre-season 5 Spongebob (season 5 had a few great episodes)

Regular Show- i have a think for really artsy cartoons

Gravity Falls

BANDS

Green Day

Nirvana

Foo Fighters

Rush

Deftones

KoRn

Disturbed

Smashing Pumpkins

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Sunny Day Real Estate

Blink-182

The Offspring

Soundgarden

Weezer

Alice In Chains

Pearl Jam

Nine Inch Nails

I could go on all day with this subject.......

I will also do A Bunch Of Shit I Hate soon.

• Like 3