• Advertisement

My Rambling/Praising/Reviews About Assorted Things, Mostly Music

CyanideFishbone

Damn, what Doug Walker said about South Park really applies here: "With most shows, fans can usually choose their top 10 or 20 episodes, but with South Park (Weird Al in this instance), it's like top 30 or 50! That's how many good episodes (songs) there are!"

Don't worry, it'll still be top 10.

Hello friends, I am happy to supply you all with a countdown coming this week. A new entry will be posted daily. And what's the theme, you may ask?

Top 5 Guilty Pleasure Songs.

So stay prepared for tomorrow!

CHANGED RULE: All of these are in order.

Alright, so let's go! I really don't have any rules besides kinda general shit like don't be a ass about my choices.

So let's go.

5. "Sandstorm" by Darude (1999)

Trust me, everyone and their mother has heard this song. So I won't say much besides the fact i'm not big on electronic. As a song that has sort of became a viral joke due to it being overused in YouTube videos (What about other overused songs, like Paralyzer, Hey There Delilah, and fucking Dreamscape man?) And while I do think this song is a little bland, I kinda like it. I mean, I don't full on like it, but hey, it's not too bad for what it's worth, despite being a little bland.

Clue for tommorow: Something that has been discussed recently on this forum in music topics

4. "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice (1990)

This song really isn't a guilty pleasure as it's more so-bad-it's-good, and I don't even really consider this song a guilty pleasure. But just... Whenever you think about this song, you just can't help but to start singing it. It's really that simple. So yeah, it's more just so-bad-it's-good

Clue for #3: Let's take this back 7 more years.....

3. "The Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats (1983)

Of course, first thanks to this song for giving us a freaking awesome Weird Al parody. Second of all, this song is just so 80's. And that's why I like it. It's not goo, but it's just so 80's that it's entertaining. It knows it's fun and doesn't take itself too seriously, and that's why I consider it a guilty pleasure. That's really all I've got to say.

Clue for #2: Probably my most controversial choice and another year that has recently been discussed (I think)

2. "I Stand Alone" by Godsmack (2002)

Honestly, I don't find Godsmack THAT bad when it comes to modern rock. There are a lot worse modern rock bands out there (Train, Maroon 5, Paramore, Nickelback, Theory Of A Deadman, etc) They still suck, but the thing about Godsmack is all they are is a bunch of Alice In Chains wannabes from the northeast. And the singer has quite possibly THE dumbest name I have ever heard. But why do I like this song or consider it a guilty pleasure? 2002 had a TON of modern rock sludge on the mainstream, shit like Nickelback and Staind dominated the airwaves. But honestly, I actually like the instruments. The riff is good and the drumming is pretty great honestly. If I can give modern rock one thing, many piece of shit bands have great instrumentals (*cough* Sick Puppies *cough*) And I don't know why, I just consider this song just one big guilty pleasure. Most of the lyrics are pretty good, and I just really think this song is pretty good in general. Sure, Godsmack is still a piece of shit band. They gave us shit like this:

But this isn't all too bad. Godsmack still sucks major dick, but yeah, this song's a big guilty pleasure for me. And before you ask, no, I have not seen the movie this song was used for, but I have a feeling it sucks. I really don't know where I get that, I just do.

Clue for #1: Not related to the rest of the list

Sorry for the delay.

Anyways….

1. "Because I Got High" by Afroman (2000)

I honestly don't know why I love this song. It's just funny and brings back some memories of like 2 years for me. It's not perfect, but I still love this song. I like how it's a song about getting your life taken away from you and your life going from good to shit and treats it completely comically. To put it simply, this song is just funny, and it takes itself not seriously. It kind of knows it's a shitty song, and goes with it. 

And that was it.

Feel free to talk about my opinions and post your own!

You know what? I take back what I said about Constantinople. Yes I still think it sucks (Sorry Elastic, Bubblerock, any residents fans) but I don't hate the residents in general. I've heard their other work is good, but I've gotten softer to Constantinople. It sucks, but it's not that bad.

I've got a new number 5, and it's a tie.

"American Badass" by Kid Rock (2000)/"My Dick" by Mickey Avalon (2006)

Why are these songs both in one entry? They both have the exact same problem. I don't know if these songs are supposed to be comedic or not (Either way they suck) and they're just generally bad if they were a joke, but if they're not, they're atrocity territory. These lyrics in both of them are just so bad and laughable. That's really all I have to say, because i'm not certain.