• Advertisement

Return of the SBC Episode Club!

Wumbo

Allright, lets get this thing out of the way before i go insane, Good Neighbors or excuse me, BAD Neighbors is a terrible episode of spongebob that Started the whole "Modern Spongebob" Era. Here is the title card: Titlecard_Good_Neighbors.jpg

yeah, they are really trying for a night background with the words GOOD NEIGHBORS as your stupid flashlight, yeah Never seen this senario before.

let's see our writers!

Oh for the love of god, idk if Mike Bell is a good director, But im Damn Sure That Aaron Springer was a good director For Christ Sakes, he made the best episodes in my mind EVER, He helped make this Bad Episode?

WOW!

if your planning to do this one more time with the SAME people, then your gosh darn INSANE.

so the episode starts with Squidward trying to have a relaxing Sunday, hmm, its possibly Labor Day in Bikini Bottom. Some filler later, Spongebob and patrick are ruining it, hm have not seen THAT many times in a row have we? INSIDE HIS HOUSE this time, shouldnt Squidward's old Security System should have WORKED by now? so anyway they are trying to impersonate... people, yeah i dont know that but it is spotted in the whole episode, Heck they even mentioned the "All Seeing Eye" So squidward then becomes 
"President" of the Good Neighbor Lodge. or should i say BAD Neighbor Lodge. and then asks to paint the leaves Polka-dot witch ends up for Squidward to have red Dots all over him that makes a couple pull over and sends him to the hospital, THEN MORE FILLER, until.... his special arrives, and Spongebob and patrick be selfish and take it to themselves. Hm Kinda Mean-Sperited dont you think? Squidward Finnaly tells Spongebob And Patrick that they are HORRIBLE Neighbors, thanks squidward! Squidward then gets a security system that Shocks him, and puts his house on the run, The Bikini Bottom Military Respond while spongebob and patrick are trying to find a off button. the house comes back, and then squidward loses all of his sundays. and the episode ends,

so what is my Rating?

1/10, this episode made me bored and angry  :angry: why would spongebob do this? WHY?

Ah, Good Neighbors. I had good memories treating this episode as the bane of my existence. It isn't the worst episode anymore (that distinction goes for Bubble Troubles), but it is not a pleasant experience. The first half of the episode relied on a single joke, which was abusing Squidward, and needless to say, it got obnoxious and mean-spirited quickly, especially considering his apparently evil goal: to get a nice Sunday...really?

What pushed this episode to an irredeemable scale is how destroyed everyone's personality is in the second half. Squidward tries to uncharacteristically hurt Spongebob and Patrick, despite them apologizing. Yet the two act obnoxious whenever the plot demands it. It's confusing just thinking about it, and makes it so you can't root for anybody. Doesn't matter in the long run, as everybody loses at the end. What's the joke? What is the point? This episode is a mess, morally and in comedy.

• Like 1

Ah, Good Neighbors. I had good memories treating this episode as the bane of my existence. It isn't the worst episode anymore (that distinction goes for Bubble Troubles), but it is not a pleasant experience. The first half of the episode relied on a single joke, which was abusing Squidward, and needless to say, it got obnoxious and mean-spirited quickly, especially considering his apparently evil goal: to get a nice Sunday...really?

What pushed this episode to an irredeemable scale is how destroyed everyone's personality is in the second half. Squidward tries to uncharacteristically hurt Spongebob and Patrick, despite them apologizing. Yet the two act obnoxious whenever the plot demands it. It's confusing just thinking about it, and makes it so you can't root for anybody. Doesn't matter in the long run, as everybody loses at the end. What's the joke? What is the point? This episode is a mess, morally and in comedy.

Random Person: Give this man a cookie

Alright i'm gonna get this out of my chest, why, why, why does this episode exist? It's terrible, it started the new era of spongebob, and you can't root for anyone in this episode and all squidward was trying to do was enjoy his sunday!

This episode is too bad to discuss and hopefully people agree with me

its okay not to discuss, but you deserve a Cookie.

OK I like this episode a lot, sure I see the flaws in it but it's not that bad. I look on the lighter side of things really. Plus Squidward just getting through to SpongeBob and Patrick helped, and they TRIED to stop his house from whatever, and that's all that really matters to me. I would definitely rewrite the ending though, I'd just torture the man who said Squidward had community service until he drops charges on Squidward and does it himself, but that's the only main issue I have with it. GOOD NIGHT SBC, HATERS STAY AWAY FROM THIS REVIEW! 9/5/10

• Like 2

This episode is notorious, FREAKING NOTORIOUS for starting the trend of bad modern SpongeBob. Up until here, Season 4 actually felt like classic SpongeBob. This is one of the SpongeBob episodes I was legitimately bored throughout the whole thing. It was mean spirited, it was boring, and it was annoying. But honestly, I thought it was just meh.

5/10

Also, I have a theory. I bet Vincent Waller a burger that Make Bikini Bottom Beautiful took place right after Good Neighbours, and that ticket at the end might have been a Congratulation ticket for winning against Squilliam, and that they were officially out of community service.

Good Neighbors

Oh yes, Good Neighbors - the episode that I would call the 'start of darkness.' When you only got one writer, then you know there's already someone to blame, but I can easily forgive Mike Bell for something that was the least awful. Looking back, the episode tells me it's very much the least horrible and also the basically average. So, um...the episode begins with Spongebob waking up in front of Squidward's bedroom, for the start of Squidward's Sunday to already to be ruined, yet also to turn for the worst. When I first watched this episode, I was stunned, but I can't completely explain why. It was certainly something about how Squidward suffers and that the circumstances went down like a conga line. And then one of my least favorite terms from the show was born.

Because Spongebob and Patrick want to prove themselves as good neighbors, they start making him the President of the "Secret Royal Order of the Good Neighbor Lodge," which was silly enough for Squidward to disapprove. Pretty much, the suffering Squidward goes through is from the cause of Spongebob and Patrick's attempt of making Squidward comfortable during his Sunday. Squidward gets red paint all over his face, ends up going to the hospital by mistake, he misses his foot pedicure, he gets thrown out of his own self-aware house, he gets squashed by his own house, and he would have to serve community service with his two neighbors

Squidward gets at least a fair share of dignity when he gets a chance to relax twice during the episode, if only temporary. Even though they take it lightly, Spongebob and Patrick at least get a share of Squidward's wrongful karma by having to do community service all the same.

For the main criticisms for this episode, Squidward kinda overreacted during the scene after he misses his foot pedicure while Spongebob and Patrick hardly show much of a reaction. He yells at them, they feel despaired rather than completely devastated or driven to tears. On another note, he yells at them in a way that he needs to take a chill pill for something as a first world problem like missing your foot/tentacle pedicure. Also not to mention that some moments that Squidward suffers are wrongful. Doesn't stop the episode from at least being entertaining. I mean, what are the odds of an Easter Island Head home destroying a city after an apology cake jams the system that Squidward installed for the said house? I find that pretty hilarious. The part where the machine zaps Squidward after he directly insults it was a bit funny to me as well.

I've seen worse. The torture wasn't so consistent and hasn't felt like it never stopped unlike "Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom." If I would name an episode that I think started to become obvious that Spongebob was declining in quality, there's always "All That Glitters." I don't mind the biggest offender of this segment, but it was still rather cruel to Squidward. The episode was definitely not on par with Seasons 1-3 and it just felt like a prototype. It still had its moments though.

For its average glory, I give it a 6.5/10.

• Like 1

Ah another episode I already wrote a lengthy review for in the SBC Worst Episode Countdown.

Summary of my thoughts? It wasn't that awful. It's actually pretty good. One of my favorites from season 4. Smart writing, good jokes, and just many memorable moments.

8.5/10

• Like 2

Ah another episode I already wrote a lengthy review for in the SBC Worst Episode Countdown.

Summary of my thoughts? It wasn't that awful. It's actually pretty good. One of my favorites from season 4. Smart writing, good jokes, and just many memorable moments.

8.5/10

well at least i wasn't only one who actually like this episode.

Sorry to say it, but no amount of praise is going to make me like this episode. Since both sides of the conflict are working against each other, I find the episode more frustrating to watch than entertaining. If you don't know who you're rooting for, what's the point in having the conflict in the first place? Remains to this day one of my least favorites for this and many other reasons. 2/10

• Like 1

Maybe I'm biased because this aired on my birthday back in 2006, but I never found it bad, even before I found out it aired on my birthday. I found the humor clever, and the story was enjoyable. While it's not a huge favorite of mine, I'll give it a solid 7.5/10.

Wow is this dead or what? o.o

Onto the review

Okay, just stop right here, I give it a 10/10, it's that good. The plot is interesting with changing lives, but one thing like in Spy Buddies, Plankton could've easily learned the formula in BOTH episodes, but in this one all the gags like the clothes cannon (CANNONS FTW!) to the next day, and the horrible krabby patties and all of it make up for that one fatal flaw, which isn't really big because it'd wipe out like more than 40% of the episodes after that. So everything is great with it for me.

• Like 1