• Advertisement

Return of the SBC Episode Club!

Wumbo

I hate this episode. It's a disgrace. It's the episode where I said "That's it! I'm done!"

The premise itself is bad enough. Mrs Puff tries to murder SpongeBob. I mean seriously, that itself should give it a TV-14 rating, but if course nobody cares about what kids watch today. The episode starts with the overused idea of failing the boating exam. But this time, it made Mrs Puff's, um, puffiness unable to work. Forever. And that's when things get really bad. If you want to do this, fine, but please make sure we're on SpongeBob's side. And it failed at that. None of the characters are in any way the good guy. Mrs Puff decides to execute her plan in a demolition derby, but lazily enough, SpongeBob wins by doing next to nothing. And she says " Why are you still alive!?" Not " Why are you still standing," " Why are you still alive." So she decides to run him over herself. And the episode ends on a collision into the school and everything is "back to normal," and it's not. Most of the time, SpongeBob is to blame and she suffers the consequences. Now she's to blame and suffers NO consequences. The authorities were always stupid, but not THIS much! And so we have an episode that should have never been made.

Definitely a ZERO, and my 4th least favorite of the series.

My Review:

Okay, let me start by saying that everyone reacts WAY too much about this episode. After everything SpongeBob has put her through, I don't find her behavior to be too OOC. In general, the episode was pretty good and had a lot of laughs. Not the best of the Mrs. Puff episodes, but not terrible imo.

• Like 2

Spoiler

All right, "Demolition Doofus"! I think that I said that this was one of the standout episodes of Season 8. How does it hold up upon rewatch? Well... it doesn't. I mean, it really, really doesn't.

The episode's got a half-interesting premise. Mrs. Puff enters SpongeBob in a demolition derby so he can be killed. Interesting, yes. Sane? No.

The weirdest thing about this episode is that SpongeBob is so unlikable here that I am actually on Mrs. Puff's side! There's something wrong with that equation. SpongeBob isn't supposed to be a character that people hate. But that's exactly what you get here. If SpongeBob was at least sorry that Mrs. Puff got permanently injured (also, spoiler: she doesn't because inconsistent writing), then that'd be one thing. It'd still be an absolutely crazy premise that Mrs. Puff wants to kill SpongeBob, but at least I'd be on the right side.

And what does SpongeBob do instead? He says, "From now on I guess we'll have to call you Mrs. Pop!" and laughs. Hahaha that's not funny, you sociopath.

This episode is just executed all wrong. SpongeBob is so hateable, Mrs. Puff is an awful villain, and the plot goes so ridiculously off the wall that it has to be resolved in a stupid way. The only redeemable moment I found this time around was the doctor's callousness towards both SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff. It's okay when the side characters are jerks for no reason, but when you center an awful premise around two awful characters, you don't have a winning episode. You have an episode that is more beat up than a monster truck.

Grade: D

173b%20-%20Demolition%20Doofus%20027.jpg

Uh... Winnie the Pooh did it.

• Like 1

*SB eating snail-po*

I agree. Terrible episode. Mrs. Puff is just was too creepy. This episode is very uncomfortable to watch. Mrs. puff is literally trying to KILL SpongeBob! Ok, I can see that he is a pain to have every single day in boating school. But you can at least try not to kill one of your students and oh....I don't know.....maybe send him to ANOTHER boating school? (Just for the episode, not forever) I can see why many dislike this episode. It's unfunny, uncomfortable, and even kinda boring. I will admit, I liked SB demolition derby name, he just looked too cute in that sock costume! But, that doesn't make it enough to redeem this horrible episode

Rating: 1/10

NO REVIEWS YET?

Is this episode under-appericiated, forgettable or what? I love this episode so much. Unlike It's partner, which is a mediocre episode, this episode has an interesting story. SpongeBob and Patrick's obliviousness and sending Squidward above to the surface worked for me in this episode because Squidward wanted to act like a ghost, so he can make SpongeBob and Patrick his slaves. Sure Squidward was a jerk to SpongeBob and Patrick but at least we see SpongeBob and Patrick screwing up at their jobs, intead of Squidward torturing them and Squidward got what he deserved by getting sent into surface at the ending, although It ended on a slap in the face. There are many good laughs in this episode, from Patrick landing a watermelon into Squidward's mouth to the joke about baldness. This episode is definetly a classic and It's one of my favorites from season 1. 10/10

• Like 3

NO REVIEWS YET?

Is this episode under-appericiated, forgettable or what? I love this episode so much. Unlike It's partner, which is a mediocre episode, this episode has an interesting story. SpongeBob and Patrick's obliviousness and sending Squidward above to the surface worked for me in this episode because Squidward wanted to act like a ghost, so he can make SpongeBob and Patrick his slaves. Sure Squidward was a jerk to SpongeBob and Patrick but at least we see SpongeBob and Patrick screwing up at their jobs, intead of Squidward torturing them and Squidward got what he deserved by getting sent into surface at the ending, although It ended on a slap in the face. There are many good laughs in this episode, from Patrick landing a watermelon into Squidward's mouth to the joke about baldness. This episode is definetly a classic and It's one of my favorites from season 1. 10/10

Agreed. 

NO REVIEWS YET?

Pretty much this but it was obvious that his bubble would be popped and he'd land in Bikini Bottom again safely anyway, like how they floated safely down in pressure. Plus it wasn't him who started it, and his hard worked on statue was ruined, so some slave work was partially deserved. Also for getting into his house without him even knowing it. 10/10 episode classic for humor, and one of the most forgotten episodes that's a gem underneath it. 100/10

• Like 1

Pretty much this but it was obvious that his bubble would be popped and he'd land in Bikini Bottom again safely anyway, like how they floated safely down in pressure. Plus it wasn't him who started it, and his hard worked on statue was ruined, so some slave work was partially deserved. Also for getting into his house without him even knowing it. 10/10 episode classic for humor, and one of the most forgotten episodes that's a gem underneath it. 100/10

Oh, okay. You made a really good point. My opnions about this episode changed a little and It's good to know that Squidward landed on Bikini Bottom safely. I still adore the episode though.