• Advertisement

Return of the SBC Episode Club!

Wumbo

My thoughts on The Smoking Peanut:

I'm actually surprised that you dislike this episode, Clappy because I don't really find anything wrong with this episode (except one part) but I respect your opinion. This episode was never one of my favorite SB episodes and I prefer It's partner, Pressure, over this episode anytime but I really think this episode is good. There were a lot of good laughs like Patrick licking a yellow sponge popsicle and one of the workers at zoo pulling off Mr. Krabs' pants. There were also a few good lines in this episode. Is it just me or this episode made more dirty jokes than any SB episodes (excluding Mid-life Crustecean, Gary takes a Bath and Krusty Dogs). Whatever. Some people said SpongeBob was kinda a jerk for throwing a peanut to the clam. Yes, he was a jerk for doingthat but I can forgive him because at least he felt guilty about it and confessed it to Bikini Bottomies. My only nit-pick about this episode is that Bikini Bottomies throwed peaunuts to both SpongeBob and Patrick but after SpongeBob confessed it, people should have known that Patrick isn't guilty, so he shouldn't have thrown peanuts to Patrick. There's one more thing, I never saw that coming when we found out that Mr. Krabs is the one who upsetted the clam by stealing it's pearl or egg or whatever you call that thing. That was a good twist. Overall, this is a great episode from season 2. 9/10

Can't wait to see Clappy's review to it.

I particularly don't like this episode because it just doesn't have that memorable feel to it. Also, I'm not particularly a fan of any of these characters in this episode, except for Detective Patrick. If there is anything redeemable about this episode are Patrick's off key joke about licking a sponge Popsicle and the adult humor innuendo joke from Sandy about shaving.

3/10

IMO, Enchanted Tiki Dreams is one of seson 7's shinning gems, along with Whelk Attack, Tunnel of Glove and Squidward in Clarinetland. There are a lot great things in this episode. First of all, the begining. Some people seems to have a problem with the begining of this episode. TBH, yes the episode started off annoyingly but also kinda funny. I dunno. I just laughed at SpongeBob and Patrick's sheninigans. Also we needed an annoyijng start, so we can get the actual plot from there. Yeah, the annoying scenes lasted 4 minutes long but alright for me. The episode gets better though. SpongeBob and Patrick finally realized their mistake and decided to make something nice for Squidward. Isn't that just great (no, I'm not sarcastly talking)? It was nice for them to make Squidward happy. And when Squidward arrived at the tiki land, this episode finally shines. There is a really relaxing tune in it and the musical number in this episode is catchy. I also laughed at this: "Don't matter to me 'cause, 'cause I'M CRAZY, MAN!!!". Anyway, after Squidward had a good fun with the tiki land. Patrick accidently destoryed the tiki land because they used earwax to build tikiland, instead of glue (that was a funny joke, BTW). I was really expecting the tiki land to be destoryed (well, Nick actually shown us the tiki land getting destroyed on the promo but I'd still see the tiki land gettinf destroyed coming) and It happend but there's also another good thing happened. The writers of most of infamous Squidward abuse episodes in season 6 (Aaron Springer and Richard Pursel) let Squidward be happy at the end. So I'm really glad Aaaron for realizing his mistake and made up for it. Unfortuanetly Richard and the other writers took the legacy of Squidward abuse episodes after this but oh well. IMO, this is a really great episode from season 7. I can understand why some people love this one and also I can understand why some people didn't find this episode that interesting but also find it nice. 10/10