• Advertisement

Orca 8.1

Ron

Hey everybody!

With Orca 8.1, we improve upon Orca in a big way.

• Time Control is a custom-made feature that changes the background of the forum to suit the time of day that it is for you.
  • Teams 2 is the first stable release of Teams. You will now get notified whenever a member attacks you using a brand new system called Sparks (see below). Team Battles has also received a revolutionary upgrade. Battles will now take place in a huge virtual world where you battle the other team for supreme rule of the forums. To begin playing, click on the “Teams” button in the navigation and go through the step-by-step instructions to start! Whenever it is time to battle, every member will be notified through Sparks.
  • Sparks is a delicious notification system built entirely from scratch by our talented designer, hilaryfan80. Whenever you get a Spark, a little Patrick will appear in the top right corner of SBC. By clicking that, you’ll be taken to whatever the Spark is about
  • Donations have returned. We’ve added support for Canadian dollars, the British pound, and Euros as well. Those will be calculated automatically upon donating. If you donate, not only do you receive that status of a Donator, your name will glow on the forums and you’ll receive Doubloons! It follows this system:

$5: 30 days of glowing name and 1,000d

$10: 3 months of glowing name and 1,000d

$15: 1 year of glowing name and 1,000d

$25+: 1 year of glowing and 5,000d

• Badges are a new concept. Why do we need all that junk under our avatar when everything about us can be summed up in one nice image? Badges does just that. As you progress along the forums, you will discover new Badges that automatically appear under your avatar. Discover the different Badges as you progress the ranks!
  • We have a brand new chat (click the “Chat”) button. It has all the features of the Xat, but isn’t bloated with ads, trolls, and when you post links, you don’t have to go through that superfluous “Anti-Phishing” frame. Check it out! It’s clean, simple, and gorgeous.
  • Tons of new games have been added to the arcade. Check it out!
  • In response to the huge success we’ve had with SpongeBob Jeopardy!, we’re adding something new: SpongeBob Wheel of Fortune! How will this work? Well, it’s a custom-created game. In this game, we’ve built in support for 25 players, and the top 3 players receive 5% of their earnings in Doubloons (for example, if I had 20d, then I’d win 1 doubloon). A separate topic will be made about how to sign up!
  • Brand new icons have been added, and the category header has been updated. The forum border is now rounded, and the content background is opaque so that you can see through to the background.
  • We will be starting to have a brand new banner every week!

Edited by Grim
  • Like 5

I think you guys are confusing the banners as a part of Time Control. The Time Control only affects the skin. The banners are a weekly thing. They're an entirely different concept.

• Like 1

Guest hilaryfan80

By the way, if you donate $5 and then decide to donate $10 (for example), your glowing period will be extended to 4 months, as the $5 donation gives 1 month and the $10 donation gives 3 months. You also end up with 2,000 doubloons as both donations give 1,000 each. I just thought I had to clarify on that. :)