• Advertisement

Teams 3 Re-Draft

Jjs Goodman

"ugh when will teams happen"

"can we do roblox tournaments already?"

"I'm sorry man, teams are a terrible idea. Stop forcing them down our throats."

"so do teams still exist or...?"

"Trophy was here"

Yup. Another teams topic. Before you groan, have a reaction above, or make a negative comment on how you hate teams, please read this all the way through.

So yeah, Teams. For those not aware of what Teams are, teams were supposed to be a site activity where members would be placed on team groups where they would battle it out in events such as Jeopardy, March Madness, Roblox and more. However, that kind of died off because of issues with Roblox and lack of people interested and laziness from us. We did have tons of ideas to improve teams in the works, but they all fell through due to time.

Back in July 2014, we had a draft for our latest teams: The Band Geeks and The Drasticals, led by me and CNF respectively. A lot of you have been wondering on when we'll do anything those said teams. We will finally be doing something with them, but let me explain a few problems that have been preventing us from doing them:

1) Here's the important part of this topic- we're re-drafting teams. A ton of members from both sides have been inactive, and it's kind of why we haven't really done much. Yes, we had a balanced amount of teams on both sides, but since that was so long ago, a ton of people have gone inactive now. Note that not everyone is being kicked off, only inactive people. Here is the list of people who signed up for the first draft. If your name has a color on it, then I'll say right now that is not good...

LFIKisD.png:

CNF

Hayden

Shinya

Box

teenj

CDCB

Halibut

MoreSpongeBobSandy

SOF

Calvin

4RNCECe.png

Jjs

Trophy

Clappy

Terminoob

SG

Evspongefan

Kevin

Spongeboblover

Bordecai

Crushing

Red means this person has been kicked off the team due to inactivity or requested removal.

Orange means this person is in danger of being kicked off due to a debatable activity pattern, but is not kicked off yet. 

As you can tell, both sides could also use more players in general. At the time we kept it low because we didn't know how many would be interested, but due to the amount of new people or people that didn't sign up before, we've decided to allow a max of 15 players on each side. If we have more interested than I expect, I'll higher the amount. So, if you did not get a chance to sign up for the first draft, here's your chance to do so. With March Madness 2015 coming (whoops spoiler), we figured now is a good time to open up another draft. CNF and I will then pick from the new pool of members after we get a good amount signed up.

2) Forcing people into Teams. I'll be honest. I think one problem we had with the previous teams experiments is that we forced everyone to do it without really asking. It's obvious not everyone wants to do teams, and we can respect that. However, do not sign up in this draft if you feel you won't have time at all to do any team activities, or if you won't be dedicated into doing said events. If you previously signed up in the first draft and don't think you can be on a team anymore, just simply tell me or CNF and we can kick you off, we won't lose any sleep over it. But from now on, teams will be an optional activity for people. If people want to participate in it, cool, if not, whatever. 

3) Roblox. Yeah, Roblox has been a controversial part of Teams. We're aware it was slow, buggy and kind of a mess for people in the past. We attempted to use Roblox for Teams 3 again with an improved server, but it didn't pan out because of other plans. I'll say right now:

We're not using Roblox anymore.

That's right. So, if you neglected to sign up because of Roblox, do not worry. It won't be returning. Teams will continue for forum events like March Madness (and outside of that, we'd like to do more team events so they don't become a yearly thing) and Jeopardy. But something else is replacing Roblox. What will? I'll say right now what will replace Roblox requires no account whatsoever, and it will connect with your SBC account. I'm not going to say more, but I'll give you some teasers on what to expect...

Spoiler

oTELPxO.png?1

xMO1rBe.png

Coming soon...

So with that all in mind, I really want teams to work this time around, and they can. But the members have to take a part in it too for them to work. If you don't want to be in teams, then just don't reply to this at all.

Please sign up in this topic if you want to become a part of teams. If you already were in the first draft and think you can participate for future team events, then you don't need to sign up again.

Members Signed Up:

JCM

Rev

Nuggets

Fred

• Like 8

Sure!

Is this actually Minecraft or like a random thing that isn't Minecraft? Or is it cracked Minecraft?

You already signed up in the previous draft, so you don't have to sign up again.

And regarding SpongeCraft, stay tuned for more info. Don't want to say too much right now.

• Like 1

You already signed up in the previous draft, so you don't have to sign up again.

And regarding SpongeCraft, stay tuned for more info. Don't want to say too much right now.

Ok then.

Well, CNF and I have decided on who to pick. Note that Halibut and SG were already in the first draft, so they remained on their same teams. You guys didn't have to sign up again if you already were in the first draft and promised you'd be active for the events. Here is who was picked:

CNF picked Nuggets and Fred for the Drasticals.

I picked Rev up those Fryers and JCM for the Band Geeks.

Here are the current teams:

LFIKisD.png

CNF (Leader)

Hayden

Shinya

teenj

CDCB

Halibut

SOF

Calvin

Nuggets

Fred Rechid

4RNCECe.png

Jjs (Leader)

Trophy

Clappy

Terminoob

SG

Kevin

Spongeboblover

Crushing

Rev up those Fryers

JCM

These are the current teams for now. Any additional spots we'll consider in time, but right now it doesn't look like anybody else is interested, so we'll wait. March Madness 2015 is coming soon, so hopefully all team members are ready!

• Like 2

Well, CNF and I have decided on who to pick. Note that Halibut and SG were already in the first draft, so they remained on their same teams. You guys didn't have to sign up again if you already were in the first draft and promised you'd be active for the events. Here is who was picked:

CNF picked Nuggets and Fred for the Drasticals.

I picked Rev up those Fryers and JCM for the Band Geeks.

Here are the current teams:

LFIKisD.png

CNF (Leader)

Hayden

Shinya

teenj

CDCB

Halibut

SOF

Calvin

Nuggets

Fred Rechid

4RNCECe.png

Jjs (Leader)

Trophy

Clappy

Terminoob

SG

Kevin

Spongeboblover

Crushing

Rev up those Fryers

JCM

These are the current teams for now. Any additional spots we'll consider in time, but right now it doesn't look like anybody else is interested, so we'll wait. March Madness 2015 is coming soon, so hopefully all team members are ready!

Bring it on, old man! Bring it on!

Is it bad that I feel honored to have a color around my name even if it just means I'm on a team