• Advertisement

Wrasslin' Crew: Last thread got future endeavored

Guest ssj4gogita4

Seth Rollins should be The Man to beat The Beast at this point. His match with The Miz was the best last night had to offer. Another whack ass finish for Nakamura and AJ, but that had to be their best WWE outing so far, so I'll give em that much. Idk, I think they're really stretching out this feud thin. Just pull the trigger on Shinsuke already, it'd at least freshen the feud up a bit having a heel champ and face challenger. Speaking of whack ass finishes, Bobby & Braun vs Kami. That's all I gotta say. Negative reaction and result aside, Joe and Roman had an aight outing. They've definitely had better matches before (but my god, that Reigns getting choked out and then hulking up out of it spot was hokey af. Everything wrong with their handling of Roman can be summed up by that shit). I kinda like how Joe's downfall came when he was setting Roman up for a Muscle Buster (a move he hasn't bust out in a while, so I like the idea of it being a sorta equalizer for him). I think Joe will survive this one, the dude always oozes legitimacy whenever he pops up, and switching him over to Smackdown should definitely save him from suffering anymore defeats at the hands of The Big Dawg. Overall pay per view was really meh, tbh. Majority of the show bored me, I was just off doing my own thing on my iPad a lot of the time. Not a great start to this dual brand pay per view shtick, and really, it highlighted some of the problems I already had with it despite the nice music video packages hyping the concept up. Worst B-PPV so far this year, I'd say. It's a damn shame because for like the first week or two after Wrestlemania, I thought things were on fire. But since then, shit has just really died down. The Greatest Royal Rumble (which more than likely probably screwed with the Backlash build, especially with them being just a week apart), while definitely hyped up as and looking like a big deal show on par with the Big Four, was ultimately nothing and now Backlash has done one-upped that in the shitty department. My hype going into the summer season has gone down considerably with these last couple of weeks. They have the most stacked rosters they've seen in years (definitely worth having separate brand pay per views for, I can't stress how much I hate bringing back this co-branded shit enough) and it pains me to see that a show like this is what we get out of that. Really turned me off from wanting to tune in to the tv offerings this week.

• God Himself 1

Days like today are why I still love professional wrestling.  Thank you Okada for the greatest title reign in professional wrestling history.  Thank you Kenny for ushering in a new era of New Japan.  Thank you both for putting on the greatest match of all time.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0619/642017/wwe-announces-release-of-big-cass/

Honestly not surprised, as sad as his unceremonious release might be. His shtick was getting old fast, Samoa Joe being on Smackdown as the resident killer made Cass pretty irrelevant to me and there are a handful of other more capable big men on the roster such as Braun and Corbin (plus Killian Dain is due in on Smackdown any freakin day now), as well as the likes of Lars Sullivan, Donovan Dijak and now Keith Lee in NXT. And I'm sure he still has stigma from Enzo and his  recent creative difference with McMahon himself did him no favors. Maybe he and 'Zo can reunite on the indies now, they've always been better as a package deal.

but that's besides the point because HAPPY RUSEV DAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Edited by Old Man Jenkins
  • God Himself 1

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0626/642232/shinsuke-nakamura-injured-and-out-of-action/

tough break for Nak, mang. Hope he heals up quick and salvages his heel turn. Silver lining being that this could be Andrade's time to shine since it'd be a huge step up from Sin Cara.

• Sad 2

Just finding out Matt Cappotelli passed away recently. Deeply saddens me, having sorta kept track of his progress throughout the years. A true warrior til the bitter end, whose career and life ended much too soon. May he rest in peace.

• Sad 1

Re-signing with WWE is probably what's best for Bryan, at least health-wise. Even with his tweaked move set, idk if his body can handle the Indy work rate.

much deserved title win for Axel and Bo. Nice to see them finally get paid their due.

Lashley: "I beat Reigns last night, I deserve the title shot!"

Rollins: "I've been carrying this brand, I deserve the title shot!"

Balor: "I was the first Universal Champion, I deserve the title shot!"

Reigns: "I'm Roman Reigns."

Kurt: "YOU'VE ALL GOT VALID POINTS."

Basically what happened

Michael Cole: Nobody's got a bigger claim than Roman Reigns!

SHUT UP, MAGGLE!

Good grief, if they pull some 50/50 bullshit by having Roman beat Lashley and face Brock again, imma be madderrrrrrrrrrr

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0720/642967/speculation-on-stephanie-mcmahon-major-announcement/

can't say I'm against the idea of having Women's Tag Team Titles. I'm just curious how they're gonna do it, cuz having belts exclusive to both rosters doesn't seem doable considering how thinned out they are in comparison to the men (and even the men's tag team divisions are spread a bit thin, especially when you look at Raw's in comparison to Smackdown's). They could do it dual branded (as even more damaging as it could be for the brand split, and I do like me some actual brand separation), maybe even get the NXT women in on it. With the women's roster steadily growing and evolving and the 'E stockpiling on talent in general, the women might just need their own show at some point or they're gonna have to make more brands in general.