• Advertisement

Wrasslin' Crew: Last thread got future endeavored

Guest ssj4gogita4

Just gotta pop in here and say that I'm really digging the extra shine Mustafa Ali's been getting on Smackdown lately. The dude's improved and has really come into his own this past year, he's earned it. Here's to more opportunities for the 205 Live guys on the main shows.

• God Himself 1

I don't blame Dean Ambrose for wanting to leave at all. Only Vince and co. could fuck him up creatively. Hats off to the man for being smart with his money so that he can now do what he wants. Given how much his stock has grown since he was last on the Indy scene and looking at how the Indy scene is now, I'm sure he'll more than thrive.

also just heard that KENTA is on his way out too. Damn shame, considering how much they actually hyped him when he first signed. The guy's a goddamn innovator and it's a shame we couldn't see a good chunk of the dream matches he could've had. I really hope WWE learns how to present their Japanese wrestlers (perhaps their Asian talent in general) better to their world wide audience. Itami should've amounted to more than what he was. As good as it is to see WWE going out of their way to sign as many top talent out there as possible, Itami's tenure is gonna be a lingering thought in the back of my head. Possibly Nakamura too if he decides follows suit, which I wouldn't blame him for neither.

Edited by Old Man Jenkins

Bruh, Aleister Black's scripted ass fuck promo last night killed me a lil inside. I can look past the surprising struggle against Elias, but not that. They're gonna eat the man's mystique alive, especially with Michael Cole using terms like "moody" to describe him and shit.

• Sad 2

Now that is one hell of a way to drum up interest in this feud. Honestly expected Batista to be the face in order for them to do him a solid for what happened during his last run, but fuck it he's a much better heel.

also, shouts out to Ciampa for not clapping during the celebration like the goddamn bastard he really is. Ric Flair being the greatest sports entertainer of all time? Please. Not in the same arena as Tommy Sports Entertainment!

• God Himself 1

It's a damn shame that Black vs Nakamura was first given to us in some throwaway tag team match. That match-up could main event a ppv with some proper build behind it. It sucks that Nakamura and Rusev have both been made to be such non-factors at this point that this tag team match couldn't be seen as a bigger deal to majority of the WWE's audience.

That Firefly Fun House segment is a testament to the power of what pre-taped promos can do with some good enough production behind it. A tip of the hat to Bray and whoever is the creative force behind it for making it fucking click. I hope WWE can at least shell out the money to do more stuff akin to that.

• God Himself 1

I really hope this new shtick for Sami is what puts him over the top, WWE should definitely greenlight The Firefly Funhouse as it's own half hour long show on the network (like seriously, why have a network and NOT put that shit on there) and no other woman rocks leather pants the way Baecky does in my humble opinion. Those are my biggest takeaways from this week, I'll hopefully be back later on tonight with my double dose of Becky.

• God Himself 1

It's stuff like that Bury The Revival segment that makes me embarrassed to call myself a wrestling fan. That's something no company should want to leave any of their fans feeling, especially after all the time and money I've invested into supporting their product. Tho props to Dash and Dawson for taking that shit and running with it like they did. Better to just tough it out and take the blows rather than sitting out and being held on longer against their wills for the time spent doing nothing.

And it sucks that this whole wild card gimmick had to even be implemented, especially this damn soon after the superstar shake up. I've heard that Vince was more in support of maintaining the separation and that the networks pressured him to do it, but still, that's what happens when you fail to make more stars outside of a select few. It's not exactly "Raw Supershow" bad (yet) but it comes off just as desperate and it just might get to that level in a couple months time as the move to Fox looms closer. And possibly seeing the same top guys on both shows each week means even less screentime for those already struggling to get thrown a bone. I hate to be such a pessimist but there's been so much mishandling happening throughout the years that I feel it's all coming to a head now. From the new tv deals and network expectations to the arrival of AEW. WWE liked giving guys like Ambrose shit for being complacent, but this is what their complacency has gotten them. They have the talent pool to put on a great product, it just somehow keeps getting loused up in the machine.

Not to mention that it pisses me off to see them be so petty and greedy as to make some talent suffer for wanting out for completely justifiable reasons, especially in the case of Luke Harper.

but on the bright side, Smackdown this week did give me my new avvie.

• Like 1
  • God Himself 1

"You have no days off when you hold this championship"

poor Darren Young, let go before his time. Really could've made him great again. But as a mark for the Hardcore Title, this does tickle my fancy.

And they really going this hard on marketing Saudi Arabia III with the tagline "Will Be Good As or Exceed Wrestlemania"? lmao I can see a channel like WrestleTalk take the complete piss out of it and then drive it into the ground already. I'm really having no regrets letting my network subscription run out after Wrestlemania so far. However, Goldberg vs Undertaker is something I'd really like to see, it just sucks it has to be at Saudi Arabia.

• God Himself 1