• Advertisement

Wrasslin' Crew: Last thread got future endeavored

Guest ssj4gogita4

Shouts out to Impact Wrestling for putting on one hell of a pay per view in Slammiversary. Blew Extreme Rules tf out of the water. And shouts out to Jeff Cobb debuting for ROH recently. Very proud of my fellow islander and what he's accomplished so far! He's come a long way since AZW.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0816/644881/top-wwe-star-out-of-action-with-injuries/

sucks to hear. Not just Matt, but I've been hearing rumors and stuff for like the past month or so about Jeff's status as well, what with him apparently being injured again and possibly dealing with nerve problems. As much as I'd like to see them stick around longer and hopefully be given the chance to flesh out their characters more, it's looking more and more like the end of the road for one or both of them.

• Sad 2

Aside from a very bittersweet ending, I enjoyed Summer Slam 2018 for the most part. AJ vs Joe was definitely match of the night for me, shame it was stranded smack dab in the middle of the show. I didn't mind the squash matches too much since it fit well given who won in all three of them (my heart weeps a bit for KO tho). Becky really needed the heel turn more than Charlotte, I think. I'm all for Ronda being women's champ, it's a nice change of pace for the Raw Women's Title picture. The Miz definitely needed the win over D-Bry here, especially if their war continues. Dat ending tho, mang. I liked that Strowman made his presence felt and all that but he ended up looking like a bit of a dolt. He ended up just being collateral damage rather than a looming threat and that's something unbecoming for a Monster Among Men. They really boxed themselves into a corner with this feud in general and I think that happened the moment they gave away the blow off for the Lesnar/Heyman friction on Raw. It was the sole thing that made this iteration of the Lesnar/Reigns feud really interesting and could've salvaged it. I know they wouldn't really have Heyman and Roman hook up, but having the blow off at Summerslam could've made for a better ending than what we got. I mean, who comes out of this looking good? Roman sure didn't get his triumphant clean win over Brock in my book (and the "big victory celebration" afterwards was fittingly awkward and brief), so I'm conditioned to think that he'll finally get his moment "the next time" they cross paths. Brock didn't look nowhere near as violent and dangerous as Heyman hyped him up to be and he looks dumb for letting himself be distracted by a dude he already (and quite handily) took out of the equation. And I talked about Braun earlier. They also could've done a better job of handling his whole "cashing in on the winner" thing. I don't think the announcers tried sweeping that one under the rug, so it painfully came off looking like they were giving the crowd a brief glimmer of hope to distract them from the foregone conclusion. It added confusion to the mix and made the ending seem all the more abrupt.

tl;dr: good show, probably the best so far this year (or since the post-Mania season started, at least). Ending was ass tho, could've been better if they had balls, whether it being doing something different for once or just sticking to their push behind Reigns.

• God Himself 1

"sawed off duck butt"

leave it to WWE to make me feel embarrassed about being a wrestling fan so soon after something special like All In. People get paid to write shit like that.

also, wtf are they doing to KO, blowing off his I Quit storyline like nothing (almost as if they just realized that he was already scheduled for the Australia show) and then having him help the dude who made his life hell and was the biggest reason he quit in the first place like some mook? And plz hand Heyman off to Lashley at this point if they're that desperate to keep him on board with Brock gone, or just have him head creative.

so are The Revival face now? I was legit surprised they didn't just show up in the heel mob just cuz. I mean, good guy top guys are a-okay by me. Their "make tag team wrestling great again" shtick could easily translate to good guy motives and they'd be more credible threats to Zigs and Mac than B-Team.

Edited by Old Man Jenkins

Pretty ironic how they used the Taker/Foley match, the match that saw Foley get up from the damn stretcher that was taking him away at one point, to sell this thing and then have the match end with both competitors not being able to continue and the shit they went through was way tame compared to Mick.

as much as a genuine shock as Brock's surprise return was, I'm so fucking sick of these whack ass finishes. AJ himself has been apart of a lot of whack finishes since Mania it seems.

at least they had the balls to have Charlotte lose to Becky pretty decisively. And Jeff/Randy was what a HIAC match should be. That match was the real surprise of the night for me.

The very glaring moral issues surrounding Crown Jewel aside, it's a bit booty that the majority of the competitors in this "world cup" all hail from North America. The only guaranteed international flavor is gonna either be Mysterio or Nakamura (a match up that I wish was in the world cup itself rather than just a qualifier) and something tells me Aiden's gonna screw Rusev in his qualifier. The Cruiserweight Classic nailed the idea a lot better.

and uhhh...how bout dat Austin Aries Bound For Glory exit

Goddamn, that was a huge punch in the gut for me, completely took me off guard. Crazy how he's been able to hide the fact for this long. Says a lot that he never once used his battle to define his character. Wishing Joe a full and speedy recovery. Kick leukemia's ass again.

and the people actually rejoicing over this and saying it's all a work to get a wrestling character over or cover up Crown Jewel is what's wrong with the fandom today.