• Advertisement

Wrasslin' Crew: Last thread got future endeavored

Guest ssj4gogita4

People like to give Brock shit, but he somehow keeps me invested. Dude just keeps me guessing in spite of the dirt sheets and reports. This version of Brock is like best version of Brock. I honestly hope they milk Beast in the Bank for as long as possible. And that Lance Anoa'i is gonna be the face of the company in like five years time.

• God Himself 1

Just hearing about this now, but it's pretty damn lulzy that Aleister Black is apparently being kept out of Saudi Arabia because of the religious connotations with his tattoos and gimmick/lifestyle in general while Finn Balor is literally gonna be competing as "The Demon". Speaking of, if it weren't gonna get him killed, Finn should go with a full on jinn Finn look. It'd match the locale like his Jack the Ripper get up at Takeover: London.

• God Himself 1

I wish they would've done a better job of explaining why Shane is cool with Kevin and Sami now rather than the old "cuz they're all heel now"/Legion of Doom team-up spiel. Dudes tried to fucking kill him last year, mang.

And I'm just not digging how they're building up Seth's beatdown on Brock with a chair like it's the biggest deal ever rather than bringing up the fact that Seth practically curb stomped his ass at Mania in mere minutes right after receiving a Brock beatdown of his own. That's a much bigger feat to be hyping, like near Brock beating Taker at Mania level with the way Brock was being build up to that point.

• God Himself 1

That was actually one of the better Raw's in recent months, I'll give them that much. Also I can't be the only that had the fucked up thought running through their heads of Rollins turning back and whacking Becky with the chair like he did with Eric Young right before her.

D9x_3_GU8AAy7BN.jpg

It's been a long ass time coming, but we're finally about to see a better 205 Live.

Really bummed to see Drew eat another L. If Super Saudi Arabia didn't do it already, tonight certainly cements his place on the totem pole in relation to Shape-O-Map. It's like watching a spoiled kid do jack shit with all his toys.

Edited by Old Man Jenkins

I know it's getting a lot of flack right now, but I honestly think Evans being the special guest referee was the best call to make outside of Brock. It justifies how much they've been pushing Seth and Becky as a couple lately and it actually looks pretty damn smart and cunning on Corbin's part (especially after Seth's recent antics this past week) cuz what's Seth gonna do, beat the shit out of a woman with a blunt object on PG WWE programming with the sponsors that they have? I ain't looking forward to the mixed tag feud neither, but I gotta give credit where I believe it's due.

20 hours ago, Old Man Jenkins said:

I think I have a good idea who knocked on Aleister's door

Hide contents

Dk-dS4iXsAUtHmj.jpg

It's a battle of who's going to knock each other's brains out first

7 hours ago, Old Man Jenkins said:

Rest in power, Harley Race. The real king of kings and a true legend that shall never die in the world of professional wrestling.

One of the greatest to ever lace up a pair of boots, period

• Like 1

The debut of The Fiend is a testament to what some long term storytelling and giving more power to the wrestlers can do to create truly captivating stories. The Fiend needs to go on an absolute tear from here, perhaps build him up to be the one to knock Seth back off his pedestal and give us our first real full time heel Universal Champion since, like, KO. It's nice to see Seth get as clean of a victory he can get over Lesnar. If he was gonna be the one to dethrone Lesnar, I'm glad it was at least in that fashion. Makes him look Super Cena/hulk Hogan levels of superhuman because he beat Brock while he was definitely well below 100%, whereas dudes like Styles, Bryan, Balor, Joe, Strowman and even Roman a lot of the time couldn't pull it off at full health. So whoever does have the honors of stripping the belt of his grasp could really look like a million bucks. Now stop giving Rollins shit to say on tv that does nothing to counteract the shit he says online. And as much as liked the moment of Brock crashing MitB and how it gave birth to the Brock Party, kinda sucks to see another year of MitB potential going down the drain.

that highlight aside, this was a pretty good show all around. The only real low point IMO being the ending to Orton vs Kofi. I really don't see the point of continuing their feud if Orton wasn't winning the belt and they kinda milked all they could out of this during the build to Summer Slam. Really should've been a one and done with Kofi finally overcoming his demon. Hopefully they can prove me wrong with this upcoming build to their inevitable rematch, but Summer Slam just screams "better blow off point" to this feud rather than the next B-level ppv. They should really build up some more viable heel challengers in the meantime, especially on the blue brand.

hats off to Trish for going as long as she did in a pretty entertaining match to boot. Good note for her to go out on if this is really her end. Dolph reminded why I fell in love with his work in the first place, honestly made me pained to know how many people (myself included) have fell out of love with him in recent years because at the end of the day, he is still here while these legends do come and go. Speaking of, Goldberg is getting shat on a lot lately and not just by Matt Riddle, like, I read that Jack Swagger is getting his licks on him too. Kinda feel bad for the guy. Legit surprised at the lack of Roman on the show. The Rowan and attack on Buddy was a nice development in that overarching story. It's not everyday that you see heel on heel violence like that. With WWE's antiquated, inconsistent booking (like randomly having Graves go full heel on Alexa by having her and Nikki be faces for the sake of what I presume to be for that one match on the pre-show because there were no seeds for a turn planted anywhere beforehand), you'd think they would be teaming with Buddy (which they could go ahead and still do to no surprise).

• God Himself 1

I really wanna see Randy Orton, The Revival and Drew Gulak (and possibly Robert Roode too, if they're daring enough to have a five man group) form a stable. They all would complement each other greatly. Serious, no nonsense, old school-style wrestlers brought together under one banner. Could make perfect foils for just about anyone.

• God Himself 1

So this was a good week for in-ring action, but storytelling-wise, hoo boy.

Well shit, Roode winds up in a tag team with Ziggler of all people. So much for my idea. I appreciate that they've been playing up Roode's illustrious past history as a tag team wrestler (as selective as WWE is in acknowledging the past accomplishments of most of their wrestlers, especially the TNA migrants), although I think Roode is far more useful as a singles star at this point in his career and Ziggler is pretty much persona non grata at this point in his career. Like, why would Roode even wanna bother with Dolph after this most recent cold spell of him looking like an absolute chump against everybody. And why would Dolph associate with Roode after that feud they had a couple years back where he bitched about Roode's theme and catchphrase (and gimmicks in general), but now here he is indulging in it all like he never led a crusade against it in the first place. And I agree with the consensus that them winning made the bulk of the tag team division look like chumps. There's a perfectly healthy Ascension and AOP somewhere backstage to step up in that spot if they weren't gonna go with either the Vikings or the Good Brothers, The Street Profits are already back there providing increasingly worn out exposition on the match rather than competing in it. This match reminded me that there's some depth in this division that's being mishandled and it sucks to see. Not how you wanna portray your tag division when AEW is looming on the horizon and their tag division is being built as one of their top priorities smh.

i had a feeling they'd go full Samoa Joe with this Orton/Kofi feud and it's probably why they downplayed the family aspect during Kofi's actual feud with Samoa Joe. It just comes off incredibly lazy to me when they copy something from one wrestler and just paste it onto another. I know Orton's attacked his share of families before, but it's felt like a while since he last did that and it just seems so synonymous with Joe now. I think they even recycled the whole "fan letter from the opponent's child" thing too, so that's like even more lazy.

these storylines with Roman's mystery attempted murderer and KO vs Shane have both really dropped in quality these last couple of weeks. It's bad enough they made KO genuinely grovel to Shane last week, but like, way to blow probably the one week that Shane isn't gonna be on television. The event of Shane's absence should've given Kevin free reign to raise all sorts hell while he's gone but all he really ended up doing was just beat up Elias. Again. Really takes the piss out of Owens being the next Stone Cold. So much for trying to bring back the teen demographic.

and this Reigns storyline has gone from promising to being a hodgepodge of the worst that soap operas have to offer. From the lame, awkward ass cliffhanger with Rowan's look alike last week to that "grand reveal" this week. And it's not so much that it was obviously Bryan and Rowan, but the way they went about was just ugh. Like, haven't they shown that exact camera shot, that exact angle in these promo packages and highlights of the initial angle and Rowan definitely was not there as clearly as he was here? He was like just super imposed in there. Did no one even bother to playback the security footage in its entirety when reviewing the tape? Did no one tending to Roman seriously see a giant hooded ginger beard man nonchalantly freakin walking away in plain sight? It looked like he would at least escape behind the curtains there at first, but no, he ended up going right in front of the curtains! And even more, why did they have Bryan immediately turn on Rowan (as good as his performance was)? he could've been all smarmy and be like "well that's him. that's the look alike from last week", the figure was at least covered up to the point where the evidence wasn't really that clear and really could've been either guy. That footage at least gave them the chance to play up that angle for more heat, but Bryan just conceded defeat without putting up more of an argument which his weird because Bryan seems much smarter than that. Makes the Imposter Rowan reveal feel that much more stupid if they weren't gonna go that route. The whole thing has just gotten completely stupid and I hate to be proving the point of Sami Zayn's critic of the critics shtick, but it's not like this storyline is being intentionally played for laughs. This is WWE when they're trying to be serious! They're currently making more money than they've ever had and THIS is the end product? It comes off looking so bush league. I really hope they can turn these around, but who knows mang. I feel that the saving grace for this story would be to have Bryan be yet another red herring, a placeholder feud leading to the actual reveal, and have the mastermind behind all of it be The Fiend, who's using Bray Wyatt's past history and influence over Rowan to make him do his bidding. Rowan's still denying his part, Bryan is hella convincing that even he wouldn't do such a thing, and it'd really add a darker layer to The Fiend and put him over the top as this force of true evil. If this is a route they're willing to take, I would put emphasis on Roman slowly going more and more dark side the deeper he looks into these attacks as a way of him "letting The Fiend in". He's been slinging accusations, attacking people to get information, make him more of a man possessed and paranoid as I'm sure most guys would be if someone was plotting to kill them. At that's been fantasy booking hour with OMJ for today.

And one more thing, as much as I like and admire the effort that both R-Truth and Drake Maverick have both put into making the 24/7 title something worthwhile, it's pretty exasperating to see that the title is pretty much the Truth & Maverick show at this point (with the odd Elias reign thrown in to milk that sweet Shane suspending the 24/7 rule the next night on Smackdown heat, although I'm genuinely surprised that didn't happen this week so cookie for them there). There's a whole bunch of mid card and lower guys who can be used to flesh this thing out even more. I was suprised that pregnant champion thing with Maria ended as quickly as it did. I would've like to have seen it play out a bit longer with Mike having to prove his worth as a man by protecting Maria from the constant danger, and have it eventually build up to Mike taking the belt back off her himself. They just, like, hot shotted it and we haven't seen them on Raw since. And then theres No Way Jose, who wants us to vote for him for some reason and I still don't know why. Just what is this campaign, use some gold as a platform to get his message heard to the masses. Have Heath use the title to support his kids! Mojo's character change was being built up for weeks and it just got dropped like his face and that's why it's shattered. Just why is Mojo a broken man and hate his reflection, it's something I and probably a lot of people can relate with, flesh it out! EC3 is the top 1%? Have him prove just that with a 24/7 reign where he can truly stand tall above all without holding one of the titles that matter. And let him have some interactions with Drake while doing it. Aleister Black wants a fight? Have him win the damn thing so that way, everyone would want to pick a fight with him! Get some of the women with nothing to do in on the action, since its already been established that a woman can hold the belt. Have Woken Matt use the title as an excuse to give us more of that good shit from the Hardy Compound. Have Senor Benjamin prepare the battlefield for war 24/7! Have more tag teams be co-champions. Can you imagine B-Team or Ryder & Hawkins or even New Day and The Usos fighting off all comers like back to back badasses. Continue having some of the old-timers come in to add some legitimacy without having to deal with the physical demands of an actual wrestling match, and a win over the established part-time names could maybe give a rub to whoever pins them. Go crazy and have inaminate objects win like DDT does if you want to add more comedy. Ever since this title has been introduced, I've been wanting to see a champion who would just go on a John Wick-style tear (just without the murder) through everybody, perhaps AJ Styles. He gives me the most Keanu Reeves vibes. Judging by how long this paragraph ended up being, there is a lot more they could with this belt mang.

hire me as an executive director too WWE please

• God Himself 1