• Advertisement

Is Barnacle Boy's Name Tim or Kyle?

Cha

In Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V, Barnacle Boy is called "Kyle" at the end. It was pretty cool that they revealed his name in it. However, in Mermaid Man begins, Barnacle Boy is named Tim after his voice actor respectfully. I figured it was probably just a minor continuity error as usual. And then I was viewing SpongeBob Comic #10 and when I saw this.

aOQqhu0.jpg

He's called Kyle again after so many years. Forgive me please if there have been other times when BB's name was used. I've only read a few of the SB comics. The narrator for Mermaid Man begins was probably right calling him Tim. It's possible that Kyle is either BB's middle name or a nickname given by Mermaid Man himself. What do you think?

In Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V, Barnacle Boy is called "Kyle" at the end. It was pretty cool that they revealed his name in it. However, in Mermaid Man begins, Barnacle Boy is named Tim after his voice actor respectfully. I figured it was probably just a minor continuity error as usual. And then I was viewing SpongeBob Comic #10 and when I saw this.

aOQqhu0.jpg

He's called Kyle again after so many years. Forgive me please if there have been other times when BB's name was used. I've only read a few of the SB comics. The narrator for Mermaid Man begins was probably right calling him Tim. It's possible that Kyle is either BB's middle name or a nickname given by Mermaid Man himself. What do you think?

Where are you getting these SB comics, I wanna read 'em

They're in any bookstore's newsstand. They're fun for light reads,though I've never bought one.

As for the topic at hand- I think BBs real name is Kyle, but his TV counterpart is named Tim, like how some shows based on superhero comics create alternate versions of the chracters.

They're in any bookstore's newsstand. They're fun for light reads,though I've never bought one.

As for the topic at hand- I think BBs real name is Kyle, but his TV counterpart is named Tim, like how some shows based on superhero comics create alternate versions of the chracters.

I have a link to a couple of the comics if you want it.