• Advertisement

Steven Universe

Jjs Goodman

does anyone here even watch this show anymore? Ok.

I still watch it but I can totally understand why people would bail on it after 2-3 years of unanswered questions and dragged on storylines but now we are finally getting answers and I'm so so so so so happy that I actually love this show again. I don't wanna say the wait was worth it because of the show's incapability of making us wait for so many unanswered and dropped plotines but dammit! I was so satisfied with the results. This week's S.t.e.v.e.n. bomb, aka Heart of the Crystal Gems, has been nothing but outstanding. I laughed, I smiled, I was shocked, I felt sad, I was on edge of my fucking seat. All episodes brought something unique to the table after the whole reveal of Rose's past that was revealed months ago. I loved each members of Crystal Gems trying to cope with the secrets and it made me prepared for the climax of the last episode of the week. There was even a surprising character that returned from past in one episode and I couldn't have asked more for the return. At its best, the show knows how to deal with twists and turns, as well as characters' emotions on revelations and their development from these experiences. And this arc has been probably my favorite out of all storylines the show made us through. Even some of dropped plot points returned and those left me so happy. The villains of the climax episode managed to be threatening and sympathetic. I adored the action scenes, as well as th show throwing some good humor in each episode. Amethyst and Peridot were on fire with so many jokes. Even animation at times felt pretty good. I do have nit-picks here and there but I don't think I have been this satisfied with a S.t.e.v.e.n Universe storyline since season 3 finale and that shit was 2 years ago. Just wow. Hats off the the cast and the crew for delivering us a powerful arc this week and I can't wait to see how season 5 will be resolved. I highly recommend fans of the show to catch up, so they can see this beauty. Holy fuck, I'm so happy with the show again.

Edited by jjsthekid
fuck m.d.p.p. for these censors
  • Like 1
  • God Himself 1

I guess it's just you and be WhoBob. But I've been with this show the whole time as you can tell, but this was definitely my favorite arc of the series so far. Since the reveal of Rose's secret, I've been wondering how everyone would react and it did not disappoint. I was literally at the edge of my seat at the end of every episode and the finale was spectacular with so many adorable moments and epic action. Along with many twists and turns that I did not see coming, like Bismuth. Now that the cat is out of the bag for the Diamonds, I wonder where the series will go now. Especially since we know next to nothing about White Diamond. I hope we don't get too long of a hiatus this time.

On 7/9/2018 at 11:36 PM, Lightning McStorm said:

That moment when Yellow and Blue are getting a redemption before Jasper.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this arc. Bismuth and Lapis are back, and Peridot and Lapis will get their stars. Plus, we may see White Diamond soon. Although I kinda already know who voices her.

if Yellow and Blue get redemption, I'm gonna be pissed. Not every character deserves redemption and while SU is built on the whole message of using talk and love to inspire/redeem people, some people are just irredeemable and I think the show needs to focus on that aspect. Yellow and Blue are dictators who mustn't turn into good people just for the whole Pink Diamond truth now. We still need some villains on the show and White Diamond shouldn't be the only one.

Ok, so they aired a new episode at SDCC and so...spoilers below!!!

• There is no new opening for the episode.

• Everybody is crying due to Blue. Yellow is angry that Steven didn't realize his identity sooner and still believes he may have some of Pink's memories. (Jungle Moon?)

• Steven tells the diamonds of corruption, they find it to be gross. He asks them to heal centipeedle and they oblige.

• Centipeedle is revealed to be Nephrite but her mind is messed up - she talks about what happened to her ship before becoming corrupted again. (

• White Diamond mention! - she hasn't left Homeworld in eons.

• They go to Pink's leg ship. Steven is able to activate the ship and they fly over Beach City (shot from the promo.) Blue gets emotional.

• Connie is going to Homeworld with the gems. Bismuth doesn't want to go but has confidence in Steven.

• The diamonds know the last six thousand years will look like an embarrassment to White.

• They arrive on Homeworld - it's destroyed. Implication is that it's due to WD.

• White Diamond and her Pearl are shown.

• WD calls Steven 'starlight' and thinks Pink was playing a game. He's transported to a room with pink bubbles.

• End of episode.

• zEmOqcy.jpg

• mHBySh1.jpg

• 2k_5MnePPsf6WNjAzeAwtMTfsjfxWeeo1UDm4c46

• Ok wow.

The new episode will be up today or tomrroww 

MOVIE CONFIRMED TEASER BELOW

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-comic-con-steven-universe-movie-20180721-story.html

Spoiler alert for lastest Steven Universe episode "Legs from Here to Homeworld"

well that was something and after this, I really felt like I needed to see more. iirc wasn't there supposed to be 26 episodes in season 5? If so, I really wanna see how this plays out because it just ended with a big reveal. We finally saw how White Diamond looks like and it has been set up from the moment we heard of diamond in the show and man, the wait finally paid off and not in a way I expected. I expected White Diamond to be really angry and very dictator-like after all talk about her temper and the look of White Pearl (so scary) but she was rather so cold, emotionless and fabric and that's how she should be. It makes sense how she's just there as a statue, rather than an actual person and I'm excited and terrified to see how they'll deal with her. Some small thing to discuss is that gem corruption can be fixed but with the help of four diamonds. three can bring a gem back for only in a short time. They need White Diamond and it's gonna be hard to convince her. I did not expect Nephrite to be a diamond supporter and that actually was a cool little twist. Not every gem hitting Earth is supposed to be not-Homeworld alike so. Bismuth actually got a better temporary write off than last time and it really made sense for her character (also poor Lapis and Peridot, I hope their relationship will be developed further in season 6). I'm not totally on board with Blue and Yellow siding with Crystial Gems but we'll see how it goes. Overall, I'm mostly impressed with how this episode turned out but again, it just ended too soon. I hope we get one last episode to close season 5 for real.

"Change Your Mind" was fucking amazing. Probably the best SU episode of the whole series. The music was beautiful and the animation was amazing, especially the facial expressions on White Diamond. Seeing the Gems in their new appearances and the new fusions was incredible. I was literally jumping out of my seat and screaming the whole time, especially during the confrontation with White Diamond, who was such an intimidating villain in this special. This whole thing felt like a series finale, but they do have the movie coming this fall (could this mean we won't have anymore episodes until then?!) I wonder what's gonna happen now.

• Like 2
  • Hug 1

ok I have some criticism for Change Your Mind special and I'm sure fandom will love to tear this special apart and I can't blame them for this but

it still worked out fine.

Spoiler

- My main criticism with this special overall is how quickly diamonds took 180 in their characterizations, especially White because Steven got in her "head". I still can't get over they are still responsible for taking over planets. Yeah, they uncorrupted gems but all the discrimination they put the gems through are just forgiven like that? Steven actually lets them go, despite there are still planets that they conquered? Maybe this will be the plot of s6 If it ever happens but idk, I felt like the crew probably thought they were gonna get canceled, so they kind of rushed the whole conclusion. Not that I didn't enjoy this special but I wish we'd have a more alternative solution to this problem because you just can't convince everyone to be better people and the crew should know that. Especially when it comes to actual dictators...

- We still didn't get an answer to what happened to the gems who got fused in the ballroom? are they still poofed? will we see them again? I DON'T KNOW.

- If this is the finale, Jasper's arc probably won't get a decent conclusion. It was good to see her but we still don't know what was up with her and Pink...

Getting my negatives out of the way, the special was just ugh... epic. The whole climax had a great pay off and it was so much fun and intense to see our favorite characters coming together to have a battle.

- BISMUTH, PERIDOT AND LAPIS ARE OK! AND THEY KICK SOME ASS. I'M SO HAPPY FOR THEM.

- NEW CRYSTAL GEM DESIGNS, NEW FUSIONS, WTF WAS THAT OUR 4 MAIN CHARACTERS' FUSION, SO INSANE.

- White Diamond, despite how I feel about her arc being resolved, she ended up being very intimidating villain for a short amount of time and I'm actually fine with it. She ended up being more terrifying for a short period of time and I don't think she would have worked as a villain more If she had more screentime, so she had a "perfect" amount of screentime to shine as a big bad.

- LARS AND SADIE REUNITE AND IT WAS SO SWEET. I'm glad at least everything in this season came into one episode.

- the humor was great, songs at the end were nice, action was suspenseful, animation was top notch. what else to say?

- So it seems Rose is actually gone and while I would be ok seeing her again, this was the better option. The gem turning into Pink Steven (nice foreshadowing? unintentional?) was a great twist that Steven was himself all along.

- uhhh I need sleep. and the movie is coming out in Fall. PREPARE FOR MORE HIATUSES!!! Unless we get s6.

so this special was almost everything I wanted for Steven Universe to do and despite how some arcs ended, this special was still very powerful and epic.

I don't exactly have a rating for this one but yeah, I enjoyed a lot of this.

• Like 2
  • Hug 1

I seriously have no words. This special was insaaaaaane. I am beyond satisfied. Like I seriously don't know what else to say holy shit.  

Spoiler

IS NO ONE GONNA TALK ABOUT THE ANIMATION IN THAT SCENE WHERE STEVEN IS HUGGING PINK STEVEN?? That was the best animation I've probably ever seen. It moved me so much it made me cry. God damn.

• Like 1
  • Happy 1
  • Hug 3

15 hours ago, Sauce Mama said:

I seriously have no words. This special was insaaaaaane. I am beyond satisfied. Like I seriously don't know what else to say holy shit.  

Hide contents

IS NO ONE GONNA TALK ABOUT THE ANIMATION IN THAT SCENE WHERE STEVEN IS HUGGING PINK STEVEN?? That was the best animation I've probably ever seen. It moved me so much it made me cry. God damn.

That part was done by James Baxter, a Disney animator. He also did a couple episodes of Adventure Time. I saw that part and was like "WOW!"

• Like 1
  • Happy 1
  • Wow 1