• Advertisement

Steven Universe

Jjs Goodman

You know what... two years later and I'm starting to agree with this. I mean, I like this show (I don't love it though like others), but I'm getting really sick of the obnoxious praise for this show wherever I go.

I'm also sick of people trashing AT now because of this show, but that's unrelated and a story for another time.

I've become quite enamored of this show over the course of its first season and now I really enjoy it. I like the animation, the music, the characters, the story, and even the humor is solid at times. It's probably my favorite current CN show.

Haven't really watched Adventure Time but I don't think it's fair for people to bash that show because of SU.

Long story short, no one likes raving fans.

• Like 1

I really don't get why people think it's okay to take this show and use it as some sort of trophy, then act condescending towards the ones who don't like it as much as they do. Yeah, I know every fandom has those kinds of people, but it seems especially evident when it comes to SU.

I really don't get why people think it's okay to take this show and use it as some sort of trophy, then act condescending towards the ones who don't like it as much as they do. Yeah, I know every fandom has those kinds of people, but it seems especially evident when it comes to SU.

Because it's super popular with tumblr and tumblr is full of people who like to act condescending to people who don't believe in what they do.

• Like 2

Because it's super popular with tumblr and tumblr is full of people who like to act condescending to people who don't believe in what they do.

this is why I don't interact with fandoms on Tumblr a lot :P

Tumblr definitely goes way too far with this show.

------

On a side note, i've been watching the new episodes, and they're pretty good. This show is still going strong, in my opinion. Keep it up. 

Cry for Help was really something, but something throughout the episode kept bothering me.

Spoiler

rC3gr4p.jpg?1

dPFdyxO.png?1

This guy has an N64 (Rose's Room) AND a Gamecube. 

And there's no way that game lying off to the right isn't Animal Crossing.

I like this kid

Tumblr definitely goes way too far with this show.

------

On a side note, i've been watching the new episodes, and they're pretty good. This show is still going strong, in my opinion. Keep it up. 

Cry for Help was really something, but something throughout the episode kept bothering me.

Spoiler

rC3gr4p.jpg?1

dPFdyxO.png?1

This guy has an N64 (Rose's Room) AND a Gamecube. 

And there's no way that game lying off to the right isn't Animal Crossing.

I like this kid

The show always has fun little easter eggs like that. For example...

Spoiler

bae.png

On 5/27/2013 at 8:04 AM, Steel Sponge said:

From my views, pretty much ANOTHER Flapjack/Adventure Time-looking show, which is also apparently some kind of harem, if not actually one. I want to this see this though, but I can't say that I'm a big fan.

Oh wow, I don't know how I should even bother with this being my first impression.

Anyways, guess who finally got around to checking out Steven Universe? My thoughts so far? I'm loving it. I'm loving the characters and I'm loving the storylines. Definitely one of the best shows CN's got to offer.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 2