• Advertisement

Steven Universe

Jjs Goodman

Heh heh.

tumblr_l44ox3Cml21qatput.gif

Not everyone. There ARE people out there who don't like Gravity Falls, though not commonly standing out. Also, Flapjack is actually commonly disliked, and I've seen a lot of people (real life and internet) who do not like Adventure Time.

yo i bet you made this post just to use the miles edgeworth gif

• Like 6

So many people are freaking out about how amazing this is, and I'm just like "...meh".

It looks fine and all, and I'm sure it'll be a pretty cool show, but I wasn't sold on the pilot at all.  It's probably just because Steven said "she won't let me see the thing!" or something to that tumblr-effect.  That word's getting really annoying.

Personally, I'm more excited about the other show (the one about a strip mall for superheroes), but this is gonna be just fine too.  There's an obnoxious number of people praising the pilot though, that's for sure.

Saw the pilot and the first episode and I'm still sticking to this. The theme song is really annoying, Steven singing is really annoying, and Amethyst is really annoying. I can get past all that because there's a lot more to the show (holy hell do I love some of the character designs - that guy with the gauges in particular has a great design), but until something spectacular happens then this'll remain strictly "alright" to me.

The first episode of this show was pretty decent, and I'm sure that it will get even better as it goes along. In most cases, things get better with time! :D And yes, I am well aware that there are some cases where things DON'T get better with time, but that's a matter to be saved for a DIFFERENT topic debate! B)

I've heard good things about this show and I decided to watch the first episodes. I watched the first episodes and both of them are great.

First episode, Gem Glow episode and It was pretty good. It was enjoyable but It didn't make me laugh much. 8.5/10

Second episode, Laser Light Cannon was good too. This episode has more funny moments than Gem Glow but It's still not funny. The song in this episode was very good and It was the best part of this episode in my opiinon. 8.5/10

Good and interesting show so far. The plots are interesting, characters are great, the animation is good and the theme song is catchy. There's no humor in this show so far in my opinion but I hope It makes me laugh soon. Steven kinda remined me of Milo from Fish Hooks, which is an awesome and funny character in my opinion. I hope Steven is very funny as Milo too. This show still not awesome as Regular Show but It's a little better than Adventure Time so far.

It attracts people of all ages; that's Cartoon Network's new schtick.

That's actually a pretty BRILLIANT strategy all things considering!!!! :D My favorite episode segment of "Steven Universe" so far is "Frybo." It made me ROFL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Enough said! ;)

Still have yet to be impressed by an episode. Rebecca Sugar comes off as annoyingly quirky and saccharine and the show embodies too much of that for me to enjoy. I don't think the character animation is particularly good at all, and I really don't like how people think the faces are hilarious even though they don't seem intentional and instead seem to be a by-product of bad animation (it looks like more attention is being paid to the backgrounds than the characters, which is fine, since they're great backgrounds). The themes and messages are fine, and I like that cartoons are starting to get better writing/moral-wise (storylines and junk; not dialogue, because I think general dialogue/joke-wise cartoons are in a huge decline thanks to the Internet), but the show itself is just too much of "the tumblr cartoon" for me to enjoy.

Still have yet to be impressed by an episode. Rebecca Sugar comes off as annoyingly quirky and saccharine and the show embodies too much of that for me to enjoy. I don't think the character animation is particularly good at all, and I really don't like how people think the faces are hilarious even though they don't seem intentional and instead seem to be a by-product of bad animation (it looks like more attention is being paid to the backgrounds than the characters, which is fine, since they're great backgrounds). The themes and messages are fine, and I like that cartoons are starting to get better writing/moral-wise (storylines and junk; not dialogue, because I think general dialogue/joke-wise cartoons are in a huge decline thanks to the Internet), but the show itself is just too much of "the tumblr cartoon" for me to enjoy.

Based on one of your earlier posts, I thought you loved the character designs.

Based on one of your earlier posts, I thought you loved the character designs.

I do. Did I come off like I don't anymore? Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I really really like the aesthetic of the show; the backgrounds, color, and character designs are all phenomenal, especially for a TV show. The design of something and the animation of something, though, are two totally different things, and I really don't like the animation at all (especially the wonky facial expressions, like I said in my previous post).

I do. Did I come off like I don't anymore? Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I really really like the aesthetic of the show; the backgrounds, color, and character designs are all phenomenal, especially for a TV show. The design of something and the animation of something, though, are two totally different things, and I really don't like the animation at all (especially the wonky facial expressions, like I said in my previous post).

Tbh, the animation doesn't really bother me, though I admit the stars in Steven's eyes are a bit overdone.

I've found myself really enjoying the episodes I've seen. Granted, that hasn't been many, but so far, I'm really impressed by the show.

There's an obnoxious number of people praising the pilot though, that's for sure.

You know what... two years later and I'm starting to agree with this. I mean, I like this show (I don't love it though like others), but I'm getting really sick of the obnoxious praise for this show wherever I go.

I'm also sick of people trashing AT now because of this show, but that's unrelated and a story for another time.

• Like 2

I've become quite enamored of this show over the course of its first season and now I really enjoy it. I like the animation, the music, the characters, the story, and even the humor is solid at times. It's probably my favorite current CN show.

Haven't really watched Adventure Time but I don't think it's fair for people to bash that show because of SU.

• Like 1