• Advertisement

Steven Universe

Jinjo

Literally, the only name I recognized in the music playlist was Aimee Mann, and THAT was because she was the lead singer of the 1980's music group, Til' Tuesday! :rolleyes: The visuals in the trailer looked great, though. So I can't wait to see how the movie actually plays out. Enough said, true believers! ;)

• God Himself 1
  • Hug 2

You know, from that trailer, the movie is shaping up to be VERY similar to the "Dragonball Z" animated movie, "Tree of Might". Only, instead of using a tree to make the Earth wither up and die, the main villain is using a machine. Still, looks very good! :D I am SO excited for this, and I WILL watch this movie when it come out! :cool: Enough said, true believers! ;)

• Hug 1

This movie was truly wonderful in terms of Steven Universe. I wouldn't call it as grand as Change Your Mind was, but it was still enjoyable coming off of that special.

Spoiler

First off, the animation was gorgeous. The opening was impressive with the storybook narration, it was like I was watching a Disney movie.

All the songs were of course really well done. I found myself singing along like Let Us Adore You, Happily Ever After, and True Kinda Love.

The part with the Crystal Gems reverting to their original program was amusing, especially Pearl becoming Greg's slave, though I never expected Amethyst becoming a blank slate. Her behavior in the flashback episodes kinda makes sense now.

The reveal of the fusion "Steg" was such a surprise, it was also hilarious. While I would've rather have seen that Peridot/Lapis fusion and I was anticipating more new fusions, I still enjoyed seeing this new one.

The main villain, Spinel, was an interesting threat, though I was able to figure out her purpose as the movie went on. The reveal of her backstory was interesting as it also showed what a selfish person Pink Diamond really was despite learning to be more compassionate after going to Earth. The final fight between her and Steven was great. I know people here are gonna complain that Spinel was yet another enemy who was redeemed by Steven, though you could argue that it took him longer than White Diamond, and we all know that Steven Universe is a show that tries to show that there is good in everyone and it's Steven's goal to change them for the better. Course if you think about it, the Diamonds may be better, they still can't completely get over their loss of Pink Diamond since they want Steven to be with them to fill the void and them taking Spinel cuz she reminds them of her shows that.

Still this was a very beautiful and entertaining movie, and I would definitely watch it again and listen to the soundtrack. But I can't help but be curious of how they will continue to series since it still leaves everything concluded. Maybe show what happened between the last episode of the series and the timeskip since we still don't know what happened to Jasper and Pink Pearl. But I'd still be interested to see how they would continue to the series further.

The first four episodes of Future were really amazing. I like what they're doing with Jasper so far and I'm curious as to where they're gonna go with her and if she really will be the only Gem Steven can't redeem. It was really interesting to see the other Gems as well, even the Zoomens, especially seeing what the real Rose Quartz are like. It was real worth it to see more of Pink Pearl aka Volleyball. I'm not surprised about the truth of what happened to her eye, but I liked Pearl fusion that appeared. I can't wait to see the next episodes.

• Hug 1

On 3/20/2020 at 10:53 PM, NegiSpongie said:

Well, Jasper has finally been redeemed. And all it took was Steven shattering her!

Series finale premiering next Friday. 

SBC will always be our family ;(

Well, Steven Universe is finally over, and...oh my god, I choked up and it had me in tears.

Spoiler

Homeworld Bound -  A great episode to start the finale off (though I did see it a few days early since CN released it). It was a real treat getting to see Spinel again. I was always wondering what the Diamonds would do now that they're not universal conquerors anymore. But seeing Yellow repair all the Gem experiments, Blue making pot clouds, and White letting people control her for a change was really interesting. What became more shocking seeing Steven try to shatter his own grandmother- and losing his sandal on the way out Cinderella style.

Everything's Fine - I always did theorize that Steven was becoming a Diamond what with his colorization, mood swings, and diamond shaped pupils. I thought it was true and the past few episodes and this one almost confirmed it. Seeing Steven slowly lose his sanity as he tries to deny his feelings. Also I lol'd that they actually hid the fact whether Volleyball's eye was fixed or not. Then came the theory everyone was predicting: Corrupted Steven.

I Am My Monster - Seeing Steven turn into a monster was both a thrilling and heartbreaking experience, as was everything the Gems had to do to bring him to normal. That ending was so perfect. I was just in tears at the end. It's pretty amazing that the show didn't need a flashy climactic battle to end the series, but used communication to save the day like the show has always stood by.

The Future - I wasn't expecting this episode to take place months after the last episode. I'm pretty curious what happened in between all that stuff, though it was a relief to hear that Steven actually did end up going to therapy. Now Steven is going to see the world on his own (also 39 states?). This ending was also a real tearjerker, watching Steven say goodbye to everyone while the three he is closest to are revealed to have been holding back their tears, only to break down the minute Steven returns to question them about it. And it was nice to see the Cookie Cat song that started the series.

While there are a few things I wished they elaborated on more. I was overly satisfied with the ending.

I'll never forget what a beautiful and groundbreaking series this was, and the wonderful soundtrack this series had. It will always be one of my favorite series.

• Like 2