• Advertisement

Scrapped Episode Concepts & Titles

Elastic Dawg

The episode ''Bossy Boots'' has an alternate title called ''Working Pearl''. I say 'alternate' because on the whole twenty four hour Best Day Ever marathon that happened about... maybe... two years ago(?). On the episode countdown thing, they said ''Working Pearl'' instead of ''Bossy Boots'', and ''Bossy Boots'' still showed up as the title card.

I guess that just counts as a goof, or something.

''FrankenDoodle'' was originally going to be about DoodleBob masquerading as SpongeBob and rampaging into Bikini Bottom to pull pranks on everyone. Everyone would think that DoodleBob was the real SpongeBob and hate him. So SpongeBob and Patrick would set out and erase him for good.

It's not really all that different from the actual episode (except for the fact that DoodleBob masquerades as SpongeBob and goes on a pranking spree), but I guess it counts.

Additions:

Cancelled episodes:

"Uncle Sherm's Visit"

Uncle Sherm pays a visit to SpongeBob. Scenes in the episode would have included Squidward complaining about Uncle Sherm's smelly socks, Uncle Sherm overstaying his welcome at SpongeBob's pineapple, and Patrick having an uncle seen in the end.

There used to be storyboard drawings from this episode online somewhere, but the site unfortunately no longer exists.

Episode title changes:

Krabs in Love --> Krusty Love

I Got You, Krabs --> Krusty Love

The Bus --> Rock Bottom

Safety Freak --> I Had an Accident

Summer of Sponge --> SpongeGuard on Duty

Spongey Dearest --> Rock a Bye Bivalve

Plankton's Last Stand --> Plankton's Army

April Fools --> Fools in April

The Spatula and the Stove --> Neptune's Spatula

SuperFriends --> Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V

Words or Less --> Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II

-''FrankenDoodle'' was originally going to be about DoodleBob masquerading as SpongeBob and rampaging into Bikini Bottom to pull pranks on everyone. Everyone would think that DoodleBob was the real SpongeBob and hate him. So SpongeBob and Patrick would set out and erase him for good.

This one's really interesting. It sounds like more of a post-movie episode, but I imagine that they would have made it work well in Season 2. Still, I'm happy with how the episode turned out so it was probably for the best that they changed it.

Totally agree, that would've been confusing as hell. I'm glad they changed a lot of these episode titles.

Ditto. I mean, what the heck does the "Abra Ca" bit have to do with Patrick falling off a cliff anyway? Unless this is a possible hint that the original episode plot had magic being the reason Patrick became smart...but maybe they decided against it and made Hocus Pocus. Hmm...that wouldn't be a bad episode plot actually, depending on what the writers did with it. 428899.gif

Dang...that would have made the episode really weird.

More scrapped titles:

Down and Out in Bikini Bottom --> Can You Spare a Dime?

SpongeBob 3000 --> SB-129

SpongeJaws --> Clams

Naked Pants --> Pranks a Lot

Litter Bug --> SpongeBob Meets the Strangler

In Search of Ma and Pa Sponge --> Blackjack