• Advertisement

Season 8 VS. Season 4

PatBack

Gaaahh, this is going to be kinda difficult.

From the top of my head, I'd definitely pick season 4 over 8. The popular opinion of both is that they're the "savior seasons of post". :P Season 4 had flowing animation and the plots were allowed to be more creative. That doesn't mean 8 doesn't have any cool stories though. Out of 6-8, I'd definitely pick 8. It revived some of the appeal from pre and early post, with less gross out humor and etc. Most if not all of them had original stories (even if they were mostly KK related).

Season 4 was the closest to 3 and therefore wasn't as tainted imo. Enemy in Law is such a masterpiece that I swear it could come out of S3 and etc episodes do the same effect. While S4 didn't have all the episodes working for it, (Funny Pants, SquidBob TentaclePants) it did provide some weird yet entertaining episodes. I still kinda shy away from Fear of a Krabby Patty and other episodes just because they still give me that uncomfortable feeling. I don't know, could it be I'm giving into popular opinion that S4 > S8?

Well no, again the fluency in characters was allowed to be more expanded on in S4. They took more risks and most of them worked out. I really don't understand when people call s4 a bad season when only a very few of them were bad. (I counted only 3 or so.)

Season 8, however I don't find Season 4 to be as mediocre as some are insisting.  Yeah sure Season 4 has some very bad episodes, but not all of Season 8 is as great as some consider it to be.  Looking back, I think Season 8 has it's fair amount of very bad episodes like Are You Happy Now and Barnacle Face.  I still find Season 8 to be a pleasant surprise, but definitely not as good as I once considered it.

• Funny 1

Season 8 is the best season obviously

In all seriousness though, I'd rather take Season 4, a good season overall, over Season 8, a rather mediocre at best season. That's not saying Season 4 was free of flaws (Squid Wood, The Thing, etc.) or Season 8 was totally devoid of good episodes (Planet of the Jellyfish, Drive Thru, etc.) though.