• Advertisement

Season 8 VS. Season 4

PatBack

What are your opinions on both seasons, and which one do you think is better? For me, it's Season 8. Don't get me wrong though, Season 4 was a good season. But when the episode were bad then, they WERE bad. Good Neighbors alone lowers the score.

• Funny 2

I far prefer Season 8. The thought of Season 4, for me, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'll go through a side-by-side comparison to support my opinion, because I'm fairly certain most people believe Season 4 is the better season.

1.) Fear of a Krabby Patty/Shell of a Man vs. Accidents Will Happen/The Other Patty (Season 4)

Season 4 definitely takes the cake. Accidents Will Happen, although not as terrible as its title may lead you to believe, isn't up to par with the Season 4 pairing. The Other Patty is enjoyable, but not nearly as memorable as Fear of a Krabby Patty/Shell of a Man.

2.) The Lost Mattress/Krabs vs. Plankton vs Drive Thru/The Hot Shot (Season 4)

Another win for Season 4, and I really shouldn't have to go into detail for this. I actually thought The Lost Mattress was a Season 3 episode before I looked itup.

3.) Have You Seen This Snail? vs. A Friendly Game/Sentimental Sponge (Season 4)

Although the memory of Have You Seen This Snail? is scathed by a Creepypasta, it's still the most emotional episode of the series. However, A Friendly Game had me cracking up with the way SpongeBob screams, "AH, WHERE DID OUR BALLS GO!?" Anyone who doesn't have their mind in the gutter won't really appreciate that one, though.

4.) Skill Crane/Good Neighbors vs. Frozen Face-Off (Season 8)

Good lord, Frozen Face-Off is the obvious winner here. Good Neighbors and Skill Crane were the first signs of a decline for SpongeBob, I think.

5.) Selling Out/Funny Pants vs. Squidward's School For Grownups/Oral Report (Season 4)

I think both of these pairings are the same in terms of quality, although Selling Out is far more memorable than the other three segments, and I enjoy it every time I see it, giving Season 4 a slight edge.

6.) Dunces and Dragons vs. Sweet and Sour Squidward/The Googly Artist (Season 4)

Season 4 takes the cake yet again, although just barely. Dunces and Dragons does have the advantage of being a special; Sweet and Sour Squidward is a stellar episode, but doesn't overpower Dunces and Dragons in terms of creativity, enjoyability, production, and humor.

7.) MermaidMan and Barnacle Boy VI/Enemy-In-Law vs. A SquarePants Family Vacation (Season 4)

Once again, before I actually looked it up, I thought MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy VI: The Motion Picture was a Season 3 episode; same with Enemy-In-Law. That being said, those two easily overpower the vacation special from Season 8.

8.) Patrick Smartpants/SquidBob TentaclePants vs. Patrick's Staycation/Walking the Plankton (Season 8)

After a string of great episodes, Season 4 once again reverts to Skill Crane/Good Neighbor-quality. Patrick's Staycation/Walking the Plankton, while not amazing, easily beats out its Season 4 counterpart.

9.) Krusty Towers/Mrs. Puff, You're Fired vs. Mooncation/Mr. Krabs Takes A Vacation (Season 4)

No comparison needed. Mooncation was actually a good episode, but still lags behind Krusty Towers.

10.) Chimps Ahoy/Ghost Host vs. Ghoul Fools (Season 8)

Two episodes involving the Dutchman, pitted head-to-head! Overall, Ghoul Fools was the better episode in every category. It was memorable, hilarious, interesting (not one drab moment, which can't be said about Ghost Host), the characters all bounced off each other effortlessly, and it was just a pleasure to watch.

11.) Whale of a Birthday/Karate Island vs. MermaidMan Begins/Plankton's Good Eye (Season 4)

Whale of a Birthday was hilarious, and a memorable episode. Karate Island was horrible, but had a far more interesting premise than Plankton's Good Eye. MermaidMan Begins was an awesome episode, and was very interesting to watch, but is stale in terms of humor. For that, I'll have to give this to Season 4.

12.) All That Glitters/Wishing You Well vs. Barnacle Face/Pet Sitter Pat (Season 4)

All That Glitters, Barnacle Face, and Pet Sitter Pat all sucked horribly. Wishing You Well was amazing.

13.) New Leaf/Once Bitten vs. House Sittin' For Sandy/Smooth Jazz in Bikini Bottom (Season 8)

Season 8 definitely had the better pairing here. New Leaf/Once Bitten were very plain episodes, whereas the Season 8 pairing was enjoyable and had a good amount of humor.

14.) Bummer Vacation/Wigstruck vs. The Way of the Sponge/Bubble Troubles (Season 8)

Easily goes to The Way of the Sponge/Bubble Troubles. Wigstruck was an atrocity; it really gave us a glimpse at what Season 6 would hold.

15.) Squidtastic Voyage/That's No Lady vs. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom/Bubble Buddy Returns (Season 8)

Squidtastic Voyage was creative and interesting, although lacked humor. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom, on the other hand, was hilarious, yet also engaging and interesting. Bubble Buddy Returns also beats out That's No Lady by a long shot. Easily goes to Season 8.

16.) Hocus Pocus/The Thing vs. Restraining SpongeBob/Fiasco! (Season 8)

Hocus Pocus is another preview of Season 6. The Thing, on the other hand, was bland and mediocre. Restraining SpongeBob was sort of just there, but Fiasco! was a very enjoyable episode.

17.) Driven to Tears/Rule of the Dumb vs. Are You Happy Now?/Planet of the Jellyfish (Season 8)

Are You Happy Now? was horrible, but the absolute perfection that was Planet of the Jellyfish puts Season 8 over the edge.

18.) Best Frenemies/Born To Be Wild vs. Free Samples/Home Sweet Rubble (Season 8)

Free Samples/Home Sweet Rubble blows the Season 4 pairing out of the water so badly it's not even funny.

19.) Squid Wood/The Pink Purloiner vs. Karen 2.0/inSPONGEiac (Season 8)

InSPONGEiac was a hilarious episode, and although Karen 2.0 wasn't as funny, it was far better than Squid Wood. The Pink Purloiner was unforgettable and boring.

20.) Best Day Evers/Gift of Gum vs. Face Freeze/Glove World RIP (Season 8)

lol no comparison necessary.

Now, Season 8 is six episodes longer than Season 4, and includes great episodes like Chum Fricassee, Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up Is Go!, For Here or to Go, Hello Bikini Bottom, and It's A SpongeBob Christmas, all of which make up for some of Season 8's blunders. Now, tallying up the comparisons, each season has the following scores:

Season 4: 9 wins

Season 8: 11 wins

That's why I prefer Season 8. Feel free to disagree.

I choose VS

Most underrated season ever.

Yes, season versus is a very underrated season. Many say it can't compete with the other seasons in quality, but I digress.

Please stay on topic.

• Funny 2

I far prefer Season 8. The thought of Season 4, for me, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'll go through a side-by-side comparison to support my opinion, because I'm fairly certain most people believe Season 4 is the better season.

1.) Fear of a Krabby Patty/Shell of a Man vs. Accidents Will Happen/The Other Patty (Season 4)

Season 4 definitely takes the cake. Accidents Will Happen, although not as terrible as its title may lead you to believe, isn't up to par with the Season 4 pairing. The Other Patty is enjoyable, but not nearly as memorable as Fear of a Krabby Patty/Shell of a Man.

2.) The Lost Mattress/Krabs vs. Plankton vs Drive Thru/The Hot Shot (Season 4)

Another win for Season 4, and I really shouldn't have to go into detail for this. I actually thought The Lost Mattress was a Season 3 episode before I looked itup.

3.) Have You Seen This Snail? vs. A Friendly Game/Sentimental Sponge (Season 4)

Although the memory of Have You Seen This Snail? is scathed by a Creepypasta, it's still the most emotional episode of the series. However, A Friendly Game had me cracking up with the way SpongeBob screams, "AH, WHERE DID OUR BALLS GO!?" Anyone who doesn't have their mind in the gutter won't really appreciate that one, though.

4.) Skill Crane/Good Neighbors vs. Frozen Face-Off (Season 8)

Good lord, Frozen Face-Off is the obvious winner here. Good Neighbors and Skill Crane were the first signs of a decline for SpongeBob, I think.

5.) Selling Out/Funny Pants vs. Squidward's School For Grownups/Oral Report (Season 4)

I think both of these pairings are the same in terms of quality, although Selling Out is far more memorable than the other three segments, and I enjoy it every time I see it, giving Season 4 a slight edge.

6.) Dunces and Dragons vs. Sweet and Sour Squidward/The Googly Artist (Season 4)

Season 4 takes the cake yet again, although just barely. Dunces and Dragons does have the advantage of being a special; Sweet and Sour Squidward is a stellar episode, but doesn't overpower Dunces and Dragons in terms of creativity, enjoyability, production, and humor.

7.) MermaidMan and Barnacle Boy VI/Enemy-In-Law vs. A SquarePants Family Vacation (Season 4)

Once again, before I actually looked it up, I thought MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy VI: The Motion Picture was a Season 3 episode; same with Enemy-In-Law. That being said, those two easily overpower the vacation special from Season 8.

8.) Patrick Smartpants/SquidBob TentaclePants vs. Patrick's Staycation/Walking the Plankton (Season 8)

After a string of great episodes, Season 4 once again reverts to Skill Crane/Good Neighbor-quality. Patrick's Staycation/Walking the Plankton, while not amazing, easily beats out its Season 4 counterpart.

9.) Krusty Towers/Mrs. Puff, You're Fired vs. Mooncation/Mr. Krabs Takes A Vacation (Season 4)

No comparison needed. Mooncation was actually a good episode, but still lags behind Krusty Towers.

10.) Chimps Ahoy/Ghost Host vs. Ghoul Fools (Season 8)

Two episodes involving the Dutchman, pitted head-to-head! Overall, Ghoul Fools was the better episode in every category. It was memorable, hilarious, interesting (not one drab moment, which can't be said about Ghost Host), the characters all bounced off each other effortlessly, and it was just a pleasure to watch.

11.) Whale of a Birthday/Karate Island vs. MermaidMan Begins/Plankton's Good Eye (Season 4)

Whale of a Birthday was hilarious, and a memorable episode. Karate Island was horrible, but had a far more interesting premise than Plankton's Good Eye. MermaidMan Begins was an awesome episode, and was very interesting to watch, but is stale in terms of humor. For that, I'll have to give this to Season 4.

12.) All That Glitters/Wishing You Well vs. Barnacle Face/Pet Sitter Pat (Season 4)

All That Glitters, Barnacle Face, and Pet Sitter Pat all sucked horribly. Wishing You Well was amazing.

13.) New Leaf/Once Bitten vs. House Sittin' For Sandy/Smooth Jazz in Bikini Bottom (Season 8)

Season 8 definitely had the better pairing here. New Leaf/Once Bitten were very plain episodes, whereas the Season 8 pairing was enjoyable and had a good amount of humor.

14.) Bummer Vacation/Wigstruck vs. The Way of the Sponge/Bubble Troubles (Season 8)

Easily goes to The Way of the Sponge/Bubble Troubles. Wigstruck was an atrocity; it really gave us a glimpse at what Season 6 would hold.

15.) Squidtastic Voyage/That's No Lady vs. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom/Bubble Buddy Returns (Season 8)

Squidtastic Voyage was creative and interesting, although lacked humor. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom, on the other hand, was hilarious, yet also engaging and interesting. Bubble Buddy Returns also beats out That's No Lady by a long shot. Easily goes to Season 8.

16.) Hocus Pocus/The Thing vs. Restraining SpongeBob/Fiasco! (Season 8)

Hocus Pocus is another preview of Season 6. The Thing, on the other hand, was bland and mediocre. Restraining SpongeBob was sort of just there, but Fiasco! was a very enjoyable episode.

17.) Driven to Tears/Rule of the Dumb vs. Are You Happy Now?/Planet of the Jellyfish (Season 8)

Are You Happy Now? was horrible, but the absolute perfection that was Planet of the Jellyfish puts Season 8 over the edge.

18.) Best Frenemies/Born To Be Wild vs. Free Samples/Home Sweet Rubble (Season 8)

Free Samples/Home Sweet Rubble blows the Season 4 pairing out of the water so badly it's not even funny.

19.) Squid Wood/The Pink Purloiner vs. Karen 2.0/inSPONGEiac (Season 8)

InSPONGEiac was a hilarious episode, and although Karen 2.0 wasn't as funny, it was far better than Squid Wood. The Pink Purloiner was unforgettable and boring.

20.) Best Day Evers/Gift of Gum vs. Face Freeze/Glove World RIP (Season 8)

lol no comparison necessary.

Now, Season 8 is six episodes longer than Season 4, and includes great episodes like Chum Fricassee, Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up Is Go!, For Here or to Go, Hello Bikini Bottom, and It's A SpongeBob Christmas, all of which make up for some of Season 8's blunders. Now, tallying up the comparisons, each season has the following scores:

Season 4: 9 wins

Season 8: 11 wins

That's why I prefer Season 8. Feel free to disagree.

Please stay on topic.

You have the same idea as me. S4 had some spectacular episodes but the ones that were bad..... THOSE were really bad.

And while doing so, care to explain why you haven't updated your Season 8 list?

What? How is that relevant? If I may redirect you here, you'll see I've already given an incredibly detailed analysis of why Season 8 is superior to Season 4, so I don't see how my Top Season 8 list has anything to do with asking Steel to explain his opinion.

Please stay on topic.

I was making a joke, dude. :P If I don't have anything interesting to say about the center of the topic, I don't say it. As long as I don't start spamming or going on about what Bobby is doing with that girl, I don't see what the big deal is.

This is like 99% and 1%. And apparently I'm on the 1% because IM ONE OF THE ONLY ONES WHO LIKES SEASON 4 BETTER. <_< Season 8 doesn't take the cake, many episodes were boring, and then there was also the monstrosity known as Face Freeze. That episode is just disturbing to the max. :S