• Advertisement

MoBrosStudios Top 20 Worst SpongeBob Episodes - Fan Edition

Jjs Goodman

So if you guys remember MoBrosStudios' first countdown here, he has released a new one, voted on by his fans.

Part 1:

Spoiler

Part 2:

Spoiler

Edit: Well now that both parts are out, I thought a lot of good points were made, even though like as always, I didn't agree with some. But still, it was another interesting watch.

I can't believe Trenchbillies is at #11. I loved that episode (Remember when I had that PatBob smooch? [EDIT: My sig has that pic]). I never saw it as stereotypical or involving incest (Mike, it's not insect), but it was funny. Maybe if it was more below, I'd be okay. But it was not worse than "The Main Drain". I know this isn't MoBros' thoughts though, but it's the public, so eh.

Edited by Maxwell's Silver Hammer

jjs asked me to do a commentary for this version of the list, and I'm more than happy to oblige.

Spoiler

20. A Flea in Her Dome - It's not my favorite episode, but I'll admit that I'm surprised that so many people chose this one

19. The Main Drain - "And people wonder why the show's going down the drain." i c wut u did thar

18. All That Glitters - Why wasn't this on the original list? Oh right, because MB is an idiot

17. Demolition Doofus - Puff's out of character, so this was automatically one of the worst episodes of the series ever. I'm starting to question this fan-voted list

16. Wigstruck - I was just mocking MoBros, and now I'm agreeing with him! This episode came from out of nowhere.

15. Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy - I like it for the sexual innuendo

14. Toy Store of Doom - I'd say that this is in Tom Kenny's top three, but Slide Whistle Stooges is in his Top Ten, so I don't know how much credence his judgements have

13. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants - So MB's problem with this one is that it reminded him of Best Day Ever. It seems that his opinions are getting as original as these episodes

12. Stuck in the Wringer - Sentient object joke: A Mario recolor whines about how his cartoons aren't like they were ten years ago

11. Trenchbillies - I'm starting to feel like a lot of these episodes are only here because they were released later than the episodes that actually deserve these spots

So yeah. Democracy. Pretty awesome.

• Like 5

Welp, here we are again on the episode ountdown list. *grabs popcorn* Man I just love his jokes in between each of these, bravo for those.

Squidward in Clarientland: Sure it was a trippy episode, but the actual plotline wasn't that bad so I agree with MBS here.

Greasy Buffoons: MSB had a really good point, Mr. Krabs does have a new personality that annoys me. I thought that this episode was pointless and I wish Mr. Krabs had a little more dignity when selling pure grease to the customers but hey that's Mr. Krabs these days.

Fungus Among Us: The episode was dull like he said and I really don't have any complaints about his opinions here. I don't remember it being that dull like he said but that's just me.

Squid Wood: After watching this episode millions of times myself I can say that it is probably one of my least favorites on this list. Maybe it's because I have overwatched it, but I wish Squidward could have gotten more love in this one.

SpongeBob vs the Big One: Hm let's see here, I did personally think it was a little underwhelming, they could have added some more story with JKL. The episode itself wasn't that bad, I enjoyed the little montage of Squidward, Patrick and SpongeBob making their way up to JKL, the song was a pretty touch. The Sandy part of the story was kind of pointless, I didn't mind Mr Krabs' side as much.

Karate Island: Oh dear remind me how this was number one on that SpongeBob list? Good episode, the fight scenes weren't that great butI thought the rest of the episode was good.

A Pal For Gary: I have only seen this episode a few times, but I agree that SpongeBob was painfully dumb in this one. The joke where SpongeBob was obvilous was fun for a while, but I dislike how he was oblivious even when Puffy Fluffy turned into that monster. I don't really have a problem with this one though.

WhoBob WhatPants: Welp, here comes my least favorite special. I felt like the story was pretty bland while in New Kelp City. I did like however that all the gang teamed up to help SpongeBob.

Face Freeze: Oh cmon, guys sure the faces are creepy and stuff, but it wasn't that bad to be number 2. I agree with MBS that when Sandy said "You guys need help", I thought it was clever when they used her words later on to help SB and Pat.

Truth or Square: I don't think Truth or Square, sure the special didn't really give away any secrets or actual shocking information but I don't think it should have been that high on the list.

20. A Flea in Her Dome: Meh

19. The Main Drain: My surprise? This is on the list unlike some other obvious candidates such as One Coarse Meal and Battle of Bikini Bottom.

18. All That Glitters: This episode...is NUMBER EIGHTEEN!?!?!?

17. Demolition Doofus: I'd have to agree that they psychologized (is that even a word?) Mrs. Puff's character, but not in Neptune's name that this should be any higher than All That Glitters from the fans' perspectives.

16. Wigstrick: Higher than All That Glitters, still apalled.

15. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy: It at least had Sandy in it, but meh.

14. Toy Store of Doom: My surprise? This list is actually getting predictable to the point of how things are currently turning out.

13. To Squarepants or Not to Squarepants: No comment, really.

12. Stuck in the Wringer: This is kind of the most acceptable right now, but I didn't hate it.

11. Trenchbillies: Pretty unfair choice.

10. Squidward in Clarinetland: The fans hate it because it's weird, smart. It's not the least good to me, but I don't hate it either.

9. Greasy Buffoons: Meh

8. Fungus Among Us: The fans hate it because it's disgusting. NEXT.

7. Squid-Wood: It was okay. No other comment to be made.

6. Spongebob vs. the Big One: I shouldn't be surprised that the lowly post-movie haters have a thing for hating specials...

5. Karate Island: In a way I was suspecting it, but of course, pretty much a traditional least favorite to some a plenty.

4. A Pal for Gary: I have to admit, my feelings changed for this episode, the criticism is straightforward...expect how we're all supposed to expect Spongebob to be his oblivous naive self...except for the ending of still blaming Gary...

3. Whatever Happened to Spongebob?: Obligatory special hatedom. But I have to say that this is the least appealing compared to the Big One.

2. Face Freeze: These guys should see the excellence of Robert Ryan Cory very carefully. In other words, MoBrosStudios' views on this that this is indeed not the worse is acceptable enough.

1. Truth or Square: Prepare for some curse bombs. God efin' d*** it. Seriously? Spongebob gets the hard earned milestone celebrations and the fans would still scratch, claw, bite, vandalize all this good work!? Efin fans, I just...lost faith. Seriously, replace this with All That Glitters RIGHT NAO. Just...GOD. Where's the respect and all that? SURE, it has celebs to keep the dice rolling, SURE it has Patchy the Pirate, but are these fans so easily ripped off?

• Like 3

Time to do what I do best.

Spoiler

10. Squidward in Clarinetland - This episode was a masterpiece. Shame on YouTube for not liking it

9. Greasy Buffoons - Did he say "corporate cock contest"? I would have sworn that's what I heard. Oh yeah, and the episode existed.

8. Fungus Among Us - The title is clever. The episode, not so much. Also, MoBros, your napping joke stopped being funny the twentieth time you used it.

7. Squid Wood - It's too bad these writers don't put as much thought into the episodes as they put into the titles

6. SpongeBob vs. The Big One - I agree about the misleading commercials. They made me think I'd see Kahuna Laguna's shlong! Boy, was that a let-down.

5. Karate Island - WAH IT WAS NUMBER ONE IN THE BEST DAY EVER COUNTDOWN IT'S NOT THE BEST EPISODE EVER WAH WAH WAH! I got over it years ago, but it looks like these voters didn't.

4. A Pal for Gary - Thank you Jesus.

3. WhatEver Happened to SpongeBob? - But...this episode wasn't terrible at all. There was a change of scenery, a couple good laughs...how bad can this list get?

2. Face Freeze - That's it. I'm out of here.

1. Truth or Square - Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Out of all the horrible episodes we could have chosen for number one, we chose this? We chose an episode with a decent story, decent humor, and decent songs while genuine crap like One Coarse Meal and Pet or Pests don't even make it on the list? What's wrong with these people? Did they even watch this thing? Or did they just assume that the 10th anniversary special was bad because it was made in Season 6? Heck, these choices in general make me think that their memories are so short that they aren't even aware of the depths that SpongeBob actually plunged in suckitude. They chose the first things that came to mind because they were too lazy to do some actual research. I have to apologize to MoBros for the things I said about his first list. At least he had some idea of what he was doing. This "fan"-voted countdown is downright depressing.

Like I said before: Democracy. Pretty friggin' awesome.

• Like 5

I freakin love Mario bros....

oh wait wrong thing

anyways WHY IS TRUTH OR SQUARE NUMBER 1?!?!

20. A Flea in Her Dome: Agreed

19. The Main Drain: N/A

18. All That Glitters: Why isn't this higher

17. Demolition Doofus: Mrs. Puff=lunatic

16. Wigstrick:SPONGEBOB ANNOYED THE HELL OUTTA ME -_-

15. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy: I like this episode, why does everyone hate it? :(

14. Toy Store of Doom: Episode with lots of potential that kinda failed.

13. To Squarepants or Not to Squarepants: Really pointless.

12. Stuck in the Wringer:Meh.

11. Trenchbillies: N/A

10. Squidward in Clarinetland: Forget you guys this was awesome

9. Greasy Buffoons: Meh

8. Fungus Among Us: EW

7. Squid-Wood: TOO MUCH SQUID ABUSE

6. Spongebob vs. the Big One: Hey, this doesn't deserve worst 20

5. Karate Island: Expected

4. A Pal for Gary: HIGHER

3. Whatever Happened to Spongebob?: THis was really stupid.

2. Face Freeze: N/A

1. Truth or Square: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO for the love of f******g god this is in my top 117 WHY WOULD THEY PIT THIS EPISODE AS NUMBER 1. FREAKING YOUTUBE MAKES ME FACEPALM.

• Like 1

jjs asked me to do a commentary for this version of the list, and I'm more than happy to oblige.

Spoiler

20. A Flea in Her Dome - It's not my favorite episode, but I'll admit that I'm surprised that so many people chose this one

19. The Main Drain - "And people wonder why the show's going down the drain." i c wut u did thar

18. All That Glitters - Why wasn't this on the original list? Oh right, because MB is an idiot

17. Demolition Doofus - Puff's out of character, so this was automatically one of the worst episodes of the series ever. I'm starting to question this fan-voted list

16. Wigstruck - I was just mocking MoBros, and now I'm agreeing with him! This episode came from out of nowhere.

15. Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy - I like it for the sexual innuendo

14. Toy Store of Doom - I'd say that this is in Tom Kenny's top three, but Slide Whistle Stooges is in his Top Ten, so I don't know how much credence his judgements have

13. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants - So MB's problem with this one is that it reminded him of Best Day Ever. It seems that his opinions are getting as original as these episodes

12. Stuck in the Wringer - Sentient object joke: A Mario recolor whines about how his cartoons aren't like they were ten years ago

11. Trenchbillies - I'm starting to feel like a lot of these episodes are only here because they were released later than the episodes that actually deserve these spots

So yeah. Democracy. Pretty awesome.

Time to do what I do best.

Spoiler

10. Squidward in Clarinetland - This episode was a masterpiece. Shame on YouTube for not liking it

9. Greasy Buffoons - Did he say "corporate cock contest"? I would have sworn that's what I heard. Oh yeah, and the episode existed.

8. Fungus Among Us - The title is clever. The episode, not so much. Also, MoBros, your napping joke stopped being funny the twentieth time you used it.

7. Squid Wood - It's too bad these writers don't put as much thought into the episodes as they put into the titles

6. SpongeBob vs. The Big One - I agree about the misleading commercials. They made me think I'd see Kahuna Laguna's shlong! Boy, was that a let-down.

5. Karate Island - WAH IT WAS NUMBER ONE IN THE BEST DAY EVER COUNTDOWN IT'S NOT THE BEST EPISODE EVER WAH WAH WAH! I got over it years ago, but it looks like these voters didn't.

4. A Pal for Gary - Thank you Jesus.

3. WhatEver Happened to SpongeBob? - But...this episode wasn't terrible at all. There was a change of scenery, a couple good laughs...how bad can this list get?

2. Face Freeze - That's it. I'm out of here.

1. Truth or Square - Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Out of all the horrible episodes we could have chosen for number one, we chose this? We chose an episode with a decent story, decent humor, and decent songs while genuine crap like One Coarse Meal and Pet or Pests don't even make it on the list? What's wrong with these people? Did they even watch this thing? Or did they just assume that the 10th anniversary special was bad because it was made in Season 6? Heck, these choices in general make me think that their memories are so short that they aren't even aware of the depths that SpongeBob actually plunged in suckitude. They chose the first things that came to mind because they were too lazy to do some actual research. I have to apologize to MoBros for the things I said about his first list. At least he had some idea of what he was doing. This "fan"-voted countdown is downright depressing.

Like I said before: Democracy. Pretty friggin' awesome.

I agree completely! I respect opinions but, I think there are much worse episodes more deserving of the number 1 spot (even though A Pal For Gary is my absolute WORST!). I can even list a few that could've and SHOULD'VE made the list:

Cephalopod Lodge: To me, this is the worst Squidward torture fest I've ever seen! And I've seen some pretty bad Squid abuse episodes (i.e. Squid Wood, The Thing, among others). Spongebob and Patrick follow Squidward to his favorite club, the Illuminati Cephalopod Lodge, which gets him kicked out. And when they get him back in by setting up an act where Squiddy looks awesome, they blow their cover too soon which gets Squiddy kicked out again! Now why couldn't they have just let Squiddy have his way for once?!

The Cent of Money: I really hated how selfish Mr. Krabs was in this episode. Krabs finds that Gary can attract change, in which he uses it to his advantage. But, even though Gary gets in pain as he does attract change, Krabs didn't care whether Gary was in pain or not. To Krabs, it was all "Money money money money money!" As good as the ending felt, it wasn't good enough for this episode to be really good! In fact, it was horrible and too painful to watch!

Gone: Spongebob finds that everyone in Bikini Bottom is gone! And in the end, after he goes almost psychotic, his "friends" come back and they tell him about a holiday they celebrated where they could get away from him! It was absolutely cruel and awful for everyone in Bikini Bottom to ditch Spongebob and celebrate a holiday expressing how much they wanted to get away from him. Even Spongebob's best friend PATRICK said he needed to get away from him! That HURT! If I were Spongebob, I would never talk to Pat again! This was probably the worst Spongebob torture fest I've ever seen (the others I've seen being I'm With Stupid and WhoBob WhatPants (to an extent)).

Little Yellow Book: In this episode, Squidward reads Spongebob's diary and cackles about it! And in the end, when Spongebob forgave Squidward, Squidward decided to be a "donkey" and read SB's PERSONAL diary, which caused Spongebob to cry! And his ending line was no better!

Squidward: Hahaha! I don't care! This is SOOOOOOOOOOO worth it!

Interesting that nobody pointed this out! Although, the list must've been made before 2013, so who am I to judge?

Penny Foolish: This used to be my least favorite episode of the series when it first came out! I don't hate it as much as I used to, but it's still really bad, nonetheless. I mean, Krabs stalks the poor Sponge for a stupid penny and even though he was told in the end that the penny was just a piece of gum (actually a 500$ bill), Krab is STILL looking for the god darn penny by digging up Spongebob's yard! I mean, it goes along the same level of selfishness and greed as Born Again Krabs (another episode I really hate)!

Yours, Mine and Mine: An episode where Patrick acts a huge jerk to Spongebob by not sharing a toy with him and being a brat throughout the episode. I wanted to punch him in the face after the episode was over! And what really turned me off was this line right here:

Patrick: Have you learned NOTHING about sharing? (after Pat buys the toys with SPONGEBOB's money, even after a whole eleven minutes of HIM learning nothing about sharing!)

And finally, ONE COARSE MEAL!

Oh god… I think I’m going to be sick. Okay, this episode is unbelievable. I cannot believe that THIS episode had been ignored on BOTH of MoBros' countdowns! And it also got a GREENLIT rating on TV.COM?! (Just so you know, I do respect everyone's opinions. I'm just a little surprised at the high ratings it's got.)

This episode, as I said before, is my second least favorite episode of them all (the worst being A Pal For Gary). It’s sadistic, it’s confusing, it’s mean-spirited, and it completely obliterated my once favorite character, Mr. Krabs!

Krabs and Plankton once had a special, soul-bonding friendship ever since they were babies! And they split all because of money. All this time, after Friend or Foe, I thought that maybe Krabs and Plankton, although they disliked each other, at the very least had a friendly rivalry and still cared about each other to an extent (like you said, in Best Frenemies).

I don’t think Spongebob was the one who hurt Plankton. I think Spongebob was only trying to send him on his way. Although it wouldn’t have justify the episode in any way (it didn’t save this episode for me), I think he was only putting up the projector to send Plankton away. I think tormenting him more would be leaving the projectors on. I don’t think he went back to being depressed because after he was told that Krabs was the one who disguised himself as Pearl, Plankton didn’t want to kill himself anymore. Plus, he may have hid in his house for a few, but maybe after looking outside (reluctantly), he probably thought the whales were gone, which probably relieved him. Again, this doesn’t justify the episode in any way, as it didn’t do it for me.

And actually, I think Krabs was the one who hurt Plankton more. Seeing Krabs drive Plankton to a suicidal depression and laughing about it? That was soul-crushing. More soul crushing than any other episode (except A Pal For Gary) could ever be. This episode just showed that Krabs could care less if Plankton died or suffered in any way. The reason why this is my second least favorite episode, is because it shows just how selfish Mr. Krab has become. In Best Frenemies, at least you could tell that even though they are business rivals, they still care about each other to some degree. This episode just proves to me that Mr. Krabs could not care less for Plankton, REGARDLESS of their history. Ironically, I would have thought that the one person Mr. Krabs would have hurt the least (psychologically-speaking) would be Plankton. This is no longer about business; Mr. Krabs went WAY too far. Really... it's actually pretty sad when you think about it. Krabs was just soulless and horrible to Plankton, that it's sickening! Not only is it sad, it's also SICK!   Krabs and Plankton had been best friends ever since they were babies, as shown in Friend or Foe. And even today, when you see Krabs insult Plankton or kick him out of the Krusty Krab, he at least cared a bit about him to some extent, even though he doesn't want to admit it.

But One Coarse Meal just HAD to air on television, and let me tell you. It was SOUL-CRUSHING! Watching Krabs laugh at the fact that Plankton is suffering and is about to kill himself? That hurt! It actually made Friend or Foe hard to watch.   Krabs not giving a darn about Plankton's psychological pain killed whatever respect I once had for him. 

It just made me lose ALL remaining respect I had for Krabs and it made him my LEAST favorite character on the show. Again, I do not know how it got ignored on MoBros’ countdowns, especially the fan edition. And I don’t think it deserves all the good ratings it gets. It is one of the worst Spongebob episodes of all time and it wouldn’t get any better for me, even if the writers tried to make it better. Because after that, my once favorite and respectable character had turned into a soulless beast who is worse than any character could ever be (except for a certain creepy old man from Family Guy...).

And these are some of the episodes that I feel should've made it on the fan edition! I mean, I agree with episodes like All That Glitters, Demolition Doofus, and especially A Pal For Gary (the WORST episode of the series). But to me, episodes like Wigstruck, Someone's In The Kitchen With Sandy, Squidward In Clarinetland and Fungus Among Us and even Squid Wood felt randomly placed! I really feel as if the episodes I listed above were much worse than any episode (except A Pal For Gary) on this list could ever be! And I mean, TRUTH OR SQUARE AS NUMBER 1?!???! That was one of the BEST of Season 6! I could name a whole bunch of episodes worse than this one (namely the ones I listed above).

• Like 1