• Advertisement

Star Trek News Topic Reboot (2009-???)

Crazyfish (CF)

Star Trek started out as a TV Show later there was several movies that ended the series in 2009 the series was rebooted. It went to the top of the box office and it was announced what was intended to be a one movie reboot would have a few more movies. Today, September 7th 2012, it was announced that the untitled sequel will be called "Star Trek into Darkness".

Why was there not a Star Trek topic already? You people put nerds like me to shame.

So you put yourself to shame as well since you've never made a Star Trek topic either? :P

I'm much more of a Star Wars guy. I haven't watched too many of the Star Trek movies or tv series to be honest, but I did really enjoy the 2009 reboot movie. Might have to watch some more of the series some day. Especially, Wrath of Khan.

So the third one comes out in 2016. I use to watch Star Trek a lot as a kid on Spike (not sure exactly which series it was though, could have been TNG or DS9) and I've been only avidly watching the TNG series since Feb. Not convinced if I'd ever watch the reboot movies which are apparently alternate of the original. Though the trailers for it have to be some of the best graphics I've ever seen. Unless I would watch TOS entirely first and its' movies maybe. But I lean towards watching Deep Space 9 and then Voyager in due time. Don't get me wrong, I admire Kirk, Bones, Spock and the others in that sort of era feel that I love, but my plate is full enough finishing up TNG episodes almost every single day. (And boy does those seven seasons of 42 minutes or so really take up your time, seriously alone I watch it for 20 hours or more on the weekends.) I swear, this whole franchise takes up all of your time, feelings and thoughts. 

Long story short, I'm actually more inclined to see the next Star Wars movie than this third installment.