• Advertisement

Adventure Time

Shark Tale

Adventure Time was really good at first, but after a couple seasons, it seemed to decline in quality. The later episodes has too much focus on drama and less humor. I'm slowly losing interest in this show. I only watch premieres now and very little reruns.

Adventure Time was really good at first, but after a couple seasons, it seemed to decline in quality. The later episodes has too much focus on drama and less humor. I'm slowly losing interest in this show. I only watch premieres now and very little reruns.

Really? It's your opinion, but I actually thought the early episodes of Adventure Time were kinda meh and that the show got a lot better as it went on.

• Like 2

I love this show; this and Regular Show have easily become my two favorite shows at the moment. The production, plot, characters, humor, and just overall interest far exceed that of any other shows. The music on this show, too, is pretty damned great for a kids show (although this isn't as much of a kids show like SpongeBob). Lemongrab is the most interesting character I've ever seen, I love the Ice King (who is voiced by Tom Kenny), Finn is annoying at times but not as annoying as SpongeBob can be, and the Jake/Lady Rainicorn storyline is a very interesting and edgy one. "Her Parents" was like "I'm With Stupid", but pushed the envelope like 20x.

bump boi

Dunno if I've ever posted my thoughts on AT, but for what it's worth, this show has some of the strongest continuity and some of the best handled maturation and evolution of story and characters I've ever seen in any show, period. I still overall prefer the first three Seasons to what we get now (they were just funnier), but Season 4 and the first half of 5 were good for what they were, and the second half of 5 had several slowly building subplots that were very interesting.

The very natural character and plot evolution they've made in the show from the Second Season onward is astounding though. How the show can go on a deeper philosophical level and discuss death and what is basically Alzheimer's and war and still maintain it's identity is nothing short of insane. Making entire episodes around one-shot jokes and joke characters that literally got less than a minute of screentime in early seasons is just something else. 

Only problem with the show is that a lot of the time they'll be on the brink of something awesome (Season 4/5's Lich 3-Parter, the whole Ice King subplot, etc.) and then very quickly 180 and bail on the plot point nearly as fast as they got there, which is irritating. It's also really bad at placing it's breather episodes (James II and Bad Timing are good episodes that aired at absolutely awful times in regards to ongoing arcs), and it kinda seems from tonight's episode that they're about to kinda just let this really awesome Dad plot go into the background for a while. I'm not too sure on the details of that and am probably wrong, since a crew member (Muto, I think?) said there would be more episodes about it, but who knows.

Overall it's a really great show, just has a few problems balancing out it's darker and lighter elements, but managed to transition to the darker ones very well. Still can be very funny from time to time.

• Like 3

For the most part, I'm close to fully catching up with the series. And I am hooked immensely.

Everyone has already explained the sheer awesomeness of this show. How the characters grow and conquer, the wacky hilarity, and all that. How the crew juggles all that is what truly wins me over. My favorite cartoon of the 2010's via far. The amount of effort is admirable, despite few duds in the rough.

• Like 1