• Advertisement

Adventure Time

Shark Tale

Finale was good. There's definitely been better but I liked it. I'll need to skim through it again to fully process it, though.

-What was with Beth and Shermy? I don't remember them from anywhere else. The beginning and end kinda sets it up like a backdoor pilot, thought I don't see that ever happening.
-Gumball war was a bit anticlimactic, honestly.
-Fight with the Eldtrich monster was awesome, though
-Some funny moments
-Pacing was ok, got kinda off at the end
-Wasnt expecting the Bubbeline bit, but good on them for including it
-I knew that they would do the ending montage with the credits theme
-The big character battle and ending montage parts reminded me of the RS finale a bit. This was a step up from that I think
-Was expecting more vocal parts from the returning villians set up in Gumbaldia, I guess
-Time Adventure did hit me, man. Good for a final song, I suppose. 
-Montage was fine. Went by pretty fast so I'll have to look over it again. For some reason one of the parts that I'm thinking about at the forefront is The Jiggler as a businessman. I guess because that's such a bizarre thing to put in the finale, it took me a few seconds to register who he even was.

So yeah, it was fine. My thoughts on it are kinda frazzled right now as you could tell. Maybe I'll say something more coherent about it later 

• Like 1

I thought it was a great ending to the series. While the beginning was a bit slow for me, I guess it wouldn't be Adventure Time without some trippy imagery. I did understand how it was supposed to play out. I'm guessing Beth is supposed to be one of Jake's future descendants, given that she looked like a Rainicorn dog, and I'm guessing Shermy is supposed to be Finn's successor or something like that. Showing how Ooh is in the future after the finale is pretty clever (looked a lot nicer than shown previously).

I really liked the battle against Golb and the moment between Bonnie and Marcie was surprising and fantastic, and it really shows how much CN has eased up over the years when it comes to their relationship. I admit I tear up during the Time Adventure song, especially since I couldn't help singing along to it. I also really liked the montage at the end with a lot of the past characters.

While there are stuff I wish they could've gone over, I still think it was a great finale. 

• Like 1