• Advertisement

Wii U

Clappy

Let me reword that. It doesn't look dumb, it's just... I don't like it. :/ And I read it Nintendo announced it doesn't support Blu Ray and it only supports one remote. /:
Well it doesn't come out for another year so they have plenty of time to work out all the kinks. I did hear about the one controller support issue. Knowing Nintendo, they will probably fix that because that sounds ridiculous, but I also heard that the 3DS can be used as an extra controller. Also, I have no clue where you heard the no Blu-Ray support. I heard from G4 that the Wii U was going to support Blu Ray.

Well it doesn't come out for another year so they have plenty of time to work out all the kinks. I did hear about the one controller support issue. Knowing Nintendo, they will probably fix that because that sounds ridiculous, but I also heard that the 3DS can be used as an extra controller. Also, I have no clue where you heard the no Blu-Ray support. I heard from G4 that the Wii U was going to support Blu Ray.

I read it on my DVice app on my iPad. I read that the CEO announced it. 864314.gif

I'm excited to see this console arrive, especially with the third party support it's receiving. Time will tell if this console can match up with Sony or Microsoft next gen since otherwise it could end up like the Dreamcast that was successful until the PS2 came out. While I don't find the controller too attractive, it's innovative. I hope Nintendo at least can make of the Wii U what they failed to do with the N64 and GameCube.
I can understand how some people might have thought that the Gamecube was lackluster, but how was the N64 a failure? It was the very first video game system to be built specifically for true free-roaming 3D video games in 1996, and it wasn't until the Dreamcast came out in 1999 that there was another system (by another company) that actually had that feature built into its hardware. If you want to talk about Nintendo FAILING, you should bring up either the disaster that was the Phillips CD-I video game system that featured 3 GOD awful "Legend of Zelda" video games from 1994-1996 that even Nintendo publicly disowned, or the headache that was the Virtual Boy Video Game system from 1995-1996. icon_rolleyes.gif It WAS the right idea, just not at the right time OR with the right presentation. The only thing that can be called genuinely bad for the N64 was the awful video game called "Superman 64" released in 1999, but that was an exception for the video game system, not the rule! 104938.gif I just wanted to clear this matter up.

I can understand how some people might have thought that the Gamecube was lackluster, but how was the N64 a failure? It was the very first video game system to be built specifically for true free-roaming 3D video games in 1996, and it wasn't until the Dreamcast came out in 1999 that there was another system (by another company) that actually had that feature built into its hardware. If you want to talk about Nintendo FAILING, you should bring up either the disaster that was the Phillips CD-I video game system that featured 3 GOD awful "Legend of Zelda" video games from 1994-1996 that even Nintendo publicly disowned, or the headache that was the Virtual Boy Video Game system from 1995-1996. icon_rolleyes.gif It WAS the right idea, just not at the right time OR with the right presentation. The only thing that can be called genuinely bad for the N64 was the awful video game called "Superman 64" released in 1999, but that was an exception for the video game system, not the rule! 104938.gif I just wanted to clear this matter up.
I agree with 4EverGreen. I mean the N64 is probably one of the best systems ever (yes I am that bold with my statement.). Hell, I know plenty of people who dust off their N64 just to play Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye, and much more.

Well, I thought it was going to be the Nintendo Uss http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nintendo%20Uss. But it seems as though I have been fooled. Maybe not though because it has an actual release date. Anyway, about the Wii U. Whenever Nintendo releases a next generation console and successor to their previous generation console, I never expected it to be a second console of the same name, like the Wii U, and I wouldn't want them to either. It's like the Wii 2, only it has U instead of 2. Because they never did that before. It was NES, Super NES, 64, Gamecube, and then Wii. Of course we all know that Sony has released the Playstation 2 and Playstation 3 and Microsoft has released the Xbox 360 after the Xbox. So it's no surprise there. But with Nintendo, I'd expect a whole new console every time. So the USS would make more sense.

Also, if the Wii U is going to be backwards compatible with Wii games, I think the Wii is going to die just like the Gamecube died when the Wii was released because Wii is also backwards compatible with Gamecube games. It's like a pattern. But, if they are going to release the Wii U, they need to add more features. HD. Whoopdeedoo. Big deal. I mean it is, but if they don't add any other features, it's pointless and stupid to come out with this console, especially because it's a second Wii and not a new system like the USS. If it has new features, that will be good for gamers. I'm not going to buy it though even with new features because I never even used all the features on the Wii, and the Wii didn't have a lot of games that I like. I'm really only into one genre, and that is platformers. Even though the Wii had more platformers than any other system, it still wasn't a lot. Only like 5.

Well, I thought it was going to be the Nintendo Uss http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nintendo%20Uss. But it seems as though I have been fooled. Maybe not though because it has an actual release date. Anyway, about the Wii U. Whenever Nintendo releases a next generation console and successor to their previous generation console, I never expected it to be a second console of the same name, like the Wii U, and I wouldn't want them to either. It's like the Wii 2, only it has U instead of 2. Because they never did that before. It was NES, Super NES, 64, Gamecube, and then Wii. Of course we all know that Sony has released the Playstation 2 and Playstation 3 and Microsoft has released the Xbox 360 after the Xbox. So it's no surprise there. But with Nintendo, I'd expect a whole new console every time. So the USS would make more sense.

Also, if the Wii U is going to be backwards compatible with Wii games, I think the Wii is going to die just like the Gamecube died when the Wii was released because Wii is also backwards compatible with Gamecube games. It's like a pattern. But, if they are going to release the Wii U, they need to add more features. HD. Whoopdeedoo. Big deal. I mean it is, but if they don't add any other features, it's pointless and stupid to come out with this console, especially because it's a second Wii and not a new system like the USS. If it has new features, that will be good for gamers. I'm not going to buy it though even with new features because I never even used all the features on the Wii, and the Wii didn't have a lot of games that I like. I'm really only into one genre, and that is platformers. Even though the Wii had more platformers than any other system, it still wasn't a lot. Only like 5.

Blu-ray compatibility and HD display is all it really needs. I think you're failing to grasp the point of the Wii U.

I'm looking forward to it, so far it looks promising despite all the critics towards it. The HD graphics will do great on the console and it could match the next gen consoles since the PS4 won't be a big leap from the PS3 according to Sony. We'll just have to see what it offers for gamers. Who knows, it might be the new SNES or PS2 new gen. I'm sure it won't end up like Dreamcast since Nintendo is taking the right step. I used to be a Nintendo fan until the Wii came out but I'm giving the Wii U a chance of success.

It sounds like a siren.

And about the Wii U itself, I'm not sure. Sure, the 1080p graphics seem interesting, but it's extremely expensive right now, and there isn't much of a variety of games for it as of yet. I might get it next year.. when Pikmin 3 comes out the prices are cheaper.

• Like 2

So me and my sister have joint custody over one. We split the price with all of our Visa gift cards we got over the holidays. This is where I've been over the past two-three days and cutting into my SBC time. :P

So far the console is selling at an average rate. But Nintendo has reduced the sales forecast from 5 million to 4 million, since sales are slowing down. It's probably the possible announcement of the next Sony and Microsoft consoles that has contributed to this.

But anyway, they showed a game in the last Nintendo Direct that seems pretty amazing. For me it looks like a mix of Xenoblade and Monster Hunter. So far the graphics look pretty nice for a game released on the beginning of the console.

Here it is: