• Advertisement

do people still use these

Wumbo

13 minutes ago, Old Man Jenkins said:

What kind of made-up Pokemon?

I tried to start new generations all the time, lol. I don't remember many of my ideas but I do remember this Fighting-type minotaur-like thing that was pretty cool? Sort of if you put Tauros' head on Machoke.

I'm no artist though, so the coolness ended at concept. :P

46 minutes ago, Clappy said:

Your least favorite song in the Top 10 right now?

I'll be real: most of the Top 10 I think is pretty damn great. I don't even mind the Drake song all that much. It's a toss-up between "Perfect", "Rockstar" and "Meant to Be" all for being excruciatingly boring. I'll go with "Rockstar" because at least the other two have a smidgen of heart and Post Malone is fucking garbage always.

Just now, Katniss said:

What's your favorite song in the top 10?

Finesse, but since that surprises no one, a slapdash ranking of the Top 10 for y'all:

Finesse

New Rules

Stir Fry

Bad at Love

Havana

Pray for Me

God's Plan

Perfect

Meant to Be

Rockstar

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Katniss said:

Nice, I'd probably rank my own picks around the same?

Yeah, Top 5 are all wonderful songs to me, I was strangely underwhelmed by the Weeknd/Kendrick joint but might need a few listens to grow on me, Drake is bein Drake and at this point if he has a decent beat I'll give him a pass, and well, the bottom 3 are the bottom 3.

So I've been working on my song review since yesterday for my music review thread and little did I know as soon as I check this thread out, you rank the top ten. :Laugh:

Based off your rankings, I think you're going to enjoy what I have to say?

17 minutes ago, Clappy said:

So I've been working on my song review since yesterday for my music review thread and little did I know as soon as I check this thread out, you rank the top ten. :Laugh:

Based off your rankings, I think you're going to enjoy what I have to say?

Yeah man, nice job! I remember Todd going on about pop music sounding the same and didn't really buy it, but listening back I can see where he's coming from.

Yeah as much as I really like “New Rules”, it was the song that made me realize what Todd was talking about with how formulaic it can all be music wise.  But like I said, it’s a damn good song none the less?

17 minutes ago, Clappy said:

Yeah as much as I really like “New Rules”, it was the song that made me realize what Todd was talking about with how formulaic it can all be music wise.  But like I said, it’s a damn good song none the less?

Yeah, it's got enough distinct things to stand out I think, moreso just being a product of these times in pop music is what makes it blend in sometimes.

(Side note: that Charli XCX song was kinda awful)

34 minutes ago, Clappy said:

Agreed.  That was incredibly passionless for a song about reliving a one night stand?

It also made me realize how... bad a singer Charli XCX is sometimes.

I mean I guess she's not technically terrible but like... a lot of the time she just yells and it's so shrill