• Advertisement

do people still use these

Wumbo

2 minutes ago, Midge Maisel said:

was Todd's best list better than his worst list? :funny: 

It was... an odd one to say the least. I liked watching it because I like Todd's positivity, but some of his picks... man, I could not follow him though I tried.

Spoiler

Just to give you an idea if you want it, usually at least we share some picks on our Top 10s. This year? None. Not a one.

Since I can’t do spoilers on mobile, I wish Todd followed the year end format and not include the “if it landed in the Top 20 in said year, then it counts” format.  Because I don’t even know if his number one made the Top 20 at one point this year.

Otherwise, I enjoyed his best list video.  He’s gotten so much better at doing those in comparison to his worst of the current year ones?

3 hours ago, Clappy said:

Since I can’t do spoilers on mobile, I wish Todd followed the year end format and not include the “if it landed in the Top 20 in said year, then it counts” format.  Because I don’t even know if his number one made the Top 20 at one point this year.

Otherwise, I enjoyed his best list video.  He’s gotten so much better at doing those in comparison to his worst of the current year ones?

I believe it did, briefly. In terms of enjoying watching the video, yes, I did love it. In terms of his picks... I was a bit iffy, especially towards the beginning. I found myself thinking, "Alright, so we gonna get to the actually good songs or...?" By the end of the video I was questioning my own picks for this year because we were on staunchly different pages.

7 hours ago, Wumbo said:

I believe it did, briefly. In terms of enjoying watching the video, yes, I did love it. In terms of his picks... I was a bit iffy, especially towards the beginning. I found myself thinking, "Alright, so we gonna get to the actually good songs or...?" By the end of the video I was questioning my own picks for this year because we were on staunchly different pages.

Elaborate further on the bold.  I’m curious as to why you are questioning your picks?

1 hour ago, Clappy said:

Elaborate further on the bold.  I’m curious as to why you are questioning your picks?

Well not really lol, but like... usually Todd and I at least have a few tracks in common and this year? None. Not a one. So that was a minor disappointment, especially since I honestly hated three of his picks. But hey, I definitely snubbed some of the picks on his list, and none of this matters deeply anyway because it's all opinion maaaan anyway here are my thoughts on his picks one by one:

Spoiler

10. Do not get Post Malone. Will begrudgingly admit this is probably his "best" hit this year, but I fail to see anything that makes it Top 10-worthy.

9. This is where I started getting worried, because I still can't stand this and honestly might be worth placing lower on my list. Be damned if I'm going to be lectured by Katy fucking Perry about not being woke enough. Just a buzzing annoyance of a song with topics that Katy Perry hasn't earned the right to sing about.

8. Aaaaaand this is where I started wondering if I was losing it. Look, my personal distaste for Drake aside, how is this a Top 10-worthy song? At best, it's barely above "One Dance" in terms of actually being a song.

7. I'm personally kinda bored with Adele, but at least this pick made a semblance of sense.

6. Missed my list probably due to Todd's reasons for not putting at higher. Still a damn good track and definitely one of the highlights of 2017.

5. Another snub on my part. I think it's a very nice song, but nothing I would actively seek out. After all the shit Todd gave Ed Sheeran this year, though, i'm glad he was able to reconcile slightly.

4. Probably the closest a song would have come to making my list. I liked it quite a bit actually, if I had honourable mentions, this would be one of them.

3. I have no idea what possessed him to put a mediocre Charlie Puth song on his list, especially this high. It's not that impressive.

2. Goodbye Todd we're done

1. *Not* an actual year-end hit, but if it were, this would have been high on my list. So maybe this is the closest. Whatev.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Kotarou Takasugi♡ said:

20/20 or 24k Magic? Even though I love Bruno more, I’d probably pick 20/20 it was revolutionary.

I haven't listened to either album in full. If I had to pick based on what I've heard from both, I would honestly pick 20/20 as well, mostly on the strength of "Suit & Tie".

4 hours ago, Clappy said:

Least favorite Bruno Mars song?

The Lazy Song. Holy god, The Lazy Song.

3 hours ago, Mr. Kotarou Takasugi♡ said:

favorite trend from the 2000's good or bad that you'd want to see be resurrected?

I don't know how much this is a trend but "rock music being relevant again" comes to mind

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Kotarou Takasugi♡ said:

favorite simpsons ep?

It's an obvious choice, but Last Exit to Springfield. This is the Simpsons episode that has everything: comedy, drama, suspense, parody, and quite honestly one of the best songs in their catalog.